• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am new to the Salesforce world and have been put in charge of handling our company's CRM.  We use the enterprise edition.  We use Opportunities for when our salesperson has a sales opportunity.  When the contact says they will purchase our product, our salesperson marks the opportunity with the product as "Pledged".  This means we still need to receive payment from them.  What I would like to do is be able to mass email all our the contacts that are related to any Account where Opportunity Stage = "Pledged".  I have tried too  many ways and feel as if I am wasting my time trying to figure it out alone.  I know I must use cross object formulas but cannot figure it out.

The relationship is as follows:  The Contact is related to an Account which has an Opportunity related to it.  I need to be able to create a view for my mass email so I can email all contacts from accounts where Opp Stage = "Pledged".

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thank you in advance!

My Email is jgriffith@nwca.cc

Feel free to email me at any time.

-Jordon

I want to pull in a value from a picklist froma custom Account field into a related custom Opportunity field.

Account = DOD,  Business Unit =  Federal.  Opportunity = "Army Procurement Project",  Account = DOD,
Business Unit = Federal.

I need the Opportunity Business Unit value to be automatically pulled from the Account Business Unit field where Account = DOD.  The Account Business Unit API name is Business_Unit_c.  The value "Federal" was selected on Account object from a picklist.

Help with the syntax and an example would be appreciated!  Thanks!
  • January 22, 2010