• 15 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
what is the url to login to the de org... I signed up for one about a year ago. No matter where I search on salesforce, I cannot seem to find a single reference illustrating where to login to the DE org, All I can find are links to sign up... OK... tried to sign up again, and I get a message that my email is already used... Ok... Where can I go to login???
We auto fill lead source when a new lead is created from a web-to-lead form. Once that lead is converted into a lead, the lead source value appears to be lost.

Why?

When I look at lead field mapping, their are no options to map the lead source to the Account source. So once the lead is converted to an account I loose the lead source value

Why?

When I defined values for the lead source drop down, I'm given an option to include the drop down values for Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, so again, why am I unable to map the lead source to the newley created account?

How can I map(retain) the lead source to the account created during lead conversion?
EE

I've created an elaborate flow for the purposes of collecting information from new clients. Now that I finally have the flow working exactly the way that I want it to... I created a VF page that utilizes a vf page template, and in the defined section "body" I've added the following

<flow:interview name="flowname"/>  Which is between the <apex:define name="body"/> </define> tags

I've added the vf page/template to my sites vf pages list.
I've added both to the guestuser as well

When I lauch the new vf page on the site, I see the first "Intro" page of the flow. But as soon as I select "Next" to begin going through the flow I get:
Authorization Required
You must first log in or register before access this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it.

What am I missing here...

I've invested the last 45 days building this elaborate flow, and management is expecting this to be rolled out yesterday... Can anyone help me understand why this isn't working...

I started this following the dreamforce session where it was made very clear that a flow could be used in this manner, which is why I've invested the time to build it... Now that it's built, I can't get it to work...  Panicing... Please help!!!
I've built an elaborate flow with some sub flows that seems to work great.  There are however some issuess that I'm having...

For this discussion, I'm primarily focused on combining two text fields into a single field and adding a space between the two values... The result will be used during a record create...

on a screen I have three fields [First Name] [Middle Name] [Last Name].  In most cases I want this value stored as three seperate fields which again works just fine. However, I have a scenario where I want to combine all 3 fields into a single variable called varFullName. When I use an assigment to set varFullName equals FirstName, varFullName add MiddleName, varFullName add LastName. I get the following result for David A. Greer (DavidA.Greer) notice their are no spaces between the three items...

So here is what I've tried (none have worked)

- created a text template with a space and added this twice to above assigment (FN SP MN SP LN) begin FN with "equal" others have "add" Still get (DavidA.Greer)

- created a text template with &nbsp; between KERNING="0">&nbsp;</Font>.... (same result at previous) <note, however I've been using this to create a space successfully in help/display text to for paragraph spacing, but dosn't work for creating SF records. meaning the result is
David<SPAN..............>&nbsp;</FONT>A.<DIV...........etc. (i cut down the 200+characters to protect the inocent) Clearly this didn't work.

- I created a contant with a space, which after saved appears to disaper, rendering (DavidA.Greer)

- I tried to add a space in the "from field" in the assigment, but during save this resulted in an error

- I tried adding " " to the from field, no error, but results in (David" "A." "Greer) Clearly incorrect as well...

So Can anyone help me under stand how to force a space between two(multiple) values. that are merged together into a variable...

PS. I have 2 address sections where I'm trying to combine Address Line 1 and Address line 2 into a single varAddressStreet to prevent users from entering the CR in the multiline address fields...

I also have some other cases to combine fields like this...  I hope their is a simple solution to this.
EE Using Cloud Flow Designer.

I've created a flow to collect information from clients. Part of this form will ask for the Shipping and Billing addresses...

I have both blocks on a single "Screen"

I have also added a checkbox labled "Same as Shipping" just below the the Shipping Address block (just above the Billing address block)

Currently (using a decision) if the CBX is true, I can "Assign" the Shipping Address info to the both the Shipping/Billing var... Fields, but to the user, the Billing address fields remain blank. so they think the form (cbx) didn't work, and proceed to fill in the billing address information anyway, and they are complaining about this not working... 

So my questions are:

Is their a way to have a single screen dynamically update information on the screen page, following a checked box event?

