• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to create a java script variable in visual force that can be used in multiple areas.

For instance if I have multiple page block and java script sections in a VF page, I want to declare a variable once in Java Script and use it in multiple page blocks. Currently I have to declare them multiple times within the individual page block section, I would like to declare it once and use it multiple java script blocks in my page.

How do I declare this?

Thanks

• September 30, 2010

Hi , 
We are located in India. But we have excellent resources for Salesforce and we can give you best quality work at best prices in Industry. 
Our Expertise include: 
· Best Practices 
· Technical Architecture and Solution Design 
· Integration with external applications 
· Develop Proof of Concept 
· Project Management 
. Quote generation
· Apex, Visual force, Sites, Webservices, Salesforce.com API, Data Migration, Custom app development, Application packaging, Customer Portal, Partner Portal, Mobile Application, Adobe Flex, Flash Builder. 
· Customize and personalize Salesforce.com to fit environment's specific needs 
· Creation & implementation of Custom Objects, Custom Apps, Page Layouts, Related Lists, Tabs, Validation Rules, Workflow Rules, Sharing Rules, Outbound/Inbound Messages 
· Force.com sites development 
· Integration using salesforce APIs 
· Data migration and manipulation using Salesforce tools 
· Unit tests code coverage and deployments 
· User training, and Deployment 
Please contact us for more details. 
Warm Regards, 
Charu Kumar 
E-mail: kumar.charu2009@gmail.com 
Skype id: charukumar09  

• March 24, 2011

Hi , 
We are located in India. But we have excellent resources for Salesforce and we can give you best quality work at best prices in Industry. 
Our Expertise include: 
· Best Practices 
· Technical Architecture and Solution Design 
· Integration with external applications 
· Develop Proof of Concept 
· Project Management 
· Apex, Visual force, Sites, Webservices, Salesforce.com API, Data Migration, Custom app development, Application packaging, Customer Portal, Partner Portal, Mobile Application, Adobe Flex, Flash Builder. 
· Customize and personalize Salesforce.com to fit environment's specific needs 
· Creation & implementation of Custom Objects, Custom Apps, Page Layouts, Related Lists, Tabs, Validation Rules, Workflow Rules, Sharing Rules, Outbound/Inbound Messages 
· Force.com sites development 
· Integration using salesforce APIs 
· Data migration and manipulation using Salesforce tools 
· Unit tests code coverage and deployments 
· User training, and Deployment 
Warm Regards, 
Charu Kumar 

• March 23, 2011
Available to take up SalesForce projects..........

We are a Mumbai, India based Salesforce.com Force.com Advanced Developer Team. We have more than 4 years of experience with cloud computing. 
Expertise include:
·  Best Practices
·  Technical Architecture and Solution Design
·  Develop Proof of Concept
·  Project Management
·  Apex, Visual force, Sites, Webservices, Salesforce.com API, Data Migration, Custom app development, Application packaging
·  Customize and personalize Salesforce.com to fit environment's specific needs
·  Creation & implementation of Custom Objects, Custom Apps, Page Layouts, Related Lists, Tabs, Validation Rules, Workflow Rules, Sharing Rules, Outbound/Inbound Messages
·  Force.com sites development
·  Integration using salesforce APIs
·  Data migration and manipulation using Salesforce tools
·  Unit tests code coverage and deployments
·  User training, and Deployment
Assuring you of our best service and delivery.
Warm Regards,
Charu Kumar

• January 27, 2011

This position is for a direct hire/ full time position.  Unfortunately we are not looking for hourly consultants for this position.  The salary and benefits are great and relocation assistance is available. 

Salesforce.com Developer

This position is accountable for developing software solutions for business opportunities.  This position will focus on our Sales, Marketing & R&D functions, and will work with functional personnel to understand the nature of the opportunity, then to develop and implement the appropriate solution. Incumbent will be familiar with software customization/configuration in Salesforce.com.

PRIMARY DUTIES:

Serve as point of first contact for software related questions/requests from the Sales, Marketing and R&D functions.

