• -1 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I want to create a UI on SalesForce that will call a web service and retrieve lead object from external website (sugar crm 4.5) Then this UI should allow me to map SFDC lead fields to sugar lead fields and when I call Sugar API my apex should look at mapping that I have created and translate the response into SFDC object. I am not sure how we can save this dynamic mapping and how we can translate the response into SFDC object.

Can you help?

Thank you,

AR

• December 02, 2010

Hi Guys, 

I am trying to use data loader command line uploading the csv data. 

But everytime I got some error message like:

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\jeffrey.lai\AppData\Local\Temp\sdl.log (
Access is denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:294)
at org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.setFile(RollingFileAppender.java
:207)
at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:165)
at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:3
07)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.ja
va:295)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByName(DOMConfigurat
or.java:176)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByReference(DOMConfi
gurator.java:191)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseChildrenOfLoggerElement(DOM
Configurator.java:523)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseCategory(DOMConfigurator.ja
va:436)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parse(DOMConfigurator.java:999)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java
:867)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java
:773)
at org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.selectAndConfigure(OptionCon
verter.java:483)
at org.apache.log4j.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:127)
at org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(Logger.java:117)
at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.<clinit>(ProcessRunne
r.java:82)

From http://files.meetup.com/1589707/Force.com%20Certified%20Developer.pdf, I know this file locate in %TEMP%

But my %TEMP% envirenment variable is C:\Users\TonyG\AppData\Local\Temp.

my config file looks like:

<beans>

<bean class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner" id="BusinessUnits1"
singleton="false">
<property name="name" value="BusinessUnits1" />
<property name="configOverrideMap">
<map>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="true"/>
<entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile"
value="C:\Users\TonyG\Desktop\v8\1.log"/>
<entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://login.salesforce.com" />
<entry key="sfdc.username" value="XXXX@XXXX.com" />
<entry key="sfdc.password" value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" />
<entry key="process.encryptionKeyFile" value="C:\Users\TonyG\Desktop\v8\key.txt" />
<entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="600" />
<entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200" />
<entry key="sfdc.entity" value="xpl__BusinessUnit__c" />
<entry key="process.operation" value="upsert" />
<entry key="sfdc.externalIdField" value="xpl__ExternalID__c" />
<entry key="process.mappingFile" value="C:\Users\TonyG\Desktop\v8\mapping\BusinessUnits.sdl" />
<entry key="dataAccess.name" value="C:\Users\TonyG\Desktop\v8\split\BusinessUnits1.csv" />
<entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvRead" />
<entry key="process.outputSuccess" value="C:\Users\TonyG\Desktop\v8\results\BusinessUnits1_success.csv" />
<entry key="process.outputError" value="C:\Users\TonyG\Desktop\v8\results\BusinessUnits1_error.csv" />
<entry key="process.initialLastRunDate" value="2005-12-01T00:00:00.000-0800" />
</map>
</property>
</bean>

</beans>

The data can be insert into salesforce successfully, but I keep receiving this error message.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm new to salesforce so I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I currently have no previous experience with cloud development.

Currently, my company is running an application as a php-script (with a sprinkle of javascript) with a mysql database on a web hosting service.

I've been asked if it is possible to move this php script and database to salesforce, but I'm having difficulties interpreting the documentation.

1. Is it possible to host a php-script on salesforce.com, or does it need to be hosted externally and just use API-calls to the salesforce database?
  2. Is it possible to import a mysql database into salesforce.com

I would also appreciate if you would point me in the right direction of the documentation.

Thanks!

Tommy

• August 30, 2010

Does salesforce offer out-of the box audit or history tracking for value changes in data fields ?

TIA,

Shvetha

Hi All

We have a user who has access to a queue because of his role as it says (Manager of Queue Member).

We would look like to remove access to this queue for this user, with out removing the role from the queue for which the user is the manager.

Is it possible? I did search the help and discussion forums but couldnt find anything related this.

Any pointers will be great help.

Thanks
Swapna

• August 26, 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to Salesforce and was just wondering what the best approach would be to create the following situation:

We have a daily CSV file containing account information which needs to be imported in Salesforce automatically.

One column of this CSV file contains the account ID's which are similar to the ones in Salesforce so this will be the parent key.

Every record in the file contains a certain value, this value needs to be added up to the value in Salesforce for the specific account and parent account.

There will probably be more logic added to this, but this is the first step.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

• August 18, 2010

Hi,

Validation rules will be applied before data saved to SF DB. This is true when data operations will be done through SF UI. My question is,  Will validation rules be applied when client app importing the data?

Thanks,

• August 18, 2010

I'm trying to do an update in salesforce using Informatica.  The source object has multiple date fields which I'm trying to compare to select records. I get a Malformed Query error when attempting to run the update.

The query statement that informatica generates is below.

SOSQL [Select Discharge_Date__c, Implant_Date__c, Patient__c From Implant__c Where ((((Implant_Date__c > Pts_last_fu_date__c) or (Discharge_Date__c > Pts_last_fu_date__c)) and Patient__c = 'a0630000007ewCc')) LIMIT 10]

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Rick

I am working at a very large client and we are currently required to create a new sandbox each time we are ready for our next release to be tested.  For example we have DEVR1 that needs to be recreated into another sandbox named DEVRTEST1.  We have a developer who is using ANT to push the meta data from one org to another, but numerous elements are being missed such as:

Users

Roles

Some aspects of Profiles

Queues

Groups

Field History Tracking

Lead Field Mapping

Approval Processes

etc.

Needless to say it takes considerable time manually recreate the above items in each new sandbox.  Is there anyway to clone a SBX into a new Sandbox?

How do I create the workflow formula so that my "Amount" field equals my "Received" field in my opportunities?

Thanks!

• August 13, 2010

Hi,

I am new to this salesforce. com.

Please tel me the steps to create a button on contact page (Next to Request update button).

By clicking that button it wil redirect to another one page that contains some fields..

Thanks in advance

Rgds

Jaffer

• July 17, 2010
Is it possible to retrieve list custom settings? Is there an equivalent to getInstance(String dataset_name) in the php toolkit?