• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

When I am opening the System Log (or Developer Console) in Sandbox and I am getting this error message:

Error: Open request failed

Requested entity 07LT000000DMX7L was not found.

~NK

• October 07, 2011

I have to say, in many ways I miss the old debugger where you just entered ad-hoc apex and got back flat text in the page with the whole log.

I don't know if it's only in FireFox but I've found the summer '12 dev console horrendously slow, virtually to the point of unusability.

The window for the log is so small it's virtually worthless.  And if you do find something you are looking for, you can't cut-and-paste from it.

Even the raw log isn't much help.  It's clearly truncated.  I put on debug monitoring in another window and look at the log there and there are additional lines with the rest of my output that do not show up in Raw Log.  They should up in regular log in the dev console but the windows is so small an narrow it's almost impossible to make anything out.  At least horizonal scrolling would help but it's not in that window.

I've taken to using the Dev Console to lauch ad-hoc apex and just look at the logs in the the debug monitor.

With the old simple plain dummy web page, I could run some ad-hoc apex, get the log back as PLAIN TEXT.  Hit ctrl-F in my browser and find my debug prints in a second.  I could easily cut-and-paste a section of the log to an email to send it to another developer.  Now, I use Debug Monitoring for all that.

Sometimes more complex isn't better unless it's  fast and you can still get to the simple way of doing things.

Okay, that was sort of a rant but I really think for simple debugging it's step backwards.  There's times when you are much better served with dime-store magnifying glass than an electron microscope.

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

When I am opening the System Log (or Developer Console) in Sandbox and I am getting this error message:

Error: Open request failed

Requested entity 07LT000000DMX7L was not found.

~NK

• October 07, 2011

I hope this is the correct place to post this, as I can't seem to get any response from support on this.  I've joined the new system log console pilot, but I can't get any data in it at all.  I'm using Firefox and what happens is that the log gets an Unread entry, when I click on the entry, either nothing at all happens (none of the panes are populated) or I then get an error:

it says "Salesforce System Error" and shows the code
221574575-9535
(-1278617611)

Not the best start to a pilot...

Has anyone got this working?