• Member since 2010
  • Salesforce Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our company creates Client Visit Reports on a regular basis using SF.  We also maintain a savings percentage specific to the client on the Account record.  We update the savings percentage about once a month with a new value.  When a user creates a new Client Visit Report and selects the related account I would like the savings percentage to automatically populate to the Client Visit Report (which is a custom object).  Once populated I would like the savings percentage value to remain constant in the custom object even thought original value on the Account record might change.  Is this possible in EE?

• August 13, 2010

May I please have advice on loading baseline data? Any tricks, gotcha's, land mines?

We need to build a script to insert a baseline set of data so the Developer Sandboxes can be of some value.

Thanks in advance for input.

• August 12, 2010
Hi Ohana,
We are in process of moving knowledge Articles.
Source HTML files have image references in Base64 code instead of actual file references. SF knowledge import tool is unable to parse Base64,expects image references.
Each HTML file has 15+ image references,with thousands of knowledge articles(HTML files). 
Appreciate solution here: Tool/code which can convert base64 to images and update html with image references or workarounds.
Thanks much in advance
Ajay
Hi Ohana,
We are in process of moving knowledge Articles.
Source HTML files have image references in Base64 code instead of actual file references. SF knowledge import tool is unable to parse Base64,expects image references.
Each HTML file has 15+ image references,with thousands of knowledge articles(HTML files). 
Appreciate solution here: Any tool/code which can convert base64 to images and update html with image references
Hi, Iam trying to create a draft version of published articles using below code. It worked well for handful of records. I hv a scenario to update 3000 records. I receive TOO many DML statement errors.

Any fix here will help.

Used code:

for(FAQ__kav k : [SELECT Id, ArticleNumber, KnowledgeArticleId
                      FROM FAQ__kav
                      WHERE PublishStatus = 'Online'  AND Language = 'en_US']){
         try{
             String onlineK=KBManagement.PublishingService.editOnlineArticle(k.KnowledgeArticleId,false);
        }
     catch(exception e){
         //nothing to do here, draft existed 
     }                                        

}

Hi,

Iam begining to get hands on development.

4 custom fields on object(SalesRep_to_Terr__c)

1.Salesrep__c          : Lookup to User Object.
2.Territory__c           : Lookup to Territory object
3.Active__c              : Checkbox(True/False)         
4.Effective_period__c     : Picklist(Jan/Jul)

Need to create a trigger which would allow only below data.

If ACTIVE

Once a Salesrep(S1) selects a territory(T1), same combination should exist.

Salesrep S1 can never select any other territory.
Territory(T1) should not be associated with any other salesrep.

Can anyone help with code.

Thanks much n advance.

Tried doing it without custom code, could not figure out..Appreciate help.

Hi,

Have anyone used or heard about any web monitoring tools on Force.com

Ex: TeaLeaf, SiteSpect, AB Testing.

Thanks

Ajay

Hi, Iam trying to create a draft version of published articles using below code. It worked well for handful of records. I hv a scenario to update 3000 records. I receive TOO many DML statement errors.

Any fix here will help.

Used code:

for(FAQ__kav k : [SELECT Id, ArticleNumber, KnowledgeArticleId
                      FROM FAQ__kav
                      WHERE PublishStatus = 'Online'  AND Language = 'en_US']){
         try{
             String onlineK=KBManagement.PublishingService.editOnlineArticle(k.KnowledgeArticleId,false);
        }
     catch(exception e){
         //nothing to do here, draft existed 
     }                                        

}

Our company creates Client Visit Reports on a regular basis using SF.  We also maintain a savings percentage specific to the client on the Account record.  We update the savings percentage about once a month with a new value.  When a user creates a new Client Visit Report and selects the related account I would like the savings percentage to automatically populate to the Client Visit Report (which is a custom object).  Once populated I would like the savings percentage value to remain constant in the custom object even thought original value on the Account record might change.  Is this possible in EE?

• August 13, 2010

I recently created a ruby script to login to salesforce and create some objects. It has worked for about a week and all of a sudden the same script will no longer login. It says that I have the wrong name, password, or security token or that I may be locked out.

To verify I have the correct security token, I reset it and put it in the script as [password][security token]. Still fails to login. 

I tried downloaded the wsdl again to see if the endpoint I need changed. It is still the same.

In case of being logged out, I checked and it says a the user will be locked out for 15 minutes. I went to lunch for an hour came back and still failed to login.

I don't know what could be going wrong, does anyone have advice to a solution?

So I have a custom object called Materials that has data for a bunch of materials that go through lab tests. I need a way to add all of the data from the tests that dont have to do with the material to salesforce. However, I want to be able to see all of the tests for a material (some materials have more than one test) on the material record. What is the easiest way to do this? Do I have to make another custom object for the test data and then link it to the materials object?

Please Help!

-Matt

May I please have advice on loading baseline data? Any tricks, gotcha's, land mines?

We need to build a script to insert a baseline set of data so the Developer Sandboxes can be of some value.

Thanks in advance for input.

