• 225 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am little mystified by why Eclipse Content assit doesnt work on varibles for APi version 31 onwards.

For example, if I declare the following variable 
Account a = new Account();
I would expect content assist to show me list of all Account fileds after I type  
a.
but in stead I get 'no proposal'

This works for APi version 29 and 30. So why doesnt it work for 31 onwards? It there a setting or munipulation of some file I need to do to get this to work? I have also tried Apex Editor LS and its the same.

I have also looked into  Mavensmate and to be honest I couldnt even install the software. Followed the instruction and got nowhere (probably becase I dont know much about Sublime or Paython package) which leads to my second question. Why isnt there a simply installation file to install Mavenmate for Windows? 

• November 19, 2015
hi When I switch on IE10 Debugger, I recieve the following error message>
Is this something to be concerned about? and what would I need to do to further debug this?

The error seems to be from script https://cs20.salesforce.com/jslibrary/1420677020000/sfdc/main.js
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'addEventListener' of undefined or null reference
main.js, line 18 character 88
  • January 20, 2015
I have noticed Spellcheck on IE does not work for the visualforce tag inputtext.

Has anybody experienced this issue and found a workaround or fix?

Thanks

• May 27, 2014
Hi Guys, 

A question to all CSS and MS word experts.

I have used the code from the following conversation ( https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F000000098JrIAI  ) to display header and footer in my word doc.

I now need to restrict the header and footer from being displayed on the first page only, but have it displayed on all other pages.

How can i do this? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• May 21, 2014
I would like to automate the extended mail merge feature.

Is this possible with Apex?
  • February 25, 2014
I would like to automate the extended mail merge feature.

• February 25, 2014

Hi Guys,

I am new to the world of html, CSS and Visualforce.

how can i change the stack order of datepicker and dialogue panels?

• November 01, 2013

Hi, 

I have the following soql query:

List<CampaignMember> cmList =

[

select Id, ContactId, CampaignId from CampaignMember

where ContactId =: ContactId
AND
CampaignId IN (select Id from Campaign where isActive = true AND product__c =:oProduct AND source__c includes (:omailStype))
];

The result i get from the query is null. The issue with the soql above is the nested query:

(select Id from Campaign where isActive = true AND product__c =:oProduct AND source__c includes (:omailStype))

when I remove the 'AND product =: oProduct' it works fine, but when I include this text it stop working. I know 100% that couple of campaigns with the correct product & source value exists. 

Can anybody help where I may going wrong with SOQL query?

Thanks inadvance

• May 22, 2013

I have overridden the account view with my own visualforce page and i am noticing that the sandbox and the production environment handle the same code differently.

For example for the following bit of code in my VF page

<apex:tab style="background-color: #FFFFFF" label="Campaigns" name="Campaigns" id="tabCampaign" rendered="{!account.RecordtypeId == '012200000000RMCAA2'}">
            <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="personCampaignMembers" />
</apex:tab>

In the Full Sandbox (Spring 13) the above code works and I am able to see the Campaign related list for Customer A

In Production I get the following error for the same Customer A: 'PersonCampaignMembers' is not a valid child relationship name for entity customer.

It works in production when i change:

to

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="CampaignMembers" />

But the change then cause the same error in my full sandbox.

Is an issue with Spring 13 release? will they resolve it before it is released?

between the

• January 28, 2013

I am re-designing our Account record using visualforce page and found that i cannot display the Account History using

<apex:relatedListsubject="{!account}"list="Histories"/>

as i get the following error:

'Histories' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Customer '

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance

• December 03, 2012

I have Class which I have created a Testmethod for. In one sandbox my code coverage is 79%. When I test the same class (with the same testmethod) in another sanbox the code coverage drops to 69%.

In my testmethod i do not reference records that alreadty exist in the environment. I create all Standard/Custom recoreds that needed for the test in my testmethod.

When viewing the code to identify the lines that have not been tested, i can clearly see there are lines which have comments highlghted as red and line which have nothing at all also highlighted as red.

I have raised this with Salesforce Support and their response was:

Salesforce Response ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ran the test in both sandboxes and found the difference of code coverage which you are getting is due to the queries like

"rmvcon = [select name, Firstname, Lastname, Salutation, Date_of_Birth__c, EDB_Customer_No__c,
                      OLB_User_Id__c, Disabled_Online_Banking_Date__c, Ex_Member_Of__c,
                      Town_of_Birth__c, Country_of_Birth__c, NationalInsuranceNumber__c,
                      Reason_for_leaving__c, Disabled_Contact__c, AccountId
                      from Contact
                      where id=:RmvId];" and some other conditional statements.