I'm inclined to assume I can do this via some apex class/testclass, but don't have the apex expertise to create something like this. And given this type of functionality is so wide spread (almost fundamental), I'm hoping their is a sample/working class in jithub, I've tried searching jithub, but either I don't understand how to or their arent nearly as many apex references as I was expecting to find. Or Maybe Apex isn't the right option, I say that because I'm using the formatphoneplugin (which works great) but again the user, does't see the formatting change, similar to what we see when editing a phone in sf) so maybe having dynamic functions isn't supported...  But I would really love to add if it is...

Can anyone help me understand how to acheive this functionality...

And can anyone share searching tips for searching jithub.

Thanks!

EE

In my Flow (cloud flow designer) I have a field to collect a piece of data. In many cases the value provided by the user may exceed 23 characters, which is completely acceptable for the field initialy used to collect this data. However, I have a 2nd field that I need to collect from the user and this field needs to be limited to 23 characters...  I have a VR on this 2nd field preventing entering more than 23 characters which is working just fine...

The problem is that I want to grab the first 23 characters from the initial field to default a value in the 2nd field. The user would then have the option to keep the "truncated" value or modify it before proceeding.

I've tried to:

Use assignment: varSecField | equals | Left(!InitialField},23)

which renders "Left(!InitialField},23)" instead of "This Should Be the Resu"

Use assigment w/TextTemplate (ttTruncField) reads as Left(!InitialField},23)

and the assignment is varSecField | equals | ttTruncField

same result as previous

I even tried to set the default for the varSecField to L(X,23)

same result again.

I tried to use a formula:

if(LEN(InitialField)<24,1,0). And so far this expression works for the decision, but still doesn't offer any ability to truncate (left fill) my new var.

I'm sorry, but this has me baffled... Can someone help me get this item resolved...

Using Flow Designer EE

I have a flow that ask the user to create up to 5 contacts:

Primary Corporate contact (required) [Bob Jones]

Secondary Corporate contact (optional) [Tom Wilson] or blank

Primary Account Signer (required) [Tom Wilson]

Secondary Account Signer (optional) [Carl Phillips] or blank

IT Manager (required) [Eric Jefferson]

At the end of this part of the flow a new record is created in a custom object.

In addition to that, an option asking the user if they would like to provide infor for a 2nd(additional) account (if they have multiple locations)

What I want to do is give the user a list of 3, 4 or 5 contacts to [ ] select from, to automatically assign to the new account, bypassing the prompts to provide contact data for a contact that was previously provided... Using the [sample input] above, this list for the user to pick from would look like this

[ . ] Bob Jones

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ] Carl Phillips

[ . ] Eric Jefferson

[ . ] Add New Contact

Since Tom Wilson was provided twice initially, I don't want to show him twice in the new selections. (This seems to be the only option at present)

[ . ] Bob Jones

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ] Carl Phillips

[ . ] Eric Jefferson

[ . ] Add New Contact

And secondly if no one was provided for either (both in ex below) of the optional I don't want the view to look like this.

[ . ] Bob Jones

[ . ]

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ]

[ . ] Eric Jefferson

[ . ] Add New Contact

I would prefer the above to show as

[ . ] Bob Jones

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ] Eric Jefferson

[ . ] Add New Contact

applies to Checkbox or radio button

Maybe the ideal solutoin is to extend the dynamic choice (or create new "VariablePicklist" element) to allow moderator to pick list values from stored variables instead of locking in on only sf objects

EE: I'm getting familiar with Flows... For the most part I'm quite pleased with this tool. But one thing has me puzzled.

I can put Text Fields/ Number Fields, Date Fields, etc. but I cannot put a Phone Number Field.

The obvious workaround is to provide a Text Field, labeled Phone...

One key feature of having input fields is to update/create records in SF. Within SF objects are field types referred to as "Phone" fields, which do a nice job of consistently formatting phone number fields. The problem (if not already obvious) is that using a Text Field (that doesn't perform the formatting) allows user to input the value, in a none formatted way (like 8001234567 or 888-123-4567, etc.) And apparently the incoming data to the record bypasses the formatting protocol and is written into the record unformatted. As you can imagine this is disconcerting...