Develop ad hoc reporting requested by system users.  Expertise required in Salesforce.com, SQL Server procedure maintenance and SQL Server Reporting Services. Serve as primary Salesforce.com administrator.  Tasks include creation of simple reports/views, software (page layout; validation rules; etc), and software development (APEX, Visual Force).  Work with Salesforce.com support to coordinate additional tasks .Evaluate new tools as they become available on the Force.com platform.

Create software on internal IT platform (SQL Server; Reporting Services; Iron Speed; .Net).

Provide limited Help Desk support for the White Marsh site and remote Sales users, Assists the IT department with the installation and/or maintenance of hardware and software as needed.

Performs other duties as assigned, Follows all company safety rules in performing job duties.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:

B. S. degree in Computer Science and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but will consider A.A. degree with equivalent experience. Expertise in, SQL Server, Java, Salesforce.com and Access required.  Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, and Crystal Reports (or similar) preferred.

* Our client will consider providing basic relocation assistance to the successful candidate.

We have several projects taking place over the next 8 weeks and likely more beyond that. We would like to develop long term relationships with freelancers for these projects and new ones as they come up. We are looking for the following:

• 2-3 years of professional experience Salesforce development and configuration.
  • Must have good knowledge and extensive work experience in development & implementation of multiple SFDC projects.
  • A proven functional/technical professional with at least 2 full lifecycle Salesforce.com implementations.
  • Admin-301, Dev-401 Salesforce certifications required.  Dev-501 recommended.
  • Strong programming (Apex, .net, or Java) background with web development experience.
  •  Strong experience with Integrations to other systems - social media & mobile a PLUS.
  • Ability to translate business requirements into Technical Specifications. 
  • Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
  • Plone, Drupal or Joomla would be a plus

We are located in Westchester County, NY and would prefer that some work take place on site, but telecommuting is an option.

Salesforce.com Developers & Administrators

We are looking for Salesforce.com Developers and Administrator for a client in the Atlanta area.

We are looking for some who has SalesForce Configuration  experience.   This person needs to have Visual Force and must be able to build Visual Force pages with Apex.  Good working knowledge of Apex controls and HTML

Additional information is listed below. 

Please contact me at 678-867-3941 or send resumes to kimberlyjohnson@tehnisource.com.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Designs, develops, documents, analyzes, creates or modifies and tests computer systems or programs.
  • Develops prototypes, as required, based on user or system design specifications.
  • Supports production applications including problem solving and debugging of application code.
  • Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications.
  • Stays in close communication with project team in understanding and documenting user requirements.
  • Works closely with contractors as they work on Beazer specific applications.  Ensures that all work done by contractors is understood by an internal team member(s) and well documented.
  • Lead Developers will also:
    • Possess the highest level of technical skills in the technology for an assigned area.
    • Leading programmers and analysts in all new development as well as all maintenance and enhancements to current applications.
    • Mentor the rest of the application development programmers and analysts. 
    • Helps to create and follow a project plan as well as keeping all programmers and analysts with lesser experience on track.
  • Senior Developers will also possess a higher level of technical skills in the technology for an assigned area and may mentor Developers and Developer Associates.
  • Developer Associates may not lead others, create plans or mentor others. 

JOB SPECIFICATIONS:

• Broad knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems, Information Technology Support methodologies, and basic Software Applications
  • Strong desire to mentor and work with programmers of lesser experience (Senior).
  • Strong analytical, communication, and time management skills.
  • Ability to deliver quality systems on time.
  • Ability to work independently.
  • Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
  • 1-2 years (5+ for senior, 8+ for a lead) as a programmer analyst in the technolgy related to the assigned area.

Immediate opening full time administrator developer needed to setup full crm and more

international company with global locations

contact

akaplan@globtek.com

We are ISV partners looking for a developer to build a social networking platform with the following specs:

1) Subscriptions for Force.com paid "superusers" would be automatically tied to billing/deductions via Paypal or some other payment source.

2) Limited access standard users can sign up for Chatter Free accounts via a publicly accessible website so there is no need to internally "create" an account for just anybody. 

Please include portfolio/links to examples of other Force.com development - preferably Chatter.

• January 26, 2011

Hi.

I am a developer myself but I am overloaded so I could use some help. 

