• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

i'm looking for an example of a simple for loop that will change the value of a field, taken from a query, from true to false.

thanks,

I have a developed a vf page which has a form in it. And when ever the user does not fill teh reqd fields. the page is getting reloaded. So I added

<apex:pageMessages>

Now I get the error msg displayed on the page top. But this msg is not user understandable. How can I customize this error or just print a neat msg./? I have tried

ApexPages.addmessage(new ApexPages.message(ApexPages.severity.INFO,'Email is required field'));  this in the associated class. But I still the get the same following msg.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ERROR
Error: j_id0:j_id1:j_id52: Validation Error: Value is required.
  • August 20, 2010

Hello,

i'm looking for an example of a simple for loop that will change the value of a field, taken from a query, from true to false.

thanks,

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to display one VF page as an iframe in another VF page. Both the VF pages are sharing the same controller. From first VF page, on a click event I will query some records in the controller and those records should be displayed in the iframe which is the second VF page. So, in the iframe, how can I refer the page? If I refer like {!$page.secondPage}, the controller class variables used in this VF is coming as null. Can anyone tell me how should I refer the second page in the iframe with maintaining the controller class variables?

Thanks,

sorna

• August 27, 2010

Hello!

I'm triing to delete a cookie after a user log out but well, I don't find how to do that. Of course, the cookie is deleted when the browser is closed but if the user log again (and do not close the browser), the cookie is kept, which is not wished.

An alternative would be to store the session Id in the cookie but it appears that the session Id is different  for each page meaning it's not reliable (I thought that the sessionId is the same for the whole "Session" but well, it is not).

Finally, what I'm triing to do: a teaser should be showed on the first page when the user log in. If the user clicks on a button, this teaser is hidden for the whole session. But if the user log out and log in again, this teaser should be showed again! It works as intended if the user closes its browser... but only on this condition unfortunately :(

any idea how to solve that ?

Thank you!!

I have a developed a vf page which has a form in it. And when ever the user does not fill teh reqd fields. the page is getting reloaded. So I added

<apex:pageMessages>

Now I get the error msg displayed on the page top. But this msg is not user understandable. How can I customize this error or just print a neat msg./? I have tried

ApexPages.addmessage(new ApexPages.message(ApexPages.severity.INFO,'Email is required field'));  this in the associated class. But I still the get the same following msg.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

ERROR
Error: j_id0:j_id1:j_id52: Validation Error: Value is required.
  • August 20, 2010

we're trying to use a URL parameter to set the page language, but to also set a cookie so that future loads of the same page, and other pages, will load in the proper language.

has anyone done this yet?  if so, care to share sample code?  we're running into an issue with what is likely order of operations, but I wanted to reach out and see if anyone's done this yet.