Ideally, it would be nice if a Phone Field type was added to the Flow Palate, that followed the (seemingly) global phone formatting protocol

For now I'm having to place a REGEX to confirm the user keys in using the correct format (* which is also a concern, because the SF Protocol puts a space following ")", whereas a user would never think to do that) As a data integrity freak this technicality if quite frustrating, but not disastrous, The larger issue is for users accustom to entering straight 10 digits having the formatting done automatically, Asking them to utilize old methods of formatting the information on the fly... Again not the end of the world, but listening to users bitch about it make me long for Armageddon.

I have created four apex pages, one for each Record Type from a Custom Object. The custom object was created to allow us to collect information from our clients (guest) that will visit one of four forms based on links that we provide.

the problem is two fold.

First... There doesn't appear to be a way to set the record type (like saleforce ask a user to do when we create a new record) let's be clear, I don't want to prompt the client to choose either, what I would like is to be able to define the record type on each of the four pages...

Second... Because I cannot define the record type, none of my drop down fields are working, as I've defined which values should be available based on the record type. So again, I need the record type to be determined before the client can fill out the form (ultimately to create a new record) Otherwise many of the choices may seem foreign or extraneous.

Lastly, no matter which form the user fills out, they all come in as the default record type, instead of the the correct...

I've tried to add a hidden field with a value="000000RecTypeIDAAA" not sure why this isn't a natively supported function?

Can anyone help me figure out why I cannot define a record type using sites forms.  Is their a URL comment I can put into the link that will do this for me? like /pageName?RecordTypeID=000000RecTypeIDAAA

I have a field on a form in my site for Tax_ID__c  I have a validation rul on this field making sure the input conforms to the regex formatting...

If someone does provide the correct syntax (12-1234567) then the form submits just fine.  But If a guest user dosn't format this field properly. Instead of getting an error letting them know which field needs to be corrected, so they can resubmit. a page loads telling the visitor that the site is under construction. 

fortunately, they can hit the back button and fix, but again, then wouldn't know what to fix.  How do I get the same behavior when the validation failes for a licensed user to work the same for the guest user?

EE.  I'm looking for a way to obtain an active list of RecordTypeId's along with the name(description) so I can source out the ID for use in a vfpage, to lock in the record type...

I have a custom object, that I have four forms on a "Sites", each form will have a hidden (rendered="false") that field will contain the Record Type,  I only have 4 recordTypes, and each form will hardcode the appropriate recordtype.

I found the following code from a "Best Practices" site http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Apex_Code_Best_Practices but it doesn't work.  No Big Surprise!

Here is a cNp from a best practice doc, Does anyone know how I can accomplish what I need...

//Query for the Account record types
     List<RecordType> rtypes = [Select Name, Id From RecordType 
                  where sObjectType='CustomObj__c' and isActive=true];

//Create a map between the Record Type Name and Id for easy retrieval
     Map<String,String> accountRecordTypes = new Map<String,String>{};
     for(RecordType rt: rtypes)
        accountRecordTypes.put(rt.Name,rt.Id);

for(Account a: Trigger.new){

//Use the Map collection to dynamically retrieve the Record Type Id
     	  //Avoid hardcoding Ids in the Apex code
     	  if(a.RecordTypeId==accountRecordTypes.get('Healthcare')){     	  	
     	  	 //do some logic here.....
     	  }else if(a.RecordTypeId==accountRecordTypes.get('High Tech')){
     	  	 //do some logic here for a different record type...
     	  }

} 

Line 7

for(RecordType rt : rtypes)  Errors out with the following error "Expecting Right Curly Bracket found 'For' instead.

Why is SF publishing incomplete documentation that they know doesn't work?

