• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi All,

I have rich text field and i want to display the that field data in visaul force page.

i used  <apex:outputText style="font-size:11px;" value="{!descr.Description_Language__c}:" escape="false"/> to display the RTF data but still it is displaying the RTF data on UI like '<span><p> this is desc. </p> </Span>' instead of 'this is desc.'

can any one please tell me the resolution , is it possible to do this in visual force/apex or if there are any other workaround which will remove these html tag either by using the java script tag or any other way. 

I have an email template that I built as a visualforce template because I need it to show related list info. ..a functionality not available in text and html templates.  However, end users can't edit these and there is info that needs to change in each one.

So I created a Rich Text area field where users can change the template text on a couple sections.  But when I use the field in my template, the formatted text shows up as a block of text with HTML format tags mixed in. 

Ex.  "EXAMPLE TEXT IN FIELD (please see below)"

Shows up as

"<b><u>EXAMPLE TEXT IN FIELD</ul></b> <font color=red>(please see below)</font>"

Is there anyway to keep the formatted text and have it show up correctly in the Visualforce template?

The formatting in this field is required because it's going to outside clients.  Parts of the field are formatted differently which is why I'm trying to use the Rich Text Area field in the first place.

Please help!!

Hi all, 

i'm trying to use Rich Text Field on a Salesforce site's page with a custom controller. 

I updated both the controller and Visualforce page version at 18.0 :

- the controller, after this save, works correctly 
- but when i try to saving the version of this visualforce page, the error will appear is: 
"Error: Invalid field Description__c for SObject Ospitalita__c" 
(Description__c is the Rich Text Field) 

For your info, if i insert this rich text field in a empty visualforce page, it works correctly. 
But i give the error in my site pages , which have the template tags (apex:composition and apex:insert) . 

Are "this tags" the problem? 

How can i fix it? 
I need apex:composition and apex:insert and i don't want to delete them or substitute with component.

Thanks in advance!! 

We have a custom object that maintains a one-to-one relationship with the Contact object for contacts of a certain RecordType.  For these special contacts, we want to display the related custom object record as another detail section right below the Contact detail section.  We do not want to override the Contact page for all contacts, just for this one record type.  Unfortunately, there is no way to override View/Edit/etc for a specific record type, but Winter '09 does give us the ability to embed a Visualforce page within a page section on a standard page layout.  So, I created a page layout for our special record type and got busy...

Unfortunately, there is no way to make the page section expand to accomodate the contents -- you can give 100% width, but you have to provide a static height in pixels...... but that's another story, and not my current problem.

The problem is that, while the embedded custom detail section displays okay in View mode, when you click the embedded Edit button, another copy of the Salesforce header and sidebar are displayed in the page section, so you now have nested headers and sidebars.  Ah, but you immediately think you can get around this by replacing the custom object's default Edit button with a custom one that turns off the header and sidebar... no dice.  In fact, in this case if you don't turn off the header and sidebar you end up with an additional nest resulting in a total of three headers and sidebars.

Then I tried overriding the custom object's Edit with a simple Visualforce page that turns off the header and sidebar... but the page comes up in View mode unless you populate the <apex: page action="{!edit}"> attribute.  What *this* does is put you in an endless loop of calling the VF page and placing it in Edit mode over and over.

Tried every combination I can think of.  Doesn't play nice.  Does anyone know how to embed a Visualforce page in a page layout section that allows Edit without the extra header and sidebar?

Or even better, is there in fact a way to override View/Edit for a certain record type?  Then I could totally customize my page without all this fixed-height-embedding crap. :-)