• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I was thinking of modifying the "New Task" page and "Task Detail" page to give it a sales engineering look and feel.

Is there a way to copy the code from the New Task page so that I can edit the label and then save it as a new page called Sales Engineer proposal request page.

I also need to create a button that will be placed on the opportunity page that lets the owner request a quote proposal which would create a new "sales engineering proposal request" task.

Is there sample code somewhere on how to create a button that calls a new custom page?

Thanks

• April 19, 2011

I was thinking of modifying the "New Task" page and "Task Detail" page to give it a sales engineering look and feel.

Is there a way to copy the code from the New Task page so that I can edit the label and then save it as a new page called Sales Engineer proposal request page.

I also need to create a button that will be placed on the opportunity page that lets the owner request a quote proposal which would create a new "sales engineering proposal request" task.

Is there sample code somewhere on how to create a button that calls a new custom page?

Thanks

• April 19, 2011
Hello.  I have a client who uses Opps but does not need the Close Date field, and he doesn't want to require his users to click on the date link to insert today's date since they have enough required data entry fields as it is.

I've tried using both Workflow rules and Apex to populate the CloseDate field, but it looks like the web page's field validation occurs first and returns a required-field error to the user.

Is there any way to pre-empt the web page field validation?

Thanks
David