FYI, I have already produced a working controller that has static values for my recordtypes that works in my sandbox, but I can't deploy it because apparently I have to now figure out how to write test for it... Yeah!... Actually I agree with the concept of validating the integrity, it would just be nice if their was a more convenient (better documentation) to do it... Never the less, before I go through the headache of writing test methods, I felt it would be in my best interest to go ahead and follow the Best Practice, of not hard coding ID's as they may not persist in other instances, then write test methods for that instead...  But for some reason I'm just not connecting the dots, 

does anyone have a complete example of how to do this (unike SF unreliable peice mill approach)

I have created a site, whos sole purpose is to contain three forms for collecting sensative information, that will create a new record in a custom object.

I have other issues that still need to be worked out, but one issue is at the top of the list. 

I (more importantly Guest) can access the forms from BOTH the http and https address.  Since the collected content is sensative, I would only like the https site to be accessible. in short, how do I disable http access, while maintaining https access to the site.

At present, my only known means of limiting http access, is by not divulging http in any links,email templates, etc.  But if someone were to inadvertantly switch to http, then I'm concerned the content provided may not be as secure as we would like, and/or the confidence of the visitor may be deminished.

https://automatedmerchant.force.com/amsapps  If you want to take a look. (keep in mind I'm still experimenting with certain items on the pages contained therein, so the pages aren't actually ready for release)

I have created a visualforce page that includes the apex:form tag...  I did so as this page will be used on our site, to collect information from my customers.  As it stands, we want only one row of fields, which we have, but the form appears to reserve space for 2 columns, which makes the form look ridiculous, as all fields are favoring the left hand side of the form, while the right most side of the form is blank...  How can I get the single row of fields to fill the entire space (or eliminate row 2, so the fields at least look like they are in the center of the form

Here is a snap shot of how the form looks now

OK... Apparently I can't paste an image into this forum... (nice)

So I guess I'll try to show as best i can

----------------------------------------FORM----------------------------------------------

............................................Title of Form

field label1 [______________]

field label 2[______________]

..........................................................................[submit]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like it to look like:

----------------------------------------FORM----------------------------------------------

..................field label 1.....[___________________________]

..................field label 2.....[___________________________]

...............................................[submit]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So not only do I want a single (uniformed) column set,

But I want to be able to expand the length of the label and the input field text box

and I want the Submit button centered instead of drifting out to the right, which also looks hidieous

I need the recordtype id as a hidden field on a page being used on our "Site"

I was told that I needed an extention to add this to the page. So here is my CE. I've uploaded from the sandbox to my production, but when I attempt to deploy it, it fails... WHY!

public class CustExt {
    public CustExt(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {}
    public string getRecId() {
        return CustomObject__c.RecordTypeID='0123000000101RCAAG';
    }
}

I have the following template

<apex:page showHeader="false" id="amsTemplate">
  <apex:image id="AMSHeader" value="https://PATH2IMAGEONSALESFORCE" width="100%" height="120"/>
  <apex:insert name="header">
      <hr/>
  </apex:insert>
  <apex:insert name="leftnav"/>
  <apex:insert name="body"/>
  <apex:insert name="footer">
      <hr/>
  </apex:insert>
</apex:page>

Which I'm having trouble figuring out how to get "leftnav" to show up in the same row (column1) as "body" (column2)

as it is now. "leftnav" appears above "body"  I tried... using html <table> and <tr><td> but that didn't work either...  I also couldn't find any referenced in the component reference that discused how to to this either...

Any Suggestions???

EE

I'm creating a VisualForce page, that employees
will use to create new records in a custom object.

The records in this
custom object requires a Record Type. And the Page(s) I'm creating will have the
Record Type HARD CODED in a hidden fields. So when the user creates a record
(based on the page they use) the record type will automatically be
assigned.

I'm attempting to use

<apex:inputHidden
rendered="false" required="true"
value="{!CustomObject__c.RecordTypeId}"/>

But I don't seem to have any
means of forcing the appropriate RecordType ID to this hidden field.  How do I
pass the Fixed RecordTypeId values in the form

As it stands now, it only
defaults to the default record type for the user, and this cannot be, I need to
pass the correct RecordTypeId into the form...

Any help is greatly
appreciated... thanks!

Can anyone tell me where I should go to get support for CMSForce2?

