• 10 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hey everyone, I'm at my wit's end. 40 of my unit test methods are failing with this error: "Methods defined as TestMethod do not support Web service callouts. Stack trace: null" seemingly out of nowhere. I haven't installed any new packages nor deployed any code that uses web service callouts in quite some time. I'm not sure why this is happening all of a sudden or what the source is. The test methods that are failing don't have any interaction with the few callout classes we do have (nor are there reference to them in those test methods).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • December 22, 2017

I am using the PHP SOAP library and am trying to construct a set of queries that will allow me to retrieve over 30,000 records. Since one query can only retrieve up to 2000 records, I am having a problem with setting the criteria to get me the whole batch of 30,000 records in 15 queries. A part of the problem is that I am using the SystemModstamp field as a part of the criteria, so that I don't get the same records over and over again. However, our marketing department uses a tool that mass inserts records (thousands at a time) so the modstamp is the same for several thousand records. That is making this query not retrieve all of the records, instead, it is retrieving many of the same.

The query I am using is:

SELECT Id, CampaignId, Status, ContactId, CreatedById, CreatedDate, FirstRespondedDate, HasResponded, IsDeleted, LastModifiedById, LastModifiedDate, LeadId, SystemModstamp FROM CampaignMember WHERE CampaignId = 'SPECIFIC_CAMPAIGN_ID HERE' AND SystemModstamp > INSERT_LAST_MODSTAMP_OF_LAST_RECORD_HERE ORDER BY SystemModstamp ASC LIMIT 2000

Any recommendations on how I can go about doing this? I can use the Excel connector to retrieve records, so surely there is a way. I just can't figure out how I should construct the query.

Thanks much in advance!

Brad

• April 22, 2013

Hello! Does anyone know if there is a SOAP API call you can make to get the number of used/available SFDC "Customer Portal Manager Standard " licenses?

• February 20, 2013

We are working on whitelisting the customer portal. We want to do two things, use a custom CNAME for the portal and also use SSO to automatically log our customers into the portal.

I have both of these items working, but not together. I can sign users in via SAML SSO to the case portal (but the URL shows up as https://ssl.salesforce.com...) not our CNAME. I can also access the portal via the CNAME (but then they aren't authenticated).

According to http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/CRC:SSO#Use_Cases.2F_Scenarios_and_Appropriate_Solution_Options, both options are possible. My question is, can both be done at the same time?

The problem I'm noticing is when we set the SAML login URL to http://supportcases.domain.com, it won't sign in. I ran the SFDC SAML verfication query and got this as the result: 

However, when I change the login URL to https://ssl.salesforce.com, then it stays on the ssl.salesforce.com domain instead of my supportcases.domain.com CNAME.

Any ideas?

Thanks much!

Brad

• January 29, 2013

We are using the SFDC case portal and setup a "Site" for it so we can use our own domain name rather than salesforce.com. The problem is, when a user goes to the site and logs in, it temporarily redirects them to our https://site.secure.force.com domain and then back to our CNAME. Is it possible to prevent this all together? We don't want it to go to site.secure.force.com, we want it remain completely white label. It doesn't need to be sent over HTTPS.

I went into the Site Login Settings page and checked the box that says "Require Non-Secure Connections (HTTP)" but it is still forcing users to go to the HTTPS URL to authenticate.

Any suggestions?

To make matters more complex, we are planning on implementing a SAML SSO solution so that users are automatically signed into the portal. Will this prevent users from having to be redirected to our https://site.secure.force.com URL all together?

Thanks much for the help!

• June 27, 2012

On the advanced search page in the case portal, there is a "Scope" section where you can check with objects you want to search in. Is it possible to drill down lower, and be able to search specific fields inside a particular object? For example, if there a custom field called "Location", is it possible to search for "California" in the "Location" field? Or can you only drill down to the object level?

I know you can filter by fields, but we want to actually search by specific fields.

Thanks much in advance!

• June 27, 2012

We are currently considering allowing our customers to access the SFDC case portal. Right now we are looking into different types of case views that we can setup to show the customer's cases.

We hit a roadblock in terms of allowing customers (who can see everyones cases that are from the same company) to only see their own cases in certain fields.

For example, John is apart of Acme Inc. and along with 4 coworkers, they have 5000 cases. John himself has 300 cases.

I want to create a view, so john can go to "My Open Cases" and it will only show john his open cases (<=300) rather than everyone's cases. While I know can set the scope to"my cases" if you have an employee account, is there a way to allow john or any of his cowokers to only see their own cases in some views, but all of their cases in other views? I have been looking for a variable such as CURRENT_USER() or LOGGED_IN_USER() that could be used in the case view critiera but haven't been able to find anything so far.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brad 

• May 25, 2012

Please forgive me if this isn't the proper board to ask this.

I am wondering if it is possible to search by metadata fields in the SFDC case portal. On our instance, we use fields such as "status", "priority", "community", and "contact" and we are wondering if there is a way to query a result set based on the content within these fields.

