• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I click the new note.... it doesnt open up the thing in a new page? what'd i do wrong

Currently we have an integration with Eloqua. Every time a lead or contact does some activity in Eloqua, a completed task gets created in SF. This creates a lot of clutter in our activity history and prevents me from doing any exception reporting of leads that haven't been worked (the last activity is eloqua, not the sales rep). I'd liek to create a custom object to house all the Eloqua activity but since you cannot create a lookup relationship to the mixed lead/contact like you can with tasks. Has anyone found a solution to this? I could create an object with 2 realtionships to both the lead and contact but then our eloqua integration has to be rewritten to parse out the contact/lead ID to the correct field and I would have to rely on workflow rules to remove the lead ID and populate the contact ID when a lead gets converted. It's kind of messy.

I'm trying to put together a quick page for our reps to indicate who should be receiving holdiday cards but when the page comes up all the rows are blank. It's weird because depending on the view filter the table size changes like there is something there but it doesn't display anything. Here is my code.

<apex:page standardController="Contact" recordSetVar="Contacts"
tabStyle="Contact"
sidebar="false">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock >
<apex:pageMessages />
<apex:panelGrid columns="2">
<apex:outputLabel value="View:"/>
<apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1">
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="cons"/>
<apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
</apex:selectList>
</apex:panelGrid>
</apex:pageBlock>
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:commandLink action="{!previous}">Previous</apex:commandlink>
<apex:commandLink action="{!next}">Next</apex:commandlink>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Contacts}" var="con" id="cons" rows="50" >
<apex:column value="{!contact.Account}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Name" >
<apex:outputLink value="https://vfa.my.salesforce.com/{!con}" target="_blank">{!contact.name}
</apex:outputLink>
</apex:column>
<apex:column headerValue="Send Holiday Card">
<apex:inputField value="{!contact.Send_Holiday_Card__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

I'm trying to write a validation rule that requires a bunch of fields to be populated for all opportunties above a custom amount field and at certain stages but it is not working. I don't know if the problem is with the amount field or the field conditions. So all opportunities above 70K and proposal stage or beyond need to have a few date and picklist fields filled in. The picklists have no default so they initialy have the -none- value which I assume comes up as null. Any ideas?

AND(Gross_Amount__c>=70000,
OR(RecordTypeId="Add-on Business",RecordTypeId="New Business"),
OR(ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Proposal"),ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Short List"),ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Award"),ISPICKVAL( StageName , "Closed Won")),
OR(ISNULL(text(Initial_Budget_Approved__c)),ISNULL(Targeted_Deploy_Date__c),ISNULL(text(Compelling_Event__c)),ISNULL(Initial_Discovery__c),ISNULL(text(Met_the_Executive_Sponsor__c)),ISNULL(Demo_Date__c),ISNULL(text(IT_Approved__c)),
ISNULL(text(VFA_has_a_champion__c)),ISNULL(Proposal_Sent_Date__c)))

Currently we have an integration with Eloqua. Every time a lead or contact does some activity in Eloqua, a completed task gets created in SF. This creates a lot of clutter in our activity history and prevents me from doing any exception reporting of leads that haven't been worked (the last activity is eloqua, not the sales rep). I'd liek to create a custom object to house all the Eloqua activity but since you cannot create a lookup relationship to the mixed lead/contact like you can with tasks. Has anyone found a solution to this? I could create an object with 2 realtionships to both the lead and contact but then our eloqua integration has to be rewritten to parse out the contact/lead ID to the correct field and I would have to rely on workflow rules to remove the lead ID and populate the contact ID when a lead gets converted. It's kind of messy.

I'm trying to put together a quick page for our reps to indicate who should be receiving holdiday cards but when the page comes up all the rows are blank. It's weird because depending on the view filter the table size changes like there is something there but it doesn't display anything. Here is my code.

<apex:page standardController="Contact" recordSetVar="Contacts"
tabStyle="Contact"
sidebar="false">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageMessages />
<apex:outputLabel value="View:"/>
<apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1">
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="cons"/>
<apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
</apex:selectList>
<apex:pageBlockButtons >
<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Contacts}" var="con" id="cons" rows="50" >
<apex:column value="{!contact.Account}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Name" >
<apex:outputLink value="https://vfa.my.salesforce.com/{!con}" target="_blank">{!contact.name}
</apex:outputLink>
<apex:column headerValue="Send Holiday Card">
<apex:inputField value="{!contact.Send_Holiday_Card__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

When I click the new note.... it doesnt open up the thing in a new page? what'd i do wrong