I've been posting my questions here for the past two weeks, as advised by Premier Support. and I have received No replies to any of them. Am I in the wrong place???

My new CMSForce2 pages are up and running, but do not work...

I followed all of the instructions. Pages load just fine, but when the submit button is pressed. No data is received into the specified object, and for some reason the Template page loads, almost like Viewing the page template (you know with the Red lables identifying each page section (i.e. Header, Sidebar, body, footer)

Can some please help me...

FYI... If I preview the page, and fill in the form the submit button works perfectly, but when I load the page from my sites directory it behaves as descibed above...

I've posted two inquiries on these forums asking for help with CMSForce2 project, and I'm not getting any feedback.  What do I need to do to get some assistance???

Please see subject "Not Receiving data from Form" posted on 8/17 for detail on my original support request...

thanks!

I have created some pages to collect information from clents into a custom object. The form works great when I preview the form and submit, but when I visit the page as an outsider, all looks good, but submit returns me to a template " .../sitename/page" (missing page id) and no data is received. I've followed the installation instructions to the T, and I can't get any data... Help Please...

I try to save a specific flow and receive the following error: "We're sorry, but a serious error occurred. Please don't close the Cloud Flow Designer window. Contact Salesforce Customer Support as soon as possible."

I tried submitting a case, considering the "Contact Salesforce Customer Support as soon as possible." and was told that because we don't have Premier Support to post here. Any thoughts? It only happens on one flow. The others save without issue.
what is the url to login to the de org... I signed up for one about a year ago. No matter where I search on salesforce, I cannot seem to find a single reference illustrating where to login to the DE org, All I can find are links to sign up... OK... tried to sign up again, and I get a message that my email is already used... Ok... Where can I go to login???
EE

I've created an elaborate flow for the purposes of collecting information from new clients. Now that I finally have the flow working exactly the way that I want it to... I created a VF page that utilizes a vf page template, and in the defined section "body" I've added the following

<flow:interview name="flowname"/>  Which is between the <apex:define name="body"/> </define> tags

I've added the vf page/template to my sites vf pages list.
I've added both to the guestuser as well

When I lauch the new vf page on the site, I see the first "Intro" page of the flow. But as soon as I select "Next" to begin going through the flow I get:
Authorization Required
You must first log in or register before access this page.
If you have forgotten your password, click Forgot Password to reset it.

What am I missing here...

I've invested the last 45 days building this elaborate flow, and management is expecting this to be rolled out yesterday... Can anyone help me understand why this isn't working...

I started this following the dreamforce session where it was made very clear that a flow could be used in this manner, which is why I've invested the time to build it... Now that it's built, I can't get it to work...  Panicing... Please help!!!
EE Using Cloud Flow Designer.

I've created a flow to collect information from clients. Part of this form will ask for the Shipping and Billing addresses...

I have both blocks on a single "Screen"

I have also added a checkbox labled "Same as Shipping" just below the the Shipping Address block (just above the Billing address block)

Currently (using a decision) if the CBX is true, I can "Assign" the Shipping Address info to the both the Shipping/Billing var... Fields, but to the user, the Billing address fields remain blank. so they think the form (cbx) didn't work, and proceed to fill in the billing address information anyway, and they are complaining about this not working... 

So my questions are:

Is their a way to have a single screen dynamically update information on the screen page, following a checked box event?

I'm inclined to assume I can do this via some apex class/testclass, but don't have the apex expertise to create something like this. And given this type of functionality is so wide spread (almost fundamental), I'm hoping their is a sample/working class in jithub, I've tried searching jithub, but either I don't understand how to or their arent nearly as many apex references as I was expecting to find. Or Maybe Apex isn't the right option, I say that because I'm using the formatphoneplugin (which works great) but again the user, does't see the formatting change, similar to what we see when editing a phone in sf) so maybe having dynamic functions isn't supported...  But I would really love to add if it is...

Can anyone help me understand how to acheive this functionality...

And can anyone share searching tips for searching jithub.

Thanks!