Please check this conditional statements and queries to find the difference in code coverage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont understand the response.

Can anybody help?

• December 03, 2012

Hi,

I am a bit of amature with regards to Visualforce page. I do know enough to create a simply form and contruct a controller. 

My question is how do I nest a visualforce page within a visualforce page?

Thanks in advance

• September 26, 2012

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody can help me sort a wrapper class by Date.

I have data from three object going into a list variable. How do i then sort the list by date (decending)?

public class history
{
     public String  title   {get; set;}
     public String  Description   {get; set;}
     public String  primaryAccount  {get; set;}
     public datetime createdDated   {get; set;}
     public string  modifiedBy  {get; set;}
     public String  createdBy  {get; set;}
     public String  HistoryType  {get; set;}
     public String  Status   {get; set;}
     public integer  num   {get; set;} 
}

Thanks

• September 04, 2012

Hi,

I have a visualforce page which renders as a PDF. When i use the 'pre' tag in my pageblocktable. The table expands off the page. How do i stop this?

this is my pageblock table code.

<apex:outputPanelid="History">

<apex:pageBlocktitle="Credit Case History">

<apex:pageBlockTablestyle="text-align :center" value="{!mhistroy}"var="his"border="1"width="300px">

<apex:columnheaderValue="Title"value="{!his.Title}"width="20%"/>

<apex:columnheaderValue="Description"width="40%">

<divstyle="font-family : Verdana;text-align : left">

<pre>

<apex:outputtextescape="false"value="{!his.Description}"/>

</pre>

</div>

</apex:column>

<apex:columnheaderValue="Status"style="text-align :center" value="{!his.status}"width="10%"/>

<apex:columnheaderValue="Created Date"value="{!his.createdDate}"width="15%"/>

<apex:columnheaderValue="Last Modified By"style="text-align :center" value="{!his.createdby}"width="15%"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>

</apex:outputPanel>

• August 31, 2012

I would like my table to start on Page two on my visualforce page which is rendered as a PDF.

What is the code for Page Break?

• August 13, 2012

Hi,

I have the following data in Long textarea field:

***Customer's Financial Summary as of 10/08/2012 ***

--Total Balances--
Net Balance:____ GBP 323,183
Total Credit Balances:____ GBP 76,627
Total Debit Balances:____ GBP 246,556

--Product Balances--
Credit Balance:____ GBP 312
Term Loans:____ GBP 12,321

--Interest and Charges(12 Month)--
Charge Income:____ GBP 312
Debit Interest:____ GBP 123
FX Income:____ GBP 234
Credit Interest:____ GBP 432

But when i reference this data in my visualforce PDF, the format changes to this:

***Customer's Financial Summary as of 10/08/2012 *** --Total Balances-- Net Balance:____ GBP 323,183 Total Credit Balances:____ GBP 76,627 Total

Debit Balances:____ GBP 246,556 --Product Balances-- Credit Balance:____ GBP 312 Term Loans:____ GBP 12,321 --Interest and Charges(12 Month)--

Charge Income:____ GBP 312 Debit Interest:____ GBP 123 FX Income:____ GBP 234 Credit Interest:____ GBP 432

It loses all the carriage return. How do i fix this formating issue?

Thanks in-advance

• August 10, 2012

Has anybody used apex coding to convert from Business Account recordtype to Person Account recordtype? If so what issue did you encounter?

• July 04, 2012

Last few days we have noticed that our Apex Jobs have been running really slow.

Salesforce seems to be processing the Apex jobs at the rate of 4/5 per hour.

Yesterday we had 40 job queued since 4pm (GMT) and they didnt all clear until 7:30pm (GMT).

Anybody else experiencing the same problem?

• May 30, 2012
Visual force page goes blank when i answer the first question on my page. It does not render the next panel. This only happens when showHeader="false" sidebar="false" has anybody come across this problem?
  • April 27, 2012

I would like to render a PageBlockSectionItem based on the previous question. When I encapsulate the PageBlocksectionItem within outputpanel tags, it is not displayed in the way I would like it when I DONT have the PageBlockSectionItem encapsulated in the outputpanel tags.