• August 12, 2010

If I restrict Salesforce Access with a range of IP Addresses; what happen If I try to login with my Blackberry or iPhone at home?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

The picklist field Forcast Category is not available for edit, and I am also not able to edit its value.

I am the admin, and this was done on purpose some time back, and not able to recollect how to undo it??

It is visible and read only is not checked for my profile

Thanks

Mitesh

How do I add a column to the task view (list)?  I can add custom fields in the task itself, but I want certain ones to appear in the list view...

Hi,

Can anyone please help me how to migrate Converted leads from one Box to another.

Or if anyone knows how to convert bulk amount of leads from data loader that is also be helpful for me. 

Thanks,

Nil

Hi, I am trying to migrate the data from one salesforce org to other.

I am having hard time migrating the Leads object. Unconverted leads are moved easily but the I am having hardtime moving the converted leads. When I am trying to insert the converted leads I am getting an error as "Converted Account empty for a converted Lead: Converted Account ID".

Could some one specify the process of migrating converted lead records from one salesforce instance to other.

Thanks in advance

Raj

• August 05, 2009
Iam trying to export data from Oracle to SFDC using Command Line .

Iam finding the below error.

ERROR [testProcess] database.DatabaseContext initConnection (DatabaseContext.java:94) - Database error encountered during connecting for database configuration: queryAccount.  Sql error: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection).
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection)

PLease find the entire error log,process-conf,database-conf as below.

Your help is highly appreciated.

2007-08-29 09:56:40,722 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:382) - The log has been initialized
2007-08-29 09:56:40,722 INFO  [main] process.ProcessConfig getBeanFactory (ProcessConfig.java:78) - Loading process configuration from config file: c:\test\process-conf.xml
2007-08-29 09:56:40,784 INFO  [main] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163) - Loading XML bean definitions from file [c:\test_hms\process-conf.xml]
2007-08-29 09:56:40,816 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (CollectionFactory.java:66) - JDK 1.4+ collections available
2007-08-29 09:56:40,816 INFO  [main] core.CollectionFactory <clinit> (CollectionFactory.java:71) - Commons Collections 3.x available
2007-08-29 09:56:40,878 INFO  [testProcess] controller.Controller initConfig (Controller.java:343) - The controller config has been initialized
2007-08-29 09:56:40,894 INFO  [testProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:102) - Initializing process engine
2007-08-29 09:56:40,894 INFO  [testProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:105) - Loading parameters
2007-08-29 09:56:41,942 INFO  [testProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:116) - Logging in to: https://www.salesforce.com
2007-08-29 09:56:42,741 INFO  [testProcess] dao.DataAccessObjectFactory getDaoInstance (DataAccessObjectFactory.java:51) - Instantiating data access object: queryAccount of type: databaseRead
2007-08-29 09:56:42,741 INFO  [testProcess] xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions (XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:163) - Loading XML bean definitions from file [c:\test_hms\database-conf.xml]
2007-08-29 09:56:42,834 INFO  [testProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:121) - Checking the data access object connection
2007-08-29 09:56:45,354 ERROR [testProcess] database.DatabaseContext initConnection (DatabaseContext.java:94) - Database error encountered during connecting for database configuration: queryAccount.  Sql error: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection).
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:855)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:540)
    at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.initConnection(DatabaseContext.java:87)
    at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.checkConnection(DatabaseContext.java:79)
    at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseReader.checkConnection(DatabaseReader.java:231)
    at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.java:123)
    at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.java:230)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:125)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:162)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:274)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:319)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:344)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:148)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:545)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:37)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:290)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.validateConnectionFactory(BasicDataSource.java:877)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:851)
    ... 6 more
2007-08-29 09:56:45,354 FATAL [testProcess] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:155) - Database error encountered during connecting for database configuration: queryAccount.  Sql error: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection).

process-conf.xml
==========
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>
    <bean id="testProcess" class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner" singleton="false">
        <description>test from database</description>
        <property name="name" value="testProcess"/>
        <property name="configOverrideMap">
            <map>
                <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.username" value="a@gmail.com"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.password" value="xxxx"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
                <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Account"/>
                <entry key="process.operation" value="insert"/>
                <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="C:\testmap.sdl"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="queryAccount"/>
                <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="databaseRead"/>
                </map>
        </property>
    </bean>

database-conf.xml
============
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
<beans>

<bean id="queryAccount"
      class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseConfig"
      singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlConfig" ref="queryAccountSql"/>
    <property name="dataSource" ref="dbDataSource"/>
</bean>

<bean id="dbDataSource"
      class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
      destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@my.server.com:1521:orcl"/>
    <property name="username" value="scott"/>
    <property name="password" value="tiger"/>
</bean>

<bean id="queryAccountSql"
      class="com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.SqlConfig" singleton="true">
    <property name="sqlString">
        <value>
            SELECT c1,c2
            FROM test
            </value>
    </property>
    <property name="columnNames">
        <list>
            <value>c1</value>
            <value>c2</value>
            </list>
    </property>