For example, if I want to search for all cases that have a priority of 3, a contact of "John Smith", and a subject of "pickle", I would type something like: "priority:3 contact_name:john smith subject:pickle". Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, what syntax should be used? I haven't been able to find much information on this thus far, and the example above doesn't work.

Thanks much for your assistance!

Brad

• May 25, 2012

Hey fellow developers!

Let me start by saying I am pretty new to all of this. Hopefully I am posting in the right board. I am new to the SOAP api, and development on the SFDC platform all together.

I am trying to code (with PHP) a script that clears out certain date fields in a custom SFDC object. The problem is, I don't know what I should be passing to this field to clear it out. I have tried passing "null", "0", "false", "" (blank), and I keep getting the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [soapenv:Client] '' is not a valid value for the type xsd:date in /path/to/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php:509

I can't imagine there isn't a way to clear out this field via the API. The field is not marked as required in SFDC. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Thanks in advance!!

Brad 

• May 25, 2012

Hello! Does anyone know if there is a SOAP API call you can make to get the number of used/available SFDC "Customer Portal Manager Standard " licenses?

• February 20, 2013

Hi,

I have a simply query in my apex class to return a record from a custom object, code below:

userIncentivePlan = [select name, isActive__c, owner.name, Target__c, Growth_Incentive_Rate__c from Incentive_Plan__c where user__c =:UserId and isActive__c='True'];

With the "isActive__c = 'True'" where criteria, the query fails to return any results, therefore I am assuming it  always evaluates to false. (also confirmed this by printing it out to a visual force page)

the formula on the field contains some nested if statements but always equates to 'True' or 'False', code below:

if (User__r.Profile.Name = 'System Administrator',  Incentive_Rate__r.isActive__c , 
if (User__r.Profile.Name = 'Corporate Sales Manager', Incentive_Rate__r.isActive__c, 
if (User__r.Profile.Name = 'Corporate Account Developer', Growth_Incentive_Rate__r.isActive__c, 
if (User__r.Profile.Name = 'Corporate Account Manager', Growth_Incentive_Rate__r.isActive__c, 
if (User__r.Profile.Name = 'Corporate Sales Super User', Incentive_Rate__r.isActive__c, 
if (User__r.Profile.Name = 'Account Development Manager', 
  if ( AND ( Incentive_Rate__r.isActive__c ='True',  Growth_Incentive_Rate__r.isActive__c ='True'), 'True', 'False'), 'False')
))))) 

The isActive__c field reference on the incentiveRate object is also a formula field [could that be the cause of the problem??]

Strangely, when I view the custom object record through salesforce, it evaluates correctly to 'True'

Having seen this forum posing, it suggests what I have done is correct : link

.... however it is not working. 

Any suggestions on how I can go about trying to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• June 27, 2012

We are currently considering allowing our customers to access the SFDC case portal. Right now we are looking into different types of case views that we can setup to show the customer's cases.

We hit a roadblock in terms of allowing customers (who can see everyones cases that are from the same company) to only see their own cases in certain fields.

For example, John is apart of Acme Inc. and along with 4 coworkers, they have 5000 cases. John himself has 300 cases.

I want to create a view, so john can go to "My Open Cases" and it will only show john his open cases (<=300) rather than everyone's cases. While I know can set the scope to"my cases" if you have an employee account, is there a way to allow john or any of his cowokers to only see their own cases in some views, but all of their cases in other views? I have been looking for a variable such as CURRENT_USER() or LOGGED_IN_USER() that could be used in the case view critiera but haven't been able to find anything so far.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brad 

• May 25, 2012

Please forgive me if this isn't the proper board to ask this.

I am wondering if it is possible to search by metadata fields in the SFDC case portal. On our instance, we use fields such as "status", "priority", "community", and "contact" and we are wondering if there is a way to query a result set based on the content within these fields.

For example, if I want to search for all cases that have a priority of 3, a contact of "John Smith", and a subject of "pickle", I would type something like: "priority:3 contact_name:john smith subject:pickle". Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, what syntax should be used? I haven't been able to find much information on this thus far, and the example above doesn't work.

Thanks much for your assistance!

Brad

• May 25, 2012

Hey fellow developers!

Let me start by saying I am pretty new to all of this. Hopefully I am posting in the right board. I am new to the SOAP api, and development on the SFDC platform all together.

I am trying to code (with PHP) a script that clears out certain date fields in a custom SFDC object. The problem is, I don't know what I should be passing to this field to clear it out. I have tried passing "null", "0", "false", "" (blank), and I keep getting the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [soapenv:Client] '' is not a valid value for the type xsd:date in /path/to/soapclient/SforceBaseClient.php:509

I can't imagine there isn't a way to clear out this field via the API. The field is not marked as required in SFDC. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Thanks in advance!!

Brad 

• May 25, 2012