• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I am about to use the excel connector for the first time. I have installed the application and i think i am good to go. I have clicked on the sforce table query wizard to sign in. (is this how i sign in with the app?) Think i just need to reset my security token.

I am concerned before i use this that if anything goes wrong is it easy to resort back to a previous version of my SF data? How do i back up my SF data before i use the app to make mass change to my dataset?

Thanks

So I'm having an issue in that our company uses custom fields in the opportunity products and we need these transferred over to the quote line items when making a quote but they system doesn't do that.  Does anyone have the code that salesforce uses to make the quote with line items and I could just tweak that a bit?  Or does anyone have custom visual force code or a trigger that I could tweak that would do the same?

Thanks,

Amanda

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a custom page so that I can add some references for the Opportunity List Item page.  Unfortunately, when I try to Save my edited values nothing changes in the records.  I would like to do this only using a standard controller.  Here's the code I'm using just for this test:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" tabstyle="opportunity">
 <apex:form >
   <apex:pageBlock >
    <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.opportunitylineitems}" var="a">
     <apex:column headerValue="Price">
      <apex:inputField value="{!a.quantity}"/>
     </apex:column>
    </apex:pageBlockTable>
    <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!quicksave}"/>
  </apex:pageBlock>
 </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Is there something I can do to set it up to properly be able to save the modified line item values?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I installed the Excel Connector in Excel 2003 on a user's computer and all appeared to work until I ran my first query. I ran a query on contacts with no filter and it returned just 24 contacts of a total of around 3,500 contacts. The Account query was similar: 45 accounts returned of 300 expected.

1. No Where clause in the Connector.

2. No roles, OWD= all public, profile includes Modify All.

3. User can access all of the records in Salesforce.

4. When I test on my computer (Excel 2007), the same query returns all data.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I was just able to upload the excel connector for Salesforce but when I try to login with my password and security token i keep getting this message:

"Error generated by request:: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner ExceptionCode: 5069.  Can anyone help me with this problem or shed some light?

Thanks so much!

• July 13, 2011

When Inserting Rows with the Connector, the Leads are being assigned to the correct Owners, but the Owners are not receiving their e-mail notifications.

1. I have Trigger Default Lead Assignment Rules on Create enabled in Sforce Connector Options.
  2. I have Assignment Rules properly configured to assign to owners and notify the owners via e-mail.
  3. Leads are inserted beautifully into Salesforce and the owners are being assigned properly, but the owners are not receiving the e-mail notifications.

Any help would be very appreciated.  Thanks!

I have some legacy Excel spreadsheets each of which has very large number of columns, and I'd like to migrate this data to Salesforce. If I use the Setup menu, it will be VERY TIME CONSUMING to create the objects with the required number of fields.

Can Excel Connector create these objects from scratch without any prior-existing object schema in the Salesforce database?

Or is there, perhaps, a  way to do this by combining an Excel Connector operation with direct edits to the Meta Data in Eclipse?

Thanks,

John (pluviosilla@gmail.com)

Looking for the ability to update up to around 10,000 to 15,000 fields at a time.  Will this be possible via the excel connector?

• June 25, 2011

So I have the connector all set up and it's working great.  Problem I'm having is if I forget to add a collumn when I first walk through the wizard I don't l know how to edit the query.  I always have to start from scratch.

Anyone know how to edit a filter and/or add another collumn from the table without starting from scratch?  Thanks!

• May 16, 2011

I tried to log into the excel connector with an old password. I had not been to salesforce.com and tried to login there, when i did i discovered my password had expired and i had to reset it.

So i reset my password and tried to login with the new one plus the security token and I can't login and recieve an error message saying. "error number 5078"

If anyone could help that would be great. I was using the connector fine before my password expired.

I've installed the Office Tool Kit and enabled all macros.  However, when I open the Sforce_connect_for_pe file I receive the error "Cannot run the macro "temp\temporary directory 1 for sforce_connect_616pe.zip\sforce_connect_for_pe.xla'!sfDescribeAndQUery'.  The macro may not be available in theis workbook or all macros may be disabled.

HELP!?!

• April 29, 2011

I am attempting to back up all of our information from SalesForce and am trying to export all of our leads and information. I saw a previous discussion which mentioned that I could simply export from the data management tab in the administrative settings.  However, that options does not seem to exist any longer.  I'd appreciate any advice and also what is the best format for exporting the data a well.

Eric

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Excel-Connector/Exporting-data-from-Salesforce/td-p/46023

• April 13, 2011

Hi

I am about to use the excel connector for the first time. I have installed the application and i think i am good to go. I have clicked on the sforce table query wizard to sign in. (is this how i sign in with the app?) Think i just need to reset my security token.

I am concerned before i use this that if anything goes wrong is it easy to resort back to a previous version of my SF data? How do i back up my SF data before i use the app to make mass change to my dataset?

Thanks

I have added a new record type to a custom object and would like to update all current records with the default record type. I can see the record type when creating a report of the custom object - but the Excel Connect export does not include the record type field. I have added workflow rules for updating the report type. These work correctly. What am I missing? Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

mkn

• March 31, 2011

I have an Excel file exported from a third party tool, with a field called "Policy Number". I created a custom account field in salesforce.com. The file contains text entries of activities entered by salespeople over the years. I want to import those activities into salesforce.com so that they are shown related to the accounts. 

I downloaded the Excel Connector, but I get errors every time I try and log into salesforce.com I get the error: "Error generated by request"INVALID LOGIN:Invalid username, password, security token, or user locked out. Exception code 5078."

Any ideas what is causing this? I have tried getting a new security token several times, and the login information is absolutely correct. Help would be most appreciated. I'll pay someone that helps me fix this.

Hello - I am having problems logging into the Excel Connector the 1st time for Salesforce Professional Edition after installing.

After adding the Excel Connector to my list of add-ons within Excel 2007 and attempting to run the add-on, I receive a Microsoft Visual Basic error message which reads "Can't find project or library."

I am then prompted for a sf_connector Password.  When I enter my Salesforce password (with my security token added to it), I receive a Project Locked error message which reads "Invalid Password".

Can anyone point me in the right direction and let me know how I can get the Excel Connector to work on my machine?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a table of Opportunities (records of client calls) that I would like to upload into our SF database. I have downloaded our contacts/accounts into a csv file to get the Account ID, which I understand is how I link the calls to the accounts. How to I populate my Opportunities worksheet with the Account ID column so the data will match up when I upload back into SalesForce. I'm not as technical as I like to think I am, so please dumb it down! Thanks.

Customer wants to download all Activities (Events) at the end of each month, modify some dates, and then upload them. They would like to do this pragmatically and they are currently on PE, NOT EE. If they get the API add on, would they be able to do this with their current PE using the EE version of Excel Connector?

If not, what would be your recommendation for them? They are trying to avoid the expense of upgrading to EE.

Thanks.

• February 22, 2011