• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I am utilising a datatable to display some data, I am using css from an html website that we are transferring.

At the moment the headers and the columns do not align (rather than justified) - see screenshot

User-added image

I know that I will have to create some additional css & insert some styleclasses into the VF page but this really isnt my thing any help greatly appreciated
code as follows:

<apex:dataTable value="{!CourseResults}" var="item" styleClass="table" rowClasses="tr1,tr2">
                        <apex:column headerValue="Date & Start Time">
                            <apex:outputField value="{!item.Start_Date_and_Time__c}" />
                        </apex:column>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Clinician" >
                            <apex:outputLink value="{!$Page.speaker_details}?id={!item.speaker__r.Id}">{!item.speaker__r.name}</apex:outputLink>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Location" >
                            <apex:outputLink value="{!$Page.venue_details}?id={!item.Venue__r.Id}">{!item.Venue__r.name}</apex:outputLink>
                        <apex:column headerValue="Availability">
                            <apex:outputLink value="{!$Page.speaker_details}" style=" color:#FF0033; text-decoration: blink; text-align:centre;">Free of charge, Book Now !</apex:outputLink>                                                 
                    </apex:dataTable>
Hi

I have a whole bunch of contacts that have "Customer Portal User" accounts associated with them.  

I want to 'Mass disable' some of these contacts from the customer portal accounts.  You can do this manually on each contact by hitting 'manage external users' and then 'disable customer user' but want to see if I can create a trigger to do this en mass, any ideas as to the method to do this, can't sem to find reference to this anywhere

thanks
les
Hi

we currently use a sf site, the visualforce is html & css with a little java (I'm not a techie by the way!), we use apex to query retireve, post etc including utilising HVCP Licences to allow cutomers to register & login.  We have a cart & process payments, all native sf.

We need to update the website look and feel as well as add some new functionality.  I'm also not sure that utilising the HVCP Licences is the way forward.  

My question is:  Should we develop an external, non SF site, and query via API or should we continue to host the site within SF?  If you were starting from scratch what would be the best solution?

I appreciate that this may be a question for a SF Integrator but just wanted some ideas

thanks

Hi

I am getting the hang of these but need to bulkify this trigger.  Essentially it takes a course_application and checks to see if the course applicant is a campaign member.  There are a couple of many to many relationships so suspect that I will need to use a map with a list?  If a campaign member exists it updates it, if not create a new one.  Managed to do this by iterating through the course apps and building a list then checking the size of the list.  However, It also doesn't take into account any new course_applications created during the fioring of the trigger.  Any help appreciated

les

List<CampaignMember> cmbadd = new List<CampaignMember>();
       List<CampaignMember> cmbupdate = new List<CampaignMember>();

for(Course_Application__c c:Trigger.new)      	
        {
        List<CampaignMember> cammem =[select id
             from CampaignMember
             where CampaignMember.contactid =:c.Course_Applicant_del__c 
             AND CampaignMember.CampaignId=:c.PullCampaignID__c];

if(cammem.size() == 0)
             	{          
		     		CampaignMember cmb = new CampaignMember(contactId=c.Course_Applicant_del__c, CampaignId=c.PullCampaignID__c, status=c.status__c);
		            cmbadd.add(cmb);

}    
             	Else
             	{
             		 CampaignMember cmbup = cammem[0];
		             cmbup.status=c.status__c;
		             cmbupdate.add(cmbup);

} 

} 

Database.insert(cmbadd);
    	    Database.update(cmbupdate);

Hi

I am trying to use the following code for a bulkified trigger to roll up and update the number of course applications for each course.  I then want to update each course with the aggregate value into the 'numberOfCourseApps' field.  I'm pretty sure that I have the right syntax but get an error - incompatible key type eor Object for MAP.

Is this possible ? If not how can I then take the course ID and update the 'numberOfCourseApps' field

Map<course__c, Integer> coursesToassigntsMap = new Map<course__c, Integer>();
	   set<Id> courseIds = new Set<Id>();
	   for(Course_Application__c a: trigger.new){
		   courseIds.add(a.Id);	   
   		}
	   for (AggregateResult agr :[select count(id) idcount,course_del__c from Course_Application__c where course_del__r.Id in :CourseIds and status__c='Ordered'group by course_del__c])

{
           coursesToassigntsMap.put(agr.get('course_del__c'), integer.valueof(agr.get('idCount')));
		}

Hi

I am pretty new to apex and have had a good few goes at trying to get my head around bulkyfying this trigger.  I know I need to use a map & an aggregateresult loop but just cant seem to get the syntax right.