Using Flow Designer EE

I have a flow that ask the user to create up to 5 contacts:

Primary Corporate contact (required) [Bob Jones]

Secondary Corporate contact (optional) [Tom Wilson] or blank

Primary Account Signer (required) [Tom Wilson]

Secondary Account Signer (optional) [Carl Phillips] or blank

IT Manager (required) [Eric Jefferson]

At the end of this part of the flow a new record is created in a custom object.

In addition to that, an option asking the user if they would like to provide infor for a 2nd(additional) account (if they have multiple locations)

What I want to do is give the user a list of 3, 4 or 5 contacts to [ ] select from, to automatically assign to the new account, bypassing the prompts to provide contact data for a contact that was previously provided... Using the [sample input] above, this list for the user to pick from would look like this

[ . ] Bob Jones

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ] Carl Phillips

[ . ] Eric Jefferson

[ . ] Add New Contact

Since Tom Wilson was provided twice initially, I don't want to show him twice in the new selections. (This seems to be the only option at present)

[ . ] Bob Jones

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ] Carl Phillips

[ . ] Eric Jefferson

[ . ] Add New Contact

And secondly if no one was provided for either (both in ex below) of the optional I don't want the view to look like this.

[ . ] Bob Jones

[ . ]

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ]

[ . ] Eric Jefferson

[ . ] Add New Contact

I would prefer the above to show as

[ . ] Bob Jones

[ . ] Tom Wilson

[ . ] Eric Jefferson

[ . ] Add New Contact

applies to Checkbox or radio button

Maybe the ideal solutoin is to extend the dynamic choice (or create new "VariablePicklist" element) to allow moderator to pick list values from stored variables instead of locking in on only sf objects

I've written a rather intricate flow which asks a number of questions from the user and then using APEX it creates a record to a custom object, based ont he user input.

The issue I face is that at the end of the Flow, I prompt the user to enter another record (against the same Master) and if they answer Yes, the Flow will repeat.  However, it retains all of the prior input.  Is there a way to clear all user input prior to repeating the flow?

I'm creating a drop down with two choices and each with "show input on selection" checked. How do i refer the value passed into the text box. Where is that value stored.

In the last screen of my flow, I display the various input fields submitted by the user as a confirmation of what s/he enterred. This screen is preceeded by a Record Create task which posted the data to my custom object. All is well except for the fact that my last screen displays the default buttons of "Previous" and "Finish". How do I remove or hide the Previous button so a user does not make an inadvertent double entry by clicking the Previous button and invoking the Record Create a second time?

I have created a site, whos sole purpose is to contain three forms for collecting sensative information, that will create a new record in a custom object.

I have other issues that still need to be worked out, but one issue is at the top of the list. 

I (more importantly Guest) can access the forms from BOTH the http and https address.  Since the collected content is sensative, I would only like the https site to be accessible. in short, how do I disable http access, while maintaining https access to the site.

At present, my only known means of limiting http access, is by not divulging http in any links,email templates, etc.  But if someone were to inadvertantly switch to http, then I'm concerned the content provided may not be as secure as we would like, and/or the confidence of the visitor may be deminished.

https://automatedmerchant.force.com/amsapps  If you want to take a look. (keep in mind I'm still experimenting with certain items on the pages contained therein, so the pages aren't actually ready for release)

I have created a visualforce page that includes the apex:form tag...  I did so as this page will be used on our site, to collect information from my customers.  As it stands, we want only one row of fields, which we have, but the form appears to reserve space for 2 columns, which makes the form look ridiculous, as all fields are favoring the left hand side of the form, while the right most side of the form is blank...  How can I get the single row of fields to fill the entire space (or eliminate row 2, so the fields at least look like they are in the center of the form

Here is a snap shot of how the form looks now

OK... Apparently I can't paste an image into this forum... (nice)

So I guess I'll try to show as best i can

field label1 [______________]

field label 2[______________]

..........................................................................[submit]

I would like it to look like:

..................field label 1.....[___________________________]

..................field label 2.....[___________________________]

...............................................[submit]

So not only do I want a single (uniformed) column set,

But I want to be able to expand the length of the label and the input field text box

and I want the Submit button centered instead of drifting out to the right, which also looks hidieous