• 180 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am getting a warning message when i opened secure site url from my sandbox environment.

This is probably not the site you are looking for!
You attempted to reach ***.acdev01.cs14.force.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.cs14.force.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of ***.acdev01.cs14.force.com. You should not proceed.

How can i configure my sandbox box environment to resolve this issue? 

Hello,

Is there anyway we can provide user friendly URL's in Site.com?

This functionality does exists in Force.com Sites, read:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/apex_site_urlRewriter.htm?SearchType=Stem

I am looking for similar functionality OOTB with Site.com.

It's a must have feature.

Thanks,

Ketan

Hello,

I am able to insert new entries to a salesforce object from SiteForce.com interface by using "Forms" element.

But, I am not able to find out a way to edit an existing entry in salesforce.com object from SiteForce.com interface.

For Example: Assume there is a "Description Field" on a salesforce.com object entry. Can I update the text in the "Description Field" from SiteForce.com interface?

TIA.

-Ketan

How do I add VisualForce pages to siteforce?  I remember in one of the demo's the speaker mentioning about ability to add visual force pages.

Thanks!

I've created a pre-release developer sandbox to test out Winter '12 and have been working with Siteforce.

I'd like to experiment with exposing a Salesforce object (custom or standard) via Siteforce - I attended a demo at Dreamforce that did this exact thing. However, I can't see anyway to do this and the help has no information on this.

Can someone confirm if this feature is not in the current release or am I failing to spot the option somewhere.

I have a question in relation to the 2 step process that takes place when deploying a "My Domain" configuration.These steps are to first register the domain for my organization. The second step is to then deploy the My Domain to all users.

My question is as follows: If I register my "My Domain" can I then test out functionalities using this My Domain prior to deploying it to all users.  I.E. If I want to test out accessing documents/links which use the new Domain link & other similar tasks. Can this be done once the My Domain is registered, or will it have to be deployed to all users before this can occur?

Thanking you in advance.

I am trying to get a cookie value.

If I use getValue(), my Sites application will return an authorization error.

If I use String.valueOf(cookie), it returns the value as null.

What am I doing wrong here?

Here is my cool new cookie class:

public class coreCookie {
// ----------------------------------------------------
// Check if cookie exists
public Boolean exists(String cookieName) { return get(cookieName) != null; }
// Get the cookie value (if exists)
public Cookie get(String cookieName) { return ApexPages.currentPage().getCookies().get(cookieName); }
public String getStr(String cookieName) { return String.valueOf(ApexPages.currentPage().getCookies().get(cookieName)); }
// Set the cookie value
public Cookie set(String cookieName, Integer cookieVal) { return this.set(cookieName, String.valueOf(cookieVal)); }
public Cookie set(String cookieName, String cookieVal) {
Cookie cval = new Cookie(cookieName, cookieVal, null, -1, false);
return get(cookieName);
}
}

As you might have noticed, Siteforce is finally enabled for DE orgs!  Simply go to the app picker at the top right hand corner and select Siteforce, then you'll see a Sites tab.  Remember to enable either the Publisher or Contributor feature on your user to use Siteforce.  Have fun!

Addison

I am getting a warning message when i opened secure site url from my sandbox environment.

This is probably not the site you are looking for!
You attempted to reach ***.acdev01.cs14.force.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.cs14.force.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of ***.acdev01.cs14.force.com. You should not proceed.

How can i configure my sandbox box environment to resolve this issue? 

Hi,Community!

I tried Site.com.

But, There is no "Publish Changes" button in my development environment.

I can not do "Manage Domains".

What do you have to be able to do?

Regards,

Hello,

Is there anyway we can provide user friendly URL's in Site.com?

This functionality does exists in Force.com Sites, read:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/apex_site_urlRewriter.htm?SearchType=Stem

I am looking for similar functionality OOTB with Site.com.

It's a must have feature.

Thanks,

Ketan

How does site.com recognises client ?whether it is iPad, BB or desktop?

Also how do we develop mobile compatible sites in site.com?

• June 09, 2012

Hello,

I am able to insert new entries to a salesforce object from SiteForce.com interface by using "Forms" element.

But, I am not able to find out a way to edit an existing entry in salesforce.com object from SiteForce.com interface.

For Example: Assume there is a "Description Field" on a salesforce.com object entry. Can I update the text in the "Description Field" from SiteForce.com interface?

TIA.

-Ketan

I am trying to displsy content in Site.com but I am not able to use content management in Site.com.

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to show an image thumbnail on preview/list and larger image when clickin on details. The idea is to use a Repeater which shows a list of records from a Custom Object. It should also show an image for each record. When clicking on a record, a new page with a larger image should be shown.

Is this possible at all?

And how do you associate an image to a record? Creating an specific field on the object?

Thanks in advance.

I have submitted an idea to add a new Ideas category dedicated to Site.com. Vote up! https://sites.secure.force.com/success/ideaView?id=08730000000hczpAAA

I have a Form on a page that is linked with the Lead object. Our Lead object has the Owner ID picklist field as a required field, so Site.com is requiring that it be included on the page. We don't want the ownerid field shown to customers, so what we can do is simply check "Hidden" in the Properties panel and give it a pre-determined value. This hides the field from the web page and still allows the data to be passed into Salesforce. The problem is that the field is still visible within the source code along with all the options of the picklist. The options include every user in our org - that's not really something we want exposed.

If we could have control over the type of HTML element that was rendered, we could make this field render as a standard HTML <input> field instead of a <select> picklist, and give it a default value. But site.com doesn't give us that option; it has to be rendered as a <select> picklist.

I know I could just write a custom code block, but I wanted to take advantage of site.com's drag and drop functionality.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to rename an image file? When I right click on the filename or the gear icon, I'm only presented with Delete and Download.

Hi there,

In site.com . . . I want to limit the number of child items that show in a menu on my page. For example, I have a vertical menu on the left side of my pages, and I only want it to show the parent and 1 level of child items. I see a link to a "Use Other Map" in the Menu Source drop down but it crashes everytime I try it?

Is there another way to limit what the menu displays? 

Thanks,

-AJ

As you might have noticed, Siteforce is finally enabled for DE orgs!  Simply go to the app picker at the top right hand corner and select Siteforce, then you'll see a Sites tab.  Remember to enable either the Publisher or Contributor feature on your user to use Siteforce.  Have fun!

Addison

Is there a way I can submit requests to force.com from SiteForce.  My scenario is of someone wants to find a listing that is present in the custom object; must be able to submit the requset.  Once the request is evalauted, force.com would return the possible matches found in the custom object.  How do I accomplish this?

The other question I've is, is there a way, I can do a change to URL to be the URL of the list name (listings/businessname) instead of ?id=xxxxxx .  The reason I'm asking is this is good for SEO than making them as ?id=xxxxxx

Thanks!

How do I add VisualForce pages to siteforce?  I remember in one of the demo's the speaker mentioning about ability to add visual force pages.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm using Siteforce in a Winter'12 prerelease Dev org. I have noticed that the CSS property "content" is not supported. This property is used in combination with the pseudo-selectors :before and :after.

This a standard property, available since CSS2 (almost ten years ago!) and therefore accepted by W3C. It should be supported by Siteforce, in order to fulfill the standards.

Regards.

• September 26, 2011