• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Happy Friday everyone!

I am using Clicktools to create a call script when a contact is called.  There are various bits of information that I am capturing and passing into SF.  I also want to create a new task , mark it as "completed" and give it a due date of today's date (Effectively "Log a Call").  The issue I am facing is that in SF, you cannot use a Task due date in a workflow rule or in a formula field.  Has anyone out there faced similar issue and been able to successfully resolve it?

Any advice offered is greatly appreciated.

Thank you ,

Ashleigh

• August 06, 2010

I hope everyone's week is starting off well this Monday morning! 

I need help converting a date from MM/DD/YYY format to YYYY-DD-MM format.  Is there a way this can be accomplished with a formula field?

A little background on why I am asking, I am creating a call script using Clicktools.  The date format required by Clicktools is YYYY-DD-MM but the date format being passed from SF is MM/DD/YYY.  I have tried numerous formulas and they all result in errors.

Please help!  I am banging my head against the wall! This is day 2 of me trying to figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Ashleigh

• August 02, 2010

We have created a custom object called Candidate Tracker and have created workflows to update various fields and create tasks but I am having problems with one field update. I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered as  I am new to Salesforce and do not have much knowledge about writing JavaScript but I have managed to find some (code) out on the discussion boards that has been a great help.  So here is what I am looking for:

In the Candidate Tracker, I have created a button that when clicked opens an email template so we can forward a resume to someone.  The button is called "Submit Resume" and this is what the code looks like:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Candidate_Tracker__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!Candidate_Tracker__c.Id}&p2_lkid={!Candidate_Tracker__c.Manager_NameId__c}&p6= Company Name- Resume&template_id=00X50000001RiCn&p5=');

Now I would like to also add an action that will update a Picklist Value in a field called " Company  Stage" from "Company Received Permission to Submit Resume" to  "Company Submitted  to Client". Can anyone offer me the JavaScript I will need to execute this action?

Please help!

Thanks in advance everyone!

• July 21, 2010

Good morning everyone! 

The company I work for is wanting to use real-time data extracted from SF to display on a large TV screen in our office so everyone has high visibility of where the company stands with regards to meeting sales goals, Gross Margins, etc. We would like to see graphs as well as text depending on the information displayed and we would also like to have the screens rotate through the various graphs and text displays (similar to a slide show if you will).

Has anyone out there found a product that does this well or has anyone developed something that performs these functions?  Any and all feedback is welcomed. 

Thanks!

• July 07, 2010

We have created a custom object called Candidate Tracker and have created workflows to update various fields and create tasks but I am having problems with one field update. I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered as  I am new to Salesforce and do not have much knowledge about writing JavaScript but I have managed to find some (code) out on the discussion boards that has been a great help.  So here is what I am looking for:

In the Candidate Tracker, I have created a button that when clicked opens an email template so we can forward a resume to someone.  The button is called "Submit Resume" and this is what the code looks like:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Candidate_Tracker__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!Candidate_Tracker__c.Id}&p2_lkid={!Candidate_Tracker__c.Manager_NameId__c}&p6= Company Name- Resume&template_id=00X50000001RiCn&p5=');

Now I would like to also add an action that will update a Picklist Value in a field called " Company  Stage" from "Company Received Permission to Submit Resume" to  "Company Submitted  to Client". Can anyone offer me the JavaScript I will need to execute this action?

Please help!

• July 06, 2010

I have been attempting to use  The Quick Email Button to help me create a button in a custom object that will generate an email.  I have successfully created the email button and the email template, but when I click the email button none of my merge fields are populating in the email.  What am I doing wrong?

Here is the code I have set up:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Candidate_Tracker__c.Id}&template_id=00X50000001Ri74&p5=');

Thank you!

• June 28, 2010

I am new to Salesforce and need help.  We have created a custom object called "Candidate Tracker" and I am trying to figure out a way that we can attach a file (a resume, for instance) to the custom object and then email the file to a related contact field (a field called Manager in the custom object) using a workflow rule.  Does anyone have any advice or ideas of how I should go about accomplishing this?  Is this even possible?

I know how to set up the workflow rule, it's the attachment part I am lost on, please help....

Desparate

• June 28, 2010

Happy Friday everyone!

I am using Clicktools to create a call script when a contact is called.  There are various bits of information that I am capturing and passing into SF.  I also want to create a new task , mark it as "completed" and give it a due date of today's date (Effectively "Log a Call").  The issue I am facing is that in SF, you cannot use a Task due date in a workflow rule or in a formula field.  Has anyone out there faced similar issue and been able to successfully resolve it?

Any advice offered is greatly appreciated.

Thank you ,

Ashleigh

• August 06, 2010

I hope everyone's week is starting off well this Monday morning! 

I need help converting a date from MM/DD/YYY format to YYYY-DD-MM format.  Is there a way this can be accomplished with a formula field?

A little background on why I am asking, I am creating a call script using Clicktools.  The date format required by Clicktools is YYYY-DD-MM but the date format being passed from SF is MM/DD/YYY.  I have tried numerous formulas and they all result in errors.

Please help!  I am banging my head against the wall! This is day 2 of me trying to figure this out.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Ashleigh

• August 02, 2010

Good morning everyone! 

The company I work for is wanting to use real-time data extracted from SF to display on a large TV screen in our office so everyone has high visibility of where the company stands with regards to meeting sales goals, Gross Margins, etc. We would like to see graphs as well as text depending on the information displayed and we would also like to have the screens rotate through the various graphs and text displays (similar to a slide show if you will).

Has anyone out there found a product that does this well or has anyone developed something that performs these functions?  Any and all feedback is welcomed. 

Thanks!

• July 07, 2010

Please help!

• July 06, 2010

I have been attempting to use  The Quick Email Button to help me create a button in a custom object that will generate an email.  I have successfully created the email button and the email template, but when I click the email button none of my merge fields are populating in the email.  What am I doing wrong?

Here is the code I have set up:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Candidate_Tracker__c.Id}&template_id=00X50000001Ri74&p5=');

Thank you!

• June 28, 2010

I am trying to set up validations and workflow actions for a specific case record type. we have internal cases for IT and external cases for customers.

When the record type is equal to "Internal" I want the validation or workflow to trigger. How do I set that up? I know how to create the formula but what field can I use for the record type? I can not find the record type field in the list but only a record type ID. I tried pulling the record type ID but SF syntax treats it as an error.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

• December 07, 2009