• 30 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to view the visualforce code of a standard page?

This would help a lot in constructing good and consistent new pages fast.

• September 02, 2010

Is it possible to keep the standard page but extend or customize the standard controller? How would this be done?

The question is in general to learn to develop in force. The practical problem I'm facing right now is to set a default value to a a field relating to the user object.

• September 02, 2010

I'm new to force.com development but have 12 years of experience with similair platforms (even helped in building one).

I'm trying to create a simple app with projects and issues for project management and issue management.

A key feature for the users is to get a "to do" list with issues ie a list of all unresolved issues assigned to the currently logged in user.

I've run in to several problems with this simple app.

1. I have not found any way to filter a list view based on the currently logged in user.

The owner field can be used in filters but:

2. Users cannot change the owner field on insert not even as sysadmins. Changing responsible on insert is a must have feature. (I don't understand why on earth you would want hard code such a rule?)

3. I cannot Customize the owner field

4. There is limited access to the user object via the owner field.

To get around above problems I've created a custom responsible field that can be changed on insert by the user. This field need to update the owner field so that the owner field can be used for the list filters but:

5. No matter what permissions the users have (even sysadmin) and no matter if the trigger is defined as after insert it is still not possible to change the owner field.

So what I need help with is:

A. Is it possible to make the owner field editable when inserting a new record? If not - why?

B. Is it possible to change the owner field in a trigger by copying the value of a custom field? How?

I have tried the following trigger to try to update the owner field.

"trigger copyOwner on Issue__c (after insert,before update) {
    for(Issue__C theIssue: Trigger.new){
        if (theIssue.ownerid!=theIssue.Responsible__c){
        theIssue.ownerid=theIssue.Responsible__c;
        }
    }
}"

Any help would be very appreciated! :-)

• August 31, 2010

Does anybody know if it is possible to filter a list on the current logged in user against a user lookup field?

I have an issue data object with a field called Responsible that is a relation to the user table. I want a list view to display issues where the responsible field equals the logged in user.

• August 30, 2010

I'm new to force.com development but have 12 years of experience with similair platforms (even helped in building one).

I'm trying to create a simple app with projects and issues for project management and issue management.

A key feature for the users is to get a "to do" list with issues ie a list of all unresolved issues assigned to the currently logged in user.

I've run in to several problems with this simple app.

1. I have not found any way to filter a list view based on the currently logged in user.

The owner field can be used in filters but:

2. Users cannot change the owner field on insert not even as sysadmins. Changing responsible on insert is a must have feature. (I don't understand why on earth you would want hard code such a rule?)

3. I cannot Customize the owner field

4. There is limited access to the user object via the owner field.

To get around above problems I've created a custom responsible field that can be changed on insert by the user. This field need to update the owner field so that the owner field can be used for the list filters but:

5. No matter what permissions the users have (even sysadmin) and no matter if the trigger is defined as after insert it is still not possible to change the owner field.

So what I need help with is:

A. Is it possible to make the owner field editable when inserting a new record? If not - why?

B. Is it possible to change the owner field in a trigger by copying the value of a custom field? How?

I have tried the following trigger to try to update the owner field.

"trigger copyOwner on Issue__c (after insert,before update) {
    for(Issue__C theIssue: Trigger.new){
        if (theIssue.ownerid!=theIssue.Responsible__c){
        theIssue.ownerid=theIssue.Responsible__c;
        }
    }
}"

Any help would be very appreciated! :-)

• August 31, 2010

Does anybody know if it is possible to filter a list on the current logged in user against a user lookup field?

I have an issue data object with a field called Responsible that is a relation to the user table. I want a list view to display issues where the responsible field equals the logged in user.

• August 30, 2010

Is it possible to override standard field labels and make standard fields not required on page layouts?  For example, can the Opportunity Close Date field label be modified and not required?

Thanks.