The below code is displayed fine.

<apex:PageBlocksectionitem>

<apex:outputLabel value="Security Value"/>

<apex:panelgrid columns="1">

<apex:outputText value="{!v_opp.Security_value__c}" rendered="false"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!v_opp.Security_value__c}" id="Security_value__c" />  

</apex:panelgrid>

</apex:PageBlocksectionitem>

The when i encapsulate the code within Outputpanel. the field is not displayed as it should.

<apex:outputPanelid="SecurityValue"rendered="{!AND(v_opp.Type_of_Security__c == 'Other')}">

<apex:PageBlocksectionitem>

<apex:outputLabel value="Security Value"/>

<apex:panelgrid columns="1">

<apex:outputText value="{!v_opp.Security_value__c}" rendered="false"/>

<apex:inputField value="{!v_opp.Security_value__c}" id="Security_value__c" />  

</apex:panelgrid>

</apex:PageBlocksectionitem>

what I am doing wrong?

• March 27, 2012
I would like to automate the extended mail merge feature.

• February 25, 2014
I would like to automate the extended mail merge feature.

• February 25, 2014
hello, i'm trying to open a new visualforce from a button and it works, the problem is that i need to open it in a new window, not in te same page, is it possible to do that?
first i was doing this:
<button id="vpre" hidden="hidden" type="button" onClick="window.open('/apex/vistaauth?ida='{!res},'Vista Previa','width=700,height=650');">V. Previa</button>
and it work very well but i cant pass values from the controller to the new vf

now i can pass them but i cant set the new page in a new window or customize the size
public PageReference abrir()
{   
       PageReference pageRef= new PageReference('/apex/vistaauth');
       pageRef.getParameters().put('tp', tipoo);
       pageRef.setRedirect(true);        
       return pageRef;           
   }

When trying to call an APEX class from any flow in my DE org I get an error message:

A fault occurred while executing your script:
Data Not Available: The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our support page.

I'm actually getting the error whenever a flow is trying to invoke APEX, even when I use an example that was posted on a salesforce.com blog. Does nybody have any ideas?

Hi Guys,

I am new to the world of html, CSS and Visualforce.

how can i change the stack order of datepicker and dialogue panels?

• November 01, 2013

Hi, 

I have the following soql query:

List<CampaignMember> cmList =

[

select Id, ContactId, CampaignId from CampaignMember

where ContactId =: ContactId
AND
CampaignId IN (select Id from Campaign where isActive = true AND product__c =:oProduct AND source__c includes (:omailStype))
];

The result i get from the query is null. The issue with the soql above is the nested query:

(select Id from Campaign where isActive = true AND product__c =:oProduct AND source__c includes (:omailStype))

when I remove the 'AND product =: oProduct' it works fine, but when I include this text it stop working. I know 100% that couple of campaigns with the correct product & source value exists. 

Can anybody help where I may going wrong with SOQL query?

Thanks inadvance

• May 22, 2013

I have overridden the account view with my own visualforce page and i am noticing that the sandbox and the production environment handle the same code differently.

For example for the following bit of code in my VF page

<apex:tab style="background-color: #FFFFFF" label="Campaigns" name="Campaigns" id="tabCampaign" rendered="{!account.RecordtypeId == '012200000000RMCAA2'}">
</apex:tab>

In the Full Sandbox (Spring 13) the above code works and I am able to see the Campaign related list for Customer A

In Production I get the following error for the same Customer A: 'PersonCampaignMembers' is not a valid child relationship name for entity customer.

It works in production when i change:

to

<apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="CampaignMembers" />

But the change then cause the same error in my full sandbox.

Is an issue with Spring 13 release? will they resolve it before it is released?

between the

• January 28, 2013

Hi,

I have a inline visualforce page on an object detail page.

I want to have a Button on the object detail page  which will dowload this page.

Anybody know how to do this?

• January 28, 2013

I have Class which I have created a Testmethod for. In one sandbox my code coverage is 79%. When I test the same class (with the same testmethod) in another sanbox the code coverage drops to 69%.

In my testmethod i do not reference records that alreadty exist in the environment. I create all Standard/Custom recoreds that needed for the test in my testmethod.

When viewing the code to identify the lines that have not been tested, i can clearly see there are lines which have comments highlghted as red and line which have nothing at all also highlighted as red.