This project should be quick , simple, and easy enough for anyone who feels himself comfortable around the Salesforce environment.

The requirments are quite basic. a VF page based on parent object and displaying a table with several child object rows. A PDF ability is required (simple enough using Visualforce PDF ability), ability to email the page aswell from within salesforce.

Later on the ability to bulk generate these pages will be needed.

3 such pages will be required.

Please read the Requirements document. if it is not clear, please don't hesitate to ask me directly.

I have some money set aside for this and am looking to finish this in the next couple of weeks.

Please send me your price quote or thoughts.

Thanks.

Ben

NYC based start-up Solvate is on the hunt for America’s top independent professionals to join our network of freelancers who work remotely with clients across the country. We market members of our Talent Network to companies and industries of all types  and guarantee payment on all work. Our clients are looking for freelancers offering a number of different services from marketing and social media, to engineering and application development, to motion graphics and user interface design. 

Recently we've had a lot of requests for salesforce.com certified adminstrators to work on short and long term projects alike. Our company uses Salesforce as our CRM as well, so also on the lookout for reliable people for internal contracts.

Joining is free and the network is exclusive to ensure that our talent is on the cutting-edge of their industry.

CLICK HERE TO APPLY

Working through Solvate: 
Solvate is a NYC-based start up that’s improving the way America’s freelancers work by formalizing the gig economy. We’re aggregating America’s best freelancers and creating a standardized platform that serves as a safe place for them to transact with clients, connect with each other, and promote their services. We want to help freelancers find work.  And, more importantly, we want to make sure they get paid for the work they do. We’ve made it happen for several hundred freelancers already, and now we’re looking to add to our ranks and expand our support of the freelance community.

There are lots of perks to being Solvate Talent including new client leads, a hassle-free contract and guaranteed payment, free educational webinars, and there's no cost to sign up.

You can check us out and browse our talent at Solvate.com, see what places like The Atlantic are saying about us at our Press Section, and learn more about being in the network at the Talent section. You can also visit our Facebook page to meet our team and read our freelance content.

For more information, or to apply to be Solvate Talent click here.

Hi,. I am trying to replicate the cook book recipe and I still get this error. Here is the script that I copied from the cook book. I tried this on IE and Firefox.

Thanks in advance for your help

*******************************************************************************************************************************

{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/20/connection.js")}
{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/20/apex.js")}

var idsToInsert = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Account)};
var noteTitle = prompt("Please Enter the Note Title");
var noteBody = prompt("Please Enter the Body of the Note");
alert("Record length:" +idsToInsert.length);

if (idsToInsert.length) {

// Making a synchronous call to apex

var result = sforce.apex.execute("mcbangalore.Mass Note Insert", "insertNotes", {iTitle:noteTitle, iBody:noteBody,     iParentIds:idsToInsert});

alert(result[0] + "inserted");

} else if (idsToInsert.length == 0) {

alert("Please select accounts to insert notes");

}

Need a Salesforce Developer to help us integrate our Sale Process into the Lead/Opportunity objects in Salesforce. Similar to a Call Center app, however our team is not on an autodialer, we need visual force pages, like a popup window, to allow our Sales Exec's to quickly track Dials, VM, Call, and time stamp that action, automatically pass the values of that action if necessary, or allow the user to enter the info such as call result or VM Message.

I have a fullcalendar control which pulls data from a json responder. It works just fine in FF, Chrome, and IE as a standalone component in the page. However when I embed the control within a tabpanel the calendar doesn't fire the event to pull in the json data in IE(Chrome and FF render just fine. I have a debug line in the responder and it never kicks off when the page is rendered in IE. The calendar displays just fine, it just doesn't pull the events, if I paste the json response code in it displays just fine.

code:

var j$ = jQuery.noConflict();

j$(document).ready(function() {

var date = new Date();

var d = date.getDate();

var m = date.getMonth();

var y = date.getFullYear(); 

j$('#calendar').fullCalendar({

header: {

left: 'prev,next today',

center: 'title',

right: 'month,agendaWeek,agendaDay'

},

editable: false,

events: "Training_CalendarJsonResponder" ,

});

Thanks

Andrew

Hi,

I am using lead Standard page layout,

Lead record has a Activity History as related List,

Now I  want to insert my visual force page in place of related list , Is it possible??

