• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to  display the value chain of the partners  when we run the report . For example we have 4 partners A,B ,C and D . A distributes to B , B distributes to C and so on . When we run the report for D we need to get the value chain (hierarchy) A->B->C->D . But when I tried doing this only the one level of hierarchy (both up and down ) will be displayed .Is there any way to expand this hierarchical structure so that all the partners will be displayed when the report is run ? Help me on this by sharing the code if anyone has tried a similar thing before .. Kindly post classes and Vf pages ..

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on creating a hierarchy of items in VF tag UI.  We have a variable that is return as a list of items.  Each item has an id, and a parent id, as well as some other things.  There are several levels of parents, so for instance, an item with a certain id could be a parent of two other items, but also have a parent of its own.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out an approach to show a hierarchy with this type of data set.

Example data set is this.  For a proof of concept, I did a simple pageBlockTable to ensure my underlying controller was doing what I needed.

http://img227.yfrog.com/img227/5840/testys.png