I have raised this with Salesforce Support and their response was:

Salesforce Response ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ran the test in both sandboxes and found the difference of code coverage which you are getting is due to the queries like

"rmvcon = [select name, Firstname, Lastname, Salutation, Date_of_Birth__c, EDB_Customer_No__c,
                      OLB_User_Id__c, Disabled_Online_Banking_Date__c, Ex_Member_Of__c,
                      Town_of_Birth__c, Country_of_Birth__c, NationalInsuranceNumber__c,
                      Reason_for_leaving__c, Disabled_Contact__c, AccountId
                      from Contact
                      where id=:RmvId];" and some other conditional statements.

Please check this conditional statements and queries to find the difference in code coverage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont understand the response.

Can anybody help?

• December 03, 2012

Hi,

I am a bit of amature with regards to Visualforce page. I do know enough to create a simply form and contruct a controller. 

My question is how do I nest a visualforce page within a visualforce page?

Thanks in advance

• September 26, 2012

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody can help me sort a wrapper class by Date.

I have data from three object going into a list variable. How do i then sort the list by date (decending)?

public class history
{
     public String  title   {get; set;}
     public String  Description   {get; set;}
     public String  primaryAccount  {get; set;}
     public datetime createdDated   {get; set;}
     public string  modifiedBy  {get; set;}
     public String  createdBy  {get; set;}
     public String  HistoryType  {get; set;}
     public String  Status   {get; set;}
     public integer  num   {get; set;} 
}

Thanks

• September 04, 2012

Hi,

I have a visualforce page which renders as a PDF. When i use the 'pre' tag in my pageblocktable. The table expands off the page. How do i stop this?

this is my pageblock table code.

<apex:outputPanelid="History">

<apex:pageBlocktitle="Credit Case History">

<apex:pageBlockTablestyle="text-align :center" value="{!mhistroy}"var="his"border="1"width="300px">

<apex:columnheaderValue="Title"value="{!his.Title}"width="20%"/>

<apex:columnheaderValue="Description"width="40%">

<divstyle="font-family : Verdana;text-align : left">

<pre>

<apex:outputtextescape="false"value="{!his.Description}"/>

</pre>

</div>

</apex:column>

<apex:columnheaderValue="Status"style="text-align :center" value="{!his.status}"width="10%"/>

<apex:columnheaderValue="Created Date"value="{!his.createdDate}"width="15%"/>

<apex:columnheaderValue="Last Modified By"style="text-align :center" value="{!his.createdby}"width="15%"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlock>

• August 31, 2012

I would like my table to start on Page two on my visualforce page which is rendered as a PDF.

What is the code for Page Break?

• August 13, 2012

Hi,

I have the following data in Long textarea field:

***Customer's Financial Summary as of 10/08/2012 ***

--Total Balances--
Net Balance:____ GBP 323,183
Total Credit Balances:____ GBP 76,627
Total Debit Balances:____ GBP 246,556

--Product Balances--
Credit Balance:____ GBP 312
Term Loans:____ GBP 12,321

--Interest and Charges(12 Month)--
Charge Income:____ GBP 312
Debit Interest:____ GBP 123
FX Income:____ GBP 234
Credit Interest:____ GBP 432

But when i reference this data in my visualforce PDF, the format changes to this:

***Customer's Financial Summary as of 10/08/2012 *** --Total Balances-- Net Balance:____ GBP 323,183 Total Credit Balances:____ GBP 76,627 Total

Debit Balances:____ GBP 246,556 --Product Balances-- Credit Balance:____ GBP 312 Term Loans:____ GBP 12,321 --Interest and Charges(12 Month)--

Charge Income:____ GBP 312 Debit Interest:____ GBP 123 FX Income:____ GBP 234 Credit Interest:____ GBP 432

It loses all the carriage return. How do i fix this formating issue?

Thanks in-advance

• August 10, 2012
Visual force page goes blank when i answer the first question on my page. It does not render the next panel. This only happens when showHeader="false" sidebar="false" has anybody come across this problem?
  • April 27, 2012

Hi 

I am facing an issue with VF to word doc conversion , header is being disaplyed twice on the first page, and header is displayed only once in the remaining all pages.

Thanks

Prajnith

HI,

I'm new to Apex Code and would like help to create a trigger that converts text within a field to Title Case.

For example: 12 NEW STREET  converted to 12 New Street.

Can anyone help

Thanks in advance

• June 07, 2010