any help appreciated

{
        Course__c c = [select id, Confirmed_applications__c  from Course__c where Id =:c.id];
        Integer u = [select Count() from Course_Application__c where course_del__r.Id =:crsId and status__c='Ordered'];
        c.Confirmed_applications__c=u;
        update c;
}

thanks

les

Hi

We are using session IDs to track items that a public guest user adds to a cart, am i right in saying that if there are 2 users, on 2 different machines, in the same location that they will have the same session ID.  It certainly seems that way.

thanks

les

Hi

we are running a site and have created some cart functionality, a 'public guest user' can add items to their cart, creates a custom object and updates the number of items in the cart.  this all works fine in our sandbox but once in production we are experienceing problems with response times when, having created a new cart item,  we query how many items are in the cart - it can be in minutes.  There are no issues with permissions, shares etc.  if you log in as a High Vol Cust Portal User the problem goes away.  I'm looking for some advice / tools to be able to monitor how well this performs & to identify what is wrong with the code - having had a look at pother posts i'm sure it may have something to do with referencing static resources ??

thanks in advance

les

Hi

Newbie here! I have the following but can't cover most of the code, any help really appreciated.

public class MyProfilePageController {

private User user;

public boolean error = false;

private boolean isEdit = false;

public User getUser() {

return user;

}

public MyProfilePageController() {

user = [SELECT id, email, firstname, salutation__c            

FROM User

WHERE id = :UserInfo.getUserId()];

if (user.usertype == 'GUEST') {

throw new NoAccessException();

}

}

public Boolean getIsEdit() {

return isEdit;

}   

public void poedit() {

isEdit=true;

}        

public pagereference save() { 

if(user.salutation__c=='None'){

if(error!=TRUE){

ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'The following are required fields:');

ApexPages.addMessage(msg);        

}

ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'Salutation');

error=TRUE;

}

if(user.firstname==''

{

if(error!=TRUE){

ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'The following are required fields:');

}

ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'First Name');

error=TRUE;

}

}

if(error==TRUE){

error=false;

return null;

}

return null;

}     

public void cancel() {

isEdit=false;

user = [SELECT id, email, username, companyName, salutation__c,billing_street__c,Billing_city__c,billing_county__c,billing_postcode__c,Billing_Address_same_as_Mailing__c,communitynickname, timezonesidkey, languagelocalekey, firstname, lastname, phone, title,

street, city, country, postalcode, state, localesidkey, mobilephone, extension, fax, contact.email, Practitioner_Speciality__c

FROM User

} 

static testMethod void testSave() {         

account acc = new account(name='Portal Registration Account');

insert acc;

contact con = new contact (firstname='First',lastname='Test', accountid=acc.id);

insert con;

Profile p = [select id from profile where name='OAWU Feb 11'];

User us = new user(alias = 'standt', email='standarduser@testorg.com', emailencodingkey='UTF-8', lastname='Testing'

languagelocalekey='en_US',localesidkey='en_US', profileid = p.Id, timezonesidkey='America/Los_Angeles', username='standarduser@testorg.com',contactid=con.id, firstname='firstname');

insert us;

System.runAs(us) {

MyProfilePageController controller = new MyProfilePageController();

System.assertEquals(us.Id, controller.getUser().Id, 'Did not successfully load the current user');

System.assert(controller.isEdit == false, 'isEdit should default to false');

controller.poedit();

System.assert(controller.isEdit == true);

controller.cancel();

System.assert(controller.isEdit == false);

controller.getUser().Fax = randFax;

controller.save();

System.assert(controller.Error == false);

controller.getisedit();           

}    

}

}

thanks

Hi

i'm pretty new to dev & need a test script for tbelow, I have covered everything else but this!  

public id appId {get; set;}

public Cart_item__c doRemoveApp() {

Cart_item__c doomedAccts = [

select id, name 

from Cart_item__c 

where id = :AppID]; 

try {   

delete doomedAccts;

} 

catch (DmlException e) { 

// Process exception here  

}

return Null;

}

thanks

hi

I am writing a trigger that updates a customer portal user when the associated contact is updated.  I have the class but only want to run the trigger when the contact has an associated cust portal user - I can't seem to find reference to this at all. y Trigger would be something like

trigger UpdateUserfromContact on Contact (after update) {

Contact c =  Trigger.new[0];

//And only if the contact has a related Customer Portal User associated

UpdatePortalUserfromContact.updateUser(c.Id);

}

thanks

hi

I am writing a trigger that updates a customer portal user when the associated contact is updated.  I have the class but only want to run the trigger when the contact has an associated cust portal user - I can't seem to find reference to this at all. y Trigger would be something like

trigger UpdateUserfromContact on Contact (after update) {

Contact c =  Trigger.new[0];

}

thanks

Hi

I get the following error in Chrome when initially trying to authentiate a user in my portal, this is in my sandbox & not production.

