• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi guys,

We have a requirement where business users want to have history tracking for custom settings. From my knowledge it cannot be done. But just want to know if anyone has a workaround for this.

Thanks,

Sorna

• November 01, 2012

Happy (nearly) New year!   Please can you help as am stumped on this one...

I am getting inconsistent behaviour between Eclipse and Salesforce when executing a web service callout.

I have hand coded the callout with a HTTP Request (rather than use WSDL2Apex).  The callout works perfectly in Eclispe execute anonymous but fails in the Salesforce app with error:

Unsupported encoding: "utf-8"

It also works fine from a standalone SOAP generator like SOAP UI.  Could it be related to the user I am running it as in SF?  Or could it be the encoding genuinely is not supported (I think it is since I have consumed other web services with UTF-8 before from the same org)

I know that most orgs by default having encoding set to UTF-8 ( the documentation says: "If your organization logs into ssl.salesforce.com, then your encoding is ISO-8859-1. All other instances use UTF-8. " - I am logging on to a developer account which is not ssl.salesforce.com).

However I do not know how to check this setting from within Salesforce (without writing some external Java or C++ and using describeGlobal()

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get to the bottom of what this error is? Or how to check my org encoding setting from within Salesforce?

The web service is running on Glassfish if that helps at all (although I have limited knowledge / access to it).

Thanks in advance,

Demi

• December 31, 2010

I keep getting this error when I try to validate a deployment. The classes in question are not schedule classes or related to scheduling in any way. Once is a controller for a VF page, then tests for that controller, and a utility class with some static methods.

I have a completely seperate and unrelated scheduled job but it was not running when I got this error.

BUILD FAILED
C:\Documents and Settings\venable\Desktop\deploy\build.xml:7: Failures:
classes/configAddProductsVF.cls(1,8):Schedulable class has jobs pending or in progress
classes/configAddProductsVFTEST.cls(1,8):Schedulable class has jobs pending or in progress
classes/utility.cls(1,8):Schedulable class has jobs pending or in progress

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Jason

• December 22, 2009