• 5 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are over our static resource limit (overall size limit of 250 MB) and Salesforce is not able to increase it. The static resources are zip files containing sets of html files and related components. They are directly referenced on VF page with the code {!URLFOR($Resource.StaticResourceName, 'index.htm')}. What are my options in SF that could work in place of static resource? Have you tried using documents or files to host the zip? I am looking for actual experience using something other than static resource, code snippets, proof of concept. I am past the brainstorming stage and need to know if this will actually work and what the code looks like. Thanks!

FYI we don't have AWS and the need is rather urgent, so we won't have time to explore an external CMS. I am looking for the quickest and easiest way to get this to work.

We are implementing a partner portal for our client and intend to expose accounts, contacts, cases, and some custom objects. The OOB sharing settings for partner portal users are not sufficient, so we'd like to use apex sharing. Has anyone tried apex sharing for partner portal users to share standard and custom objects? Is it susuccessful? Any experience you could share please?

Thanks!

We have an email-to-case address configured, so if someone emails that address with the case thread ID in the email subject, that email will get attached to the case in the "Emails" related list. Currently SFDC sends an auto email to the case owner when an email response is received, is there any way to disable this? Or would I be able to customize the email template?

I have Flows built using the old desktop Flow Designer.  How do I convert it to use with the new Flow Cloud Designer without having to manually recreate it in the Cloud Designer?

I would like to display the customer portal username for our contacts on the contact page, so a user with no access to the user record can see the username for their contact.  I tried adding a formula field with this field:

Associated_User__r.Username & Associated_User__c

It displayed nothing for an active customer portal contact record. 

SFDC gurus, how would I be able to accomplish this?  Any way through configuration?

Right now our users go through Case -> Close Case -> Save and Create Article to submit new articles.  I'd like to create a custom button or link to allow users to submit articles from a different page.  What is the code that is required for this?

I have a custom object, for which I created an "Object Name" field under standard field.  I initially set this field to allow a maximum of 80 character, only later to realize that this field length is way too short.  I really need to increate that to 120 characters.  But since this is a standard text field for this custom object, I am not able to change the field length.  Is there any way for me to alter that now?

My client is using knowledge base but found many limitations troubling.  Why did SFDC made it this way?  Is there plan to change that?  If so, when?

Here are the areas that trouble us:

1.  Why can we assign only up to 8 categories per category group to one article?  SFDC help says 10, but in our instance the reality is 8 per category group.  This is extremely limiting.

2.  Why are we allowed only 3 category groups?  Due to the 8-category-per-article limitation, we are separating some of the categories into new category group, then the limitation of 3 category group is quite intriging.  What is the rationale behind that?

3.  Is there a way to map different category groups for different article types?  Often times different article types may need completely different categories, it would be nice to be able to have different category groups apply based on article type.

4.  When user creates articles from closed cases, the articles are always assigned to one default article type.  Then once an article is created, the article type cannot be changed.  Why is this?  We have users who are not article managers who need to create more than one article type, this limitation becomes very restricting.

Are there any others who encounter the same issues and are troubled by them?  What are your workarounds?  What are your best practices?

Currently to update Knowledge Base articles, for example, add an article to new categories, you must click into the individual article to make the updates.  Is there a way to mass edit article categories?  A use case would be if a new categories has been created, I'd like to add 200 of the existing articles to this new category, would I be able to use the data loader or any other tool to make such change all at once?  Right now it is quite painful to make updates across a large number of articles.

Hi,
I'm trying to create a process to get rid of all my workflow rules, but I am struggling with the fact that I need to set an ID in order to update a record type.

I am forced to set the record type ID, and I cannot select the Record Type Name, like I used to do with workflows.

Process Builder - Record Type Update

I am mising something? Is there anyway to set the Record Type based on the name and not on the ID?

Thanks in advance, Laura
  • February 18, 2015

Hi

Please answer the fourth question here:

1. Maximum number of Master-Detail realtionships on a Custom Object is : 2

2. Maximum number of Master-Detail realtionships on a Standard Object is : 0
  3. Maximum number of Lookup realtionships on a Custom Object is : 25
  4. Maximum number of Lookup realtionships on a Standard Object is :

Thanks,

Priya.

I would like to display the customer portal username for our contacts on the contact page, so a user with no access to the user record can see the username for their contact.  I tried adding a formula field with this field:

Associated_User__r.Username & Associated_User__c

It displayed nothing for an active customer portal contact record. 

SFDC gurus, how would I be able to accomplish this?  Any way through configuration?

Right now our users go through Case -> Close Case -> Save and Create Article to submit new articles.  I'd like to create a custom button or link to allow users to submit articles from a different page.  What is the code that is required for this?