This is probably not the site that you are looking for!
You attempted to reach xxxx.sandbox1.cs7.force.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.cs7.force.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of xxxx.sandbox1.cs7.force.com. You should not proceed.
Am I right in saying that this will not happen when in my production environment, if not whats the fix ?

Hi

When a new user registers on my portal I would like to validate / verify their email address through sending an email to their address and requesting that they click on the link etc  

is this possible with standard sf

thanks

Hi

We have a bunch of contacts that we would like to provide access to our customer portal.  All ready to go but we want to "mass enable" them rather than one at a time

any idea if this can be done and if so how

thanks

les

Hi

I have a site in my sand box http://cpdgateway.sandbox1.cs7.force.com/courselisttestnewcss and am in the process of adding css to re-style the page.  Previously I have had standardstylesheet set to "true" on this page.  I now want to use html and CSS and want to set standardstylesheets to "false".  when I do this a date picker field appears in the left hand, top corner.  When I set to "true" again it disappears - showheader and sidebar are both set to false, it doesn't relate to any of my fields.  Likewise if I add a pageblock the date picker also disappears.

It also only happens in pages that I have recently created - ie api v22, those created with version 20 are fine!!

Hi

I have a site that has been developed using xhtml & css, when I create VF pages I lose a lot of the formatting.  I'm an HTML / CSS beginner but understand that I may need to specify the doctype in the VF page.  My standard html page reads:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
<head>

When I try to replicate this in SF ie:

<apex:page showHeader="false" contentType="application/xhtml+xml">

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

I get:

Error

Error: A DOCTYPE is not allowed in content.

I have looked at other threads relating to this but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.  I have tried  using apex:outputText but get issues with speechmarks etc -

Can anyone help me out with the code ?

Can I use xhtml in a vf page ??

Hi

I have created a cart that is available to unauthenticated users via my site.  It uses session ID to identify cart items.  It works fine.  To 'checkout' users must authenticate, and login as an AWU, this works fine.  

However, once logged in SF issues a new session ID which means that I am unable to tie up the cart items from when they where previously un-authenticated.

Any suggestions as to how I can overcome this:

- I appreciate that I  could ask all public users to authenticate prior to checking out but this doesn't suit workflow but yes they need to authenticate for other reasons.

- can I pass the 'unauthenticated' session ID through the login process

- start again !! ie another suggested way to build a cart that may overcome this problem

thanks

Hi

I have a custom object "Applications" that is linked to contacts.  I want to create a button that I can use on standard SF list pages that adds the related contacts to a campaign (users choice).  Is there some code that I can use that uses the standard sf functionality or do I need to create a vf page & controller 

thanks

Hi

I have a site & customer portal set up.  I have paid out for Overage Authenticated Website User Licences but cannot register users from the portal (though they can login) and can't enable them from the contact screen either.  I get the following error when enabling through the contact screen.  It does create the portal user after this message but suspect that this is why I am unable to create via the portal.

Data Not Available
The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our support page.

Thanks SF for the useful link !

I have had a case open for 3 WEEKS NOW and have not made any progress with support despite requesting, numerous times that it is escalated.

Has anyone else had this problem, particularly with AWUs ?  Site and portal are definitely configured correctly as far as I can tell, the only anomally is that when I set the default licence type to "Overage Authenticated Website" which it accepts, when I save it it appears as "Authenticated Website".  

thanks

Hi

I know this issue has come up before but I can't seem to  find a fix for it this time.

I have a pageblocktable & am trying to set the value item.id into my controller extension.

I  cannot get the id value to pass through to courseId in my controller except when I use an inputText command in place of the commandLink, even so it only works on the last item in the list.

