• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

My team has noticed an intermittent issue with selection of custom apps from the app menu. It appears that sometimes when the user selects our custoim app from the menu, the tab row belongs to another SF app, such as Sales, but our VF markup shows up on one of the sales tabs. Furthermore, the app menu says the Sales app is selected.The symptom appears for a few hours or a day, and then everythiung starts working properly again after that.

For example, last night our dev was making changes to the Setup tab for our app. He made the changes and tested everything. The app in the app menu was correct and the tabs were correct. Finally he submitted the package.

This morning, I installed the package and noticed that app selectino was broken in our demo org. So I logged into our dev org and app selection was broken there too.

I asked the other dev to log in to our dev org and we both confirmed that our custom app was the current app and the tabs were correct. He then switched to the Sales app and back to the custom app. Now the tabs are for the Sales app and Sales shows up in the app menu.

We are both running as admin in both the dev org and the demo org and are seeing this broken behavior across both environments.

Are we just crazy, or is something broken on the Salesforce side today?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

I want to give customers the ability to customize our application somewhat using Apex. We will be distributing the app as a managed package and from what I know, the apex code will be obfuscated, so the customer will not have access to the source code.

I know Apex doesn't have reflection or late-binding, so this makes my job a bit tougher. Is there a way to create a class factory in the app that can reference a class written by the customer?

Is there another way to achieve similar results?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

I have a consumer app communicating with an Apex I developed. The consumer has done the OAuth dance and received an access token. I can post to chatter just fine. It worked quite well.

A few minutes ago, I went into Salesforce and revoked the token. Then I went back into my consumer app and clicked the button to post to chatter, which should have taken me to the SF login page and then to the authorize page. But to my amazement, I was taken to my message page, and I successfully posted the message to Chatter. Wondering if the access token was cached, I made sure I was logged out of Salesforce and tried again. So now I have tried it multiple times over about a half hour and I can still call my Apex app and post to Chatter, even though I don't have an access token assigned in Ssalesforce.

Also, I noticed that about once a day, Salesforce tells me I have an invalid session ID. I'm passing the access token as the session ID and it works great until the next morning. I thought access tokens weren't supposed to expire. Did I implement something wrong, or is there a bug?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

I've been really struggling to get  OAuth 1.0 working with Salesforce so I've resorted to trying OAuth 2.0. I've followed the directions and even worked through some bugs and now Salesforce tells me that I am passing an invalid grant type. However I'm passing "access_token" as the value. I'm starting to believe that something is amiss with OAuth, or that it's not enabled for my org. Is there a way to tell? Do you only get OAuth 2.0 with REST?

Thanks for any help. I'm really stuck at this point.

Steve

Hi,

I've been pulling my hair out on this issue. I've followed the docs and I still cannot exchange a request token for an access token. I receive a 1711 "Invalid Verifier" error. And just to keep things interesting, this message comes back to me intermittently in Japanese!

So I set a bunch of breakpoints, etc, and captured data and the verifier that I checked on the callback URL is identical to the one I am passing back to SF to exchange the token.

Has anyone had the same experience, or does anyone have this piece of the dance working and is willing to share?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

I want to give customers the ability to customize our application somewhat using Apex. We will be distributing the app as a managed package and from what I know, the apex code will be obfuscated, so the customer will not have access to the source code.

I know Apex doesn't have reflection or late-binding, so this makes my job a bit tougher. Is there a way to create a class factory in the app that can reference a class written by the customer?

Is there another way to achieve similar results?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this.

I have a consumer app communicating with an Apex I developed. The consumer has done the OAuth dance and received an access token. I can post to chatter just fine. It worked quite well.

A few minutes ago, I went into Salesforce and revoked the token. Then I went back into my consumer app and clicked the button to post to chatter, which should have taken me to the SF login page and then to the authorize page. But to my amazement, I was taken to my message page, and I successfully posted the message to Chatter. Wondering if the access token was cached, I made sure I was logged out of Salesforce and tried again. So now I have tried it multiple times over about a half hour and I can still call my Apex app and post to Chatter, even though I don't have an access token assigned in Ssalesforce.