I have a custom object, for which I created an "Object Name" field under standard field.  I initially set this field to allow a maximum of 80 character, only later to realize that this field length is way too short.  I really need to increate that to 120 characters.  But since this is a standard text field for this custom object, I am not able to change the field length.  Is there any way for me to alter that now?

Hi Folks,

When I try to install the Force.com IDE, I get the following error. I have the latest version of IDE and Java JRE 6 version.

JVM Terminated. ExitCode = -1

Please provide your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!

• November 12, 2010

My client is using knowledge base but found many limitations troubling.  Why did SFDC made it this way?  Is there plan to change that?  If so, when?

Here are the areas that trouble us:

1.  Why can we assign only up to 8 categories per category group to one article?  SFDC help says 10, but in our instance the reality is 8 per category group.  This is extremely limiting.

2.  Why are we allowed only 3 category groups?  Due to the 8-category-per-article limitation, we are separating some of the categories into new category group, then the limitation of 3 category group is quite intriging.  What is the rationale behind that?

3.  Is there a way to map different category groups for different article types?  Often times different article types may need completely different categories, it would be nice to be able to have different category groups apply based on article type.

4.  When user creates articles from closed cases, the articles are always assigned to one default article type.  Then once an article is created, the article type cannot be changed.  Why is this?  We have users who are not article managers who need to create more than one article type, this limitation becomes very restricting.

Are there any others who encounter the same issues and are troubled by them?  What are your workarounds?  What are your best practices?

Hi everyone!

Like many of us, my team has been having some challenges adopting the new Global Search feature. There's lots of great additions to this, but I have some teams that only search Accounts, Contacts, Leads, and Opportunities (Sales). We also have a strong argument for using the old search based on certain features and performance that didn't get carried over to Global Search.

Our Challenge? We want to keep Chatter and Global Search.

Create a Default Saved Search option:

I posted this on this idea: https://sites.secure.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?c=09a30000000D9xtAAC&id=08730000000JRVd

This workaround takes advantage of Internet Explorers ability to create "Custom Search Providers"

You can create a custom search provider to save a default Search Option.

For example this URL searches for "TEST" on Accounts, Cases, and Contacts: https://na5.salesforce.com/_ui/common/search/client/ui/UnifiedSearchResults?sen=001&sen=500&sen=003&str=TEST&cache=gfb6ue46

The key here is the "sen=" this appears to reference the 3 character code for the object. The EASIEST way to do this is to click Search Options, Check which objects you want as a default and then save the Search Results URL. I used "TEST" in this example in order to use this URL for my custom search provider.
Here's the URl for the Custom Search Creation. You can also get there by clicking "Find more providers" in the search box (upper right corner of the browser)
http://www.ieaddons.com/en/createsearch.aspx

Access Old Search without turning off Global

You can access the old search tool using this URL: https://na5.salesforce.com/search/SearchResults

How to use this? Well you could just spread a bookmark around, but what's the fun in that?

You could create a custom search provider using this URL: : https://na5.salesforce.com/search/SearchResults?searchType=1&sen=0&setLast=1&sbstr=TEST&search=+Go

But what's the fun in that:)

I"m currently planning on creating a either a little Javascript page or if I want to get fancy a VF page that references the above search link. I can then place this little page as a left column homepage component. Viola old search and Global search active at the same time!

Why do this?

Here's a list of our reasons:

• Global Search doesn't default to partial word search. You MUST use a wildcard. Old search will automatically do a partial word search. For example: MICH will return completely different accounts in the old search than new search
  • Data overload: Many of our users don't care about all the other objects and records. For instance they don't care if "Paul Lucas" might return in a case comment. They're looking for the contact only. For this group, Global Search returns a bunch of useless data
  • Global Search doesn't sort based on "Best Match" Think of Yahoo & google. If you search for "Paul Lucas" the results at the top will match both "Paul" and "Lucas." With Global search it's in a some order I haven't figured out yet. This means a Case Comment that hits "Lucas" but not Paul will sort above the contact that contains a hit for "Paul" and "Lucas" So what? As an end user having to click that filter list or scroll down is an extra step and it feels like it takes significant more time. Combined the fact that closest matching returns are buried among lots of other records I simply don't care about is frustrating and annoying

Hope this helps everyone!

Hi guys,

I have been working on an app that contains multiple Objects, Clases, Pages, etc. I have eveything on Eclipse IDE and well backed up!

Time to move to a new app but my account has too much stuff going on... I ended up creating a new developer account so I can keep working on the new stuff but I am wondering if there is a way to either close the old account or completely wipe its configuration out such that I can start fresh for the new app.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

• February 10, 2010

Hi,

I am using an email template to notify user when a new user is created, this email is set as the "New User Template" in Portal. Email is working fine, but the username and password details are coming at the bottom of the page. Is there anyway to give username and password at another place. These details are coming by default from salesforce.

Thanks,

Soujanya.