• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Dear team, As per my information these are available for all the editions. Please confirm on this, if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Amit

I have 50 dashboards each with 10 components. Each dashboard analyses a particular territory. At the moment I  need to only maintain 10 reports to drive all 50 dashboards because there is a 1 to 1 correspondence between territory and user so I can set each dashboard to the appropriate running user and use the My records filter in the report. In future however it may be that every territory does not have an associated user so I would be faced with maintaining 500 reports. I was just wondering if anyone can think of a way of passing a value from the dashboard to the report so that it can filter on the appropriate territory. Or any other solution that has the same effect.  

Hi,

Is there a possibility to create custom objects in a quick way or automatically?

background:
once a month, we have about 20 - 30 accounts for those we have to create a certain custom object. It is tedious to klick at an account, open in a new browser tab, click on new custom object and then on save.

-->>> Is there a way to automatically create a new custom object if one field in the account has a certain value?

Thank you
Sabine

How can I SUM data returned in a pageBlock, or do I need to use another method to do so?  I am trying to create a Billing Report, returning Project data and N line items for Time & Expense, and I need to summarize the Time and Expense sections, then add those subtotals together.  

Any approach advice is appreciated as I am brand new to VisualForce.

Hi..

Can we parameterized the reports that we created.

If yes then how can we achieve that. 

Please post me if you have any other alternate solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh.

Hi everyone,

I am new to visualforce development environment. I have created a custom object which is use to upload any file. The uploaded  file is store in "My Personal Documents" folder. Now I want to know :

Is there any way to read a .doc/.docx file from "My Personal Documents"  Folder and store the content of that file in a local variable ?.

Plz help me.....................

• June 29, 2010

Hi,

Is it possible to hide the todays date link present adjacent to any Date field in Standard edit layout?

If not possible in Standard edit layout can we remove it in Visualforce page when we use <apex:inputField/> ?

Thanks in advance.

• June 24, 2010

Hi,

I have a stupid question, but it really bothers me. I am confused that whom is the recipient of error email for different components fra salesforce.

For example, I create a trigger and then I will get the error email if something goes wrong with that trigger. Here the creator is the recipient.

But for workflow, sometime the default workflow user got email instead of the creator. So I would like to ask whom receive the error email for workflow? default user or creator?

I hope someone can explain. We have several business area working in the same salesforce org, so it is really important that we set up the right person to get the email.

Thanks in advance.

• June 21, 2010

Hi,
Can someone please help clarify-

Note: Apex Classes exposed as Web services in an authorized managed package are NOT publicly accessible in Group and Professional Edition, even with the special authorization. However, Apex Classes that make Web service callouts to external services will work in Group and Professional Editions.

found in http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Architecting_a_Commercial_Application

and-

You have a separate hosted app that you want to integrate with Salesforce, so you'll need to make API calls to GE/PE customers. By default, this is not possible, but if you've passed the Security Review, you can request a special API Token that allows your SOAP calls to integrate with GE/PE. You will just need to embed the Client ID in the SOAP header of your external code.

found in http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Designing_an_Application_for_Group_and_Professional_Edition

We're trying to build a simple app that uses custom objects and events/triggers found in all Force.Com and Salesforce CRM editions. I want to make sure that passing security review will mean that it will work with all editions.

Can you please help confirm?

Thanks.
Shah

Dear team, As per my information these are available for all the editions. Please confirm on this, if you have any idea.

Thanks,

Amit

I have requirement where account and contact records created by a User in group A should be visible to all users in Group A and records created by any user in group B should be visible to all users in group B.

I changed the org wide defaults in sharing settings to Private for account and left the contact to Controlled by Parent.

Under sharing settings for accoutns and contacts I have 

Group A share with Group A  Read/Write

Group A share with Group A  Read/Write

with the above settings I have Accounts records working as expected, but contact records created by any user are visible to both the groups.

any idea on what I have missed. Thanks in advance

PK

I need to add some logic to the standard CaseView controller (specifically to capture the user IP address), but cannot use a VF page override because this would disable inline editing of the CaseView page.  Is there any way to get a class method to execute without being called from a VF page?

This logic would execute everytime the CaseView standard view was called.  I can't use the standard functionality provided to get the IP Address (e.g. ApexPages.currentPage().getheaders()) from within a trigger because the page context isn't relevant to the bulk processing nature of triggers.

Mike Gordon

aka GordymanLG2