This is the VF code

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Courses" columns="1" showHeader="false" >
                                        <apex:pageBlockTable rules="rows" columns="9" value="{!Object}" var="item" id="thePageBlockTable">
                                            <apex:column headerValue="Availability" width="10%" >
                                                   <apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!save}"/>
                                                   <apex:param name="courseId" value="{item.id}" assignTo="{!courseId}" />
                                        </apex:pageBlockTable>
                                    </apex:pageBlockSection> 

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Courses" columns="1" showHeader="false" >                                        <apex:pageBlockTable rules="rows" columns="9" value="{!Object}" var="item" id="thePageBlockTable"> 

<apex:column headerValue="Availability" width="10%" > 

<apex:commandButton value="Go!" action="{!save}"/>

<apex:param name="courseId" value="{item.id}" assignTo="{!courseId}" /> 

</apex:pageBlockTable>                                  

</apex:pageBlockSection> 

help I'm going crazy

Hi

I have a whole bunch of contacts that have "Customer Portal User" accounts associated with them.  

I want to 'Mass disable' some of these contacts from the customer portal accounts.  You can do this manually on each contact by hitting 'manage external users' and then 'disable customer user' but want to see if I can create a trigger to do this en mass, any ideas as to the method to do this, can't sem to find reference to this anywhere

thanks
les

Hi

I am getting the hang of these but need to bulkify this trigger.  Essentially it takes a course_application and checks to see if the course applicant is a campaign member.  There are a couple of many to many relationships so suspect that I will need to use a map with a list?  If a campaign member exists it updates it, if not create a new one.  Managed to do this by iterating through the course apps and building a list then checking the size of the list.  However, It also doesn't take into account any new course_applications created during the fioring of the trigger.  Any help appreciated

les

List<CampaignMember> cmbadd = new List<CampaignMember>();
       List<CampaignMember> cmbupdate = new List<CampaignMember>();

{
        List<CampaignMember> cammem =[select id
             from CampaignMember
             where CampaignMember.contactid =:c.Course_Applicant_del__c 
             AND CampaignMember.CampaignId=:c.PullCampaignID__c];

if(cammem.size() == 0)
             	{          
		     		CampaignMember cmb = new CampaignMember(contactId=c.Course_Applicant_del__c, CampaignId=c.PullCampaignID__c, status=c.status__c);
		            cmbadd.add(cmb);

}    
             	Else
             	{
             		 CampaignMember cmbup = cammem[0];
		             cmbup.status=c.status__c;
		             cmbupdate.add(cmbup);

} 

} 

Database.insert(cmbadd);
    	    Database.update(cmbupdate);

Hi

I am trying to use the following code for a bulkified trigger to roll up and update the number of course applications for each course.  I then want to update each course with the aggregate value into the 'numberOfCourseApps' field.  I'm pretty sure that I have the right syntax but get an error - incompatible key type eor Object for MAP.

Is this possible ? If not how can I then take the course ID and update the 'numberOfCourseApps' field

Map<course__c, Integer> coursesToassigntsMap = new Map<course__c, Integer>();
	   set<Id> courseIds = new Set<Id>();
	   for(Course_Application__c a: trigger.new){
		   courseIds.add(a.Id);	   
   		}
	   for (AggregateResult agr :[select count(id) idcount,course_del__c from Course_Application__c where course_del__r.Id in :CourseIds and status__c='Ordered'group by course_del__c])

{
           coursesToassigntsMap.put(agr.get('course_del__c'), integer.valueof(agr.get('idCount')));
		}

Hi

I am pretty new to apex and have had a good few goes at trying to get my head around bulkyfying this trigger.  I know I need to use a map & an aggregateresult loop but just cant seem to get the syntax right.

any help appreciated

{
        Course__c c = [select id, Confirmed_applications__c  from Course__c where Id =:c.id];
        Integer u = [select Count() from Course_Application__c where course_del__r.Id =:crsId and status__c='Ordered'];
        c.Confirmed_applications__c=u;
        update c;
}

thanks

les

Hi

We are using session IDs to track items that a public guest user adds to a cart, am i right in saying that if there are 2 users, on 2 different machines, in the same location that they will have the same session ID.  It certainly seems that way.

thanks

les

Hi

we are running a site and have created some cart functionality, a 'public guest user' can add items to their cart, creates a custom object and updates the number of items in the cart.  this all works fine in our sandbox but once in production we are experienceing problems with response times when, having created a new cart item,  we query how many items are in the cart - it can be in minutes.  There are no issues with permissions, shares etc.  if you log in as a High Vol Cust Portal User the problem goes away.  I'm looking for some advice / tools to be able to monitor how well this performs & to identify what is wrong with the code - having had a look at pother posts i'm sure it may have something to do with referencing static resources ??

thanks in advance

les

Hi

Newbie here! I have the following but can't cover most of the code, any help really appreciated.

public class MyProfilePageController {

private User user;

public boolean error = false;

private boolean isEdit = false;

public User getUser() {

return user;

