• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I need to display rows of a Salesforce object for data entry (eg product line items).

Each object has numerous fields (more than 20), and there are only a few rows (eg 5).

It would be much more practical my objects as columns in a VisualForce datatable, but that will be very complicated

- 1 or several transient classes to transform the Salesforce model into the displayed model

- 1 custom component for each different "complex" Salesforce type (date, lookup, selection list, etc.), since the VF page will no longer be displaying sObjects

- etc.

Is there a quicker way to benefit from all the standard Salesforce and VisualForce stuff (eg InputField instead of Inputtext) in a view where standard rows are transposed into columns ?

Thanks for any intelligent design ideas,

Rup

I have built a Visualforce page which produces an output in PDF. Everything works ok.

The two main challenges I am facing now ar:

1. Handling multiple pages. For quotes which have 10 lines I need to be able split the document cleanly and include page numbers. Just looking for a few pointers.

2. No matter what I try, I cannot seem to override the default which looks like Times New Roman. I have tried various methods, inline CSS, embedded at the top and using external CSS. Very strange.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,

I am creating a PDF using Visualforce where i show data queried from salesforce object. This data contains text from various different languages like, japanese, korean, chinese etc.

This data gets rendered properly on Visalforce HTML page but does not appears on the PDF version.

Can aybody please advise on this. Thanks.
  • January 07, 2009
Code:
<style type="text/css">
@page {  margin-top: 0%;}
table{ font-family: "TTE19DCA30t00"; font-size:7pt; }
.regText { font-size:7pt;}
.boldText { font-size:7pt; font-weight:bold; }
.titleText { font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold;}
body { font-family: "TTE19DCA30t00"; font-size:7pt; }
.space{ font-size:2pt; }
</style>

<table>
<tr>
<td class="regText" width="15%">{!productA.Quantity}</td>
<td class="regText"><apex:outputField value="{!productA.UnitPrice}" /></td>
</tr> 
</table>

the <apex:outputField > NOT ONLY doesnt take the regText style but it even changes the entire page to Arial font-size:9 for some reason.   Ex: The productA.Quantity turns loses its custom style as well.  

Once I take out outputField, every text on the form goes back to the custom way that I would want.

I was hoping to leverage the currency style form included in outputField to get the right formatting for Product Unit Price.
If there is another way to get the formatting for a currency field such as Unit Price, please let me know then I can avoid this outputField bug.

Thanks.

Visualforce allows us to render the page as a pdf thanks to the renderas attribute of the page tag. However, I have noticed some inconsistancies between the pdf render and the vf page render. The inconsistancy I am most concerned about at the moment is font types. I styled an outputtext tag with "font-family:arial;". This works for the vf page, but not the pdf. I have tried a number of methods to change the font in the pdf version but to no avail.
Any ideas?