In Simple words "Overiding related list with custom VF page in Standard page Layout"

Thanks In Advance,

Bala

We are looking for a freelance, independent, salesforce consultant to help us make some changes to our system. If you are located in the NYC area please contact me: rachel@howcast.com

Hello,

I am going to use SF.com primarily as a contact management tool for my Executive/HR Staffing business here in Tokyo, Japan.  I need a webiste that I can host on my SF.com similar to the http://www.salesforce.com/platform/cloud-platform/sites-old.jsp Thomasnet site posted on the Demopage.

Looking for a freelance developer or company to build a simple website just like the Thomasnet page.

Please contact me via email at howard.ichiro7@gmail.com so we can arrange a phonecall, teleconference, or, SKYPE meeting.

Thank you.

Howard Ichiro Lim

Hi

We are looking for a freelance contractor/developer to help us to build a bespoke application within Salesforce Cloud.

Must have excellent knowledge of application, web and database development.

Project is a one off however may turn into an enterprise type solution. Approx requirement is for one month contract.

Please email me on leeali555@gmail.com if you are interested and available along with your credentials and rates.

Thanks

Lee A

• October 30, 2009
We are looking for a freelance SF developer who can help us implement a Product and Price Book application.  Project will require lots of customization, data imports, and linking product catalog to external database.

Hi All,

We're a small start-up and don't have a lot of technical staff - and there's one big SF.com project we want to do - but do not have the technical stuff to pull off in a quality way.

I need a developer who can basically set up a custom program for us.

I can provide more detailed description, but in effect what we want is as follows:
- Customer completes a form which creates a new record in SF (this we can already do!!)
- That action triggers a succession of automated emails, daily - for 30 days or UNTIL the user buys the product (is converted from a lead in SF.com to a Contact.)

- The emails must be personalized (Name fields, etc.) to that individual, and we should be able to test this thing in advance to make sure it works.

Anyone out there up for assisting with this project? We have budget and a schedule which I am happy to discuss with qualified developers.

I will need some sort of references. Hope you understand!!

Thanks,

--CHJones

Edit: 2010-May-24  - This position has now been filled.

My prior post was cutoff, so here is complete one:

I've been live with Group Edition for 6+ months.  I've got the basics but can no longer Admin.  I need an individual/guru
(not a consulting firm) who will help me:

1) Understand my business and suggest how I can best use all of SF functionality.  In other words, once I explain what
I do, I want you to tell me how my application should be setup, regardless of how it is currently setup.
2) Update/tweak my live application to meet my needs, including:
- Do whatever is agreed from #1
- Better Customize layouts & fields, better use of Tabs, etc
- Write basic workflow rules or create workarounds
- Create useful reports based on my specs
3) Provide ongoing but minimal support (few hrs/month). 

My primary use of SF is as a very sophisticated online Rolodex.  I don’t track leads from websites or sales pipelines,
or even opportunities.  I do save a large amount of information about each contact and need help better organizing, tracking
and reporting on such. 

I speak "sales" not "SF"...  in other words, you need to communicate with me in English, not in Salesforce-ese, which
means, I don't care how it's done, so long as it works :-)

Finally, if your resume/website, says you: "consult to numerous F500s" or "provide training to sales forces of all sizes"...
this is probably not right for you.   I’ve hired dozens of freelancers over 20+ years: I have a very good idea of both: how
complicated my requirements are (not very) and how long they should take to implement (not much.)  This will never amount
to enough to pay your mortgage, but at the same time: my needs are not demanding and my turnaround time is quite
reasonable.  I'm looking for the guy/gal who is smart, already has a full-time job/gigs and who is just looking to pick-up a
little additional work. 

Please reply with
- Experience and/or URL to website
- Hourly rate, minimum and anything else I need to know about your fees
- Contact info

Thanks!
Maurey

We are looking for a consultant to help us build a custom app in sforce. The ideal candidate will have experience with:
sfroce API
the new Ajax toolkit
s-control development
Javascript
HTML
  • November 10, 2005