• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am new to Apex coding.

I have a piece of code which needs to update records of Standard and custom objects.  When I run the below code it runs without throwing any errors but does not save the data. 

Code: 

ApexPages.StandardSetController setCon =  new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator('select id, name from Account  where id=\'' + RecordID + '\''));

SObject acc = setCon.getRecord();

acc.put('name','testName');

setCon.save();

Help much appreciated.

Thanks,

jack

Hello,

I am new to Apex coding.

I have a piece of code which needs to update records of Standard and custom objects.  When I run the below code it runs without throwing any errors but does not save the data. 

Code: 

ApexPages.StandardSetController setCon =  new ApexPages.StandardSetController(Database.getQueryLocator('select id, name from Account  where id=\'' + RecordID + '\''));

SObject acc = setCon.getRecord();

acc.put('name','testName');

setCon.save();

Help much appreciated.

Thanks,

jack

The StandardSetController APEX class has getFilterId and setFilterId methods. My question is what are these filters and where are they found? How are they used? There is no filter object or any other reference in APEX or VF that I can find.

Mauricio Parra

• September 10, 2009
Hi,

My organization is in need of an super-enhanced-list.
by Enhanced lists I am referring to the Visualforce component. this component has some limitations that render it poorly-fitting for our needs.

below I am describing the requirements I need, beyond those provided by an enhanced list.
please use enhanced lists as your model and starting point for understanding my requirement.

Super Enhanced list requirements:
-- AJAX look and feel
(think of enhanced list as your model)
-- Custom formatting of font size & color
(I'd like to be able to permanently color some columns a certain color)
-- Conditional formatting
(cells with certain values should automatically change color using a pre-determined rule)
-- Easy filtering
(I'd like filter records using a drop down menu with dates. These dates can be obtained using SOQL)
-- More than 15 columns
(15 is the limit for enhanced lists - too little for our needs)
-- relative order of rows
(one must be able to move rows up or down the list, a field may be added with "row number" for this purpose)
-- Inline Editing
-- Keyboard interaction
(arrows & enter key to navigate the grid, as in Excel) - please indicate if you thing this is exceptionally difficult.

The following would be nice to have, but not essential.
-- integrate into Visualforce
-- Search for values in the list

The following are features of Enhanced lists, that are not essential
-- the A,B,C.. at the top of the list

If you would like to submit a proposal, please
-- indicate total cost
-- indicate time estimate to complete the work.
-- indicate cost per hour for future maintenance work in case this is needed.
-- please indicate any further questions you may have
-- send to ben@pro-activerecruitment.co.uk
please add the words "super list" into the subject.
(I intend to reply to each email, unless I'll be overwhelmed with replies)

I assume that you are comfortable working from wherever you live. there will be no face-to-face contact.
I assume you can provide a receipt for your pay.

Thanks so much, looking forward to working with you.
Hi,

I've created a custom controller class for contacts which I need to populate using the listviewoptions of Contact Standard Object.

I want the datatable i've used to display the contacts, using the View Filter sleected by user, and User SHOULD have the facility to create his own views.

help needed.

• November 28, 2008