}

public MyProfilePageController() {

user = [SELECT id, email, firstname, salutation__c            

FROM User

if (user.usertype == 'GUEST') {

throw new NoAccessException();

}

}

public Boolean getIsEdit() {

return isEdit;

}   

public void poedit() {

isEdit=true;

}        

public pagereference save() { 

if(user.salutation__c=='None'){

if(error!=TRUE){

}

ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'Salutation');

error=TRUE;

}

if(user.firstname==''

{

if(error!=TRUE){

}

ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'First Name');

error=TRUE;

}

}

if(error==TRUE){

error=false;

return null;

}

return null;

}     

public void cancel() {

isEdit=false;

user = [SELECT id, email, username, companyName, salutation__c,billing_street__c,Billing_city__c,billing_county__c,billing_postcode__c,Billing_Address_same_as_Mailing__c,communitynickname, timezonesidkey, languagelocalekey, firstname, lastname, phone, title,

street, city, country, postalcode, state, localesidkey, mobilephone, extension, fax, contact.email, Practitioner_Speciality__c

FROM User

} 

static testMethod void testSave() {         

account acc = new account(name='Portal Registration Account');

insert acc;

contact con = new contact (firstname='First',lastname='Test', accountid=acc.id);

insert con;

Profile p = [select id from profile where name='OAWU Feb 11'];

User us = new user(alias = 'standt', email='standarduser@testorg.com', emailencodingkey='UTF-8', lastname='Testing'

languagelocalekey='en_US',localesidkey='en_US', profileid = p.Id, timezonesidkey='America/Los_Angeles', username='standarduser@testorg.com',contactid=con.id, firstname='firstname');

insert us;

System.runAs(us) {

MyProfilePageController controller = new MyProfilePageController();

System.assertEquals(us.Id, controller.getUser().Id, 'Did not successfully load the current user');

System.assert(controller.isEdit == false, 'isEdit should default to false');

controller.poedit();

System.assert(controller.isEdit == true);

controller.cancel();

System.assert(controller.isEdit == false);

controller.getUser().Fax = randFax;

controller.save();

System.assert(controller.Error == false);

controller.getisedit();           

}    

}

}

thanks

Hi

i'm pretty new to dev & need a test script for tbelow, I have covered everything else but this!  

public id appId {get; set;}

public Cart_item__c doRemoveApp() {

Cart_item__c doomedAccts = [

select id, name 

from Cart_item__c 

where id = :AppID]; 

try {   

delete doomedAccts;

} 

catch (DmlException e) { 

// Process exception here  

}

return Null;

}

thanks

hi

trigger UpdateUserfromContact on Contact (after update) {

Contact c =  Trigger.new[0];

}

thanks

It requires an input, and it will only return a list of matching records with 1 column, and no option if the records you searched for arent what the user is looking for. Is there some functionality with this that is missing? Documentation - pfft!

Hi

I have a site that has been developed using xhtml & css, when I create VF pages I lose a lot of the formatting.  I'm an HTML / CSS beginner but understand that I may need to specify the doctype in the VF page.  My standard html page reads:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
<head>

When I try to replicate this in SF ie:

<apex:page showHeader="false" contentType="application/xhtml+xml">

I get:

Error

Error: A DOCTYPE is not allowed in content.

I have looked at other threads relating to this but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.  I have tried  using apex:outputText but get issues with speechmarks etc -

Can anyone help me out with the code ?

Can I use xhtml in a vf page ??

Hi,

I displayed all records of an custom object.

when i placed mouse pointer(Mouseover) on a particular record. It need to display that record details as a popup menu.

I wrote a code in visulaforce page to display that particular records.

Please help me out.

Raju.b

Hi

I have created a cart that is available to unauthenticated users via my site.  It uses session ID to identify cart items.  It works fine.  To 'checkout' users must authenticate, and login as an AWU, this works fine.  

However, once logged in SF issues a new session ID which means that I am unable to tie up the cart items from when they where previously un-authenticated.

Any suggestions as to how I can overcome this:

- I appreciate that I  could ask all public users to authenticate prior to checking out but this doesn't suit workflow but yes they need to authenticate for other reasons.

- can I pass the 'unauthenticated' session ID through the login process

- start again !! ie another suggested way to build a cart that may overcome this problem

thanks

Hi

I have a custom object "Applications" that is linked to contacts.  I want to create a button that I can use on standard SF list pages that adds the related contacts to a campaign (users choice).  Is there some code that I can use that uses the standard sf functionality or do I need to create a vf page & controller 

thanks