Also, I noticed that about once a day, Salesforce tells me I have an invalid session ID. I'm passing the access token as the session ID and it works great until the next morning. I thought access tokens weren't supposed to expire. Did I implement something wrong, or is there a bug?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

I've been really struggling to get  OAuth 1.0 working with Salesforce so I've resorted to trying OAuth 2.0. I've followed the directions and even worked through some bugs and now Salesforce tells me that I am passing an invalid grant type. However I'm passing "access_token" as the value. I'm starting to believe that something is amiss with OAuth, or that it's not enabled for my org. Is there a way to tell? Do you only get OAuth 2.0 with REST?

Thanks for any help. I'm really stuck at this point.

Steve

Once you retrieve an access token using oauth, how long is it valid? Does it eventually expire?

• October 30, 2010

Hey all - I've implemented OAuth in a dev org for the most part successfully.  However, with the same access token making the same callback to the OAuth login endpoint - I get an invalid signature response about every other time.  Same code doing the signature every time - any ideas as to why SFDC only accepts it occasionally?  

Are there any debug tools from the SFDC side to view the specific error found?  My login history only shows the "Failed Signature" error.

Thanks in advance.

• July 02, 2010

Hi -

I have been trying for awhile to get oauth working between salesforce and my application.  I have experience getting oauth to work with Twitter and Youtube, so I figured this would be easy... 

BTW, I have set up Remote Access in my salesforce setup.  

I'm having problems on the very first step of the oauth process. This is what I am sending to get the RequestToken (I added the returns for clarity after the &'s)

https://login.salesforce.com/_nc_external/system/security/oauth/RequestTokenHandler?oauth_consumer_key=<My key>&
oauth_nonce=8114382&
oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&
oauth_timestamp=1266716665&
oauth_version=1.0&
oauth_callback=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.catchthecloud.com%2FSalesforceOAuth.aspx&
oauth_signature=fH85OWR29G3IXSp1sc3uf4WMD7w%3D

This seems to be correct as per: https://ap1.salesforce.com/help/doc/user_ed.jsp?loc=help&section=help&hash=access_data&target=remoteaccess_authenticate.htm

However, I'm getting a 400 - bad request error when sending it.

The C# code that I am using to generate this string is as follows:

Uri uri = new Uri("https://login.salesforce.com/"); string nonce = this.GenerateNonce(); string timeStamp = this.GenerateTimeStamp(); //Generate Signature string sig = this.GenerateSignature(uri, this.ConsumerKey, this.ConsumerSecret, this.Token, this.TokenSecret, method.ToString(), timeStamp, nonce, out outUrl, out querystring); querystring += "&" + this.UrlEncode("oauth_callback") + "=" + this.UrlEncode("https://www.catchthecloud.com/SalesforceOAuth.aspx"); querystring += "&" + this.UrlEncode("oauth_signature") + "=" + this.UrlEncode(sig); NameValueCollection oauthtokendata = null; HttpWebRequest request = System.Net.WebRequest.Create(url+"?"+querystring) as HttpWebRequest; using (HttpWebResponse response = request.GetResponse() as HttpWebResponse) { using (TextReader reader = new StreamReader(response.GetResponseStream())) { oauthtokendata = HttpUtility.ParseQueryString(reader.ReadToEnd()); } }

Towards the bottom of this code, I do a call to request.GetResponse(), and that's where it dies.  If I take the string that's been created and stick it in the address bar of a browser, I get the following response:

1702Failed: Missing Consumer Key Parameter

On the first line of this code, --
Uri uri = new Uri("https://login.salesforce.com/");

I have used several variations of Uri's in attempts to make this work, including https://login.salesforce.com/_nc_external/system/security/oauth/RequestTokenHandler, but nothing seems to work.

So -- hopefully someone can give me a tip to get this thing to work... I feel like I'm pretty close!

Thanks,

Beth