• 5 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Please take a look at the screenshot and tell me what the Duration column unit of measure is in. I am trying to help answer this question (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=General_Development&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS&id=906F0000000MK4kIAG" target="_blank)so I am looking at the performance tree data for the guy.

Performance Tree Duration - Unit of measure doesn't seem consistent
  • January 06, 2016
Scenario
1) This is a FULL system admin account
2) Lead merge through API works fine
3) I've tested updating any field and get the same message
4) Update directly in Salesforce UI = success
5) Update through developer console = success
6) Update through the API and recording the debug actually shows it going into a post update trigger without issues - trigger just checks to see if the lead was converted and auto-creates a task. 

I work with the API all day every day and have worked on hundreds of client sites. I have never seen this before. I've looked at everything I can think of. All the obvious stuff checks out and has been tested again and again. Documentation says to make sure the record is marked as "updatable" yet there is nothing anywhere in the UI for such a thing. There is "Read/Write" which a full admin has. 

I will buy someone a case of beer if they can point me in the right direction. 

• April 11, 2014

I'm looking at an org where there is no relationship between Accounts and Cases. I have never seen that before. It's professional edition, which I have as well so I'm comparing my org to there org and I can clearly see that under Cases my org has the Account lookup and theirs does not.

Has anyone ever seen this before? If so, how is this even possible to do inside Salesforce. More importantly, why would you do that?

• October 19, 2012

I've had a piece of custom code on the Contacts screen for two years. Basically I have a trigger that performs some actions and based on those actions I spit out a snippet of javascript in the standard error message portion of the contact screen. I use that to redirect to another page with a set of params in the URL. This is part of a managed package.

Just recently I'm getting a cross-site scripting error message. It has worked for two years though and is unchanged on my end. 

I've read everything there is to read in the forums, developer docs and I'm getting nowhere. Does anybody know if this has changed or is there another way that I can do this?

• April 09, 2012

I did A LOT of testing yesterday and I tried to come back in this morning and I'm getting a message saying I blew through the total number of allowed API calls in a 24-hr period. Moving forward, I'd love to put something in my code that can check to see how many calls I have left. I want it to be in the actual code and not rely on setting up the email notifications in SF to tell me when I'm low. Anybody have any ideas? I've done some searches through the docs and I'm not seeing anything.

Also, when does the clock start/stop. For example, when does the 24-hr marker start? Is it the same for every org or does it different for us all?

Thanks for the help!

• June 24, 2011

Just published a new managed package today. It has been working fine with all version of SF in the past. For some reason upon releasing my new package today all users of Professional Ed get an install fail message (even if they ignore the unit tests).

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 2093278357-19 (-1953474441)

Tried it on three different servers NA1, NA5, NA9. Installs fine on Enterprise. Called SF and they have no way to looup the reference number. Their paid support is always useless. It generally takes 2-3 weeks minimum for them to get back to me after the first "we're looking into this email." In a pinch here, anyone got any ideas?

• February 23, 2011

I am trying to add code branches that run different based on orgs with/without person accounts enabled.

Thanks!

• December 16, 2010

Hi,

I've developed a managed package. During installation is it possible to get the OrganizationType field (Enterprise, Pro, Unlimited etc) and write it to a custom app setting (cached) so that I can read it later on without doing a query. Basically I want to put branches in the code saying

if(OrganizationType == Enterprise)

Do something

if(OrganizationType == Professional)

Do something else

If there is an easy way to do this and set it that would be great. I don't know much about Global variables but I would even be open to using that if there is not other way. The point is, I don't want to run the same query in four different trigger types (example: Before Insert, After Delete, etc) when the value (OrganizationType) is static (baring an upgrade).

It would be great to just get it when I install they install the app and keep it as a custom setting. I'm open though...

• December 14, 2010

Email: careers@symphonicsource.com

Please no Recruiters or 3rd Parties.

Symphonic Source is a start-up in Dallas, TX. We have a small team of people who have worked together or known each other for the last 10+ years. We have an angel investor and can provide a stable working environment. What we are looking for is a positive self-starter who can be a part of our team. We need someone who is talented, innovative and experienced. We are building a cloud-based application using elements of Force.com and other technologies to create a SaaS. We are looking for someone who is open to working with different technologies. As an example – part of our administration interface might be written outside of Salesfoce.com in ASP.Net or Java. You'll be in it from the early stages so we need someone with good architectural skills that knows how to be a part of a team.

Responsibilities

• Construct required logic or user interface modules using Visualforce and Apex Code etc.
  • Participate in and lead code-review sessions to identify potential problem areas and suggest alternative solutions
  • Design application modules using object-oriented design methods

Requirements

• BA/BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree or equivalent experience
  • 7+ years of experience
  • Disciplined self-starter, able to be highly productive both working alone and in close collaboration within a team
  • Works well with limited supervision and can THRIVE at a fast-paced startup!
  • Good software architectural skills
  • Must have experience on developing and maintaining force.com AppExchange application.
  • Must be able to code on force.com, on a large scale application.
  • Must be familiar with force.com application security and certification requirement.
  • Web services experience
  • Know the fundamentals of web programming -- AJAX,CSS, HTTP, HTML, XML, JavaScript etc.
  • Working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON)

Desired

• Ability to multi-task and or change directions based on business and customer needs
  • Creative and open minded
  • Experience in developing innovative, groundbreaking apps
  • Ability to engage effectively at both the business and technical level
  • Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and other technologies
  • Hands on experience with Java or ASP.Net
  • SQL/SOQL & Relational DB

• November 17, 2010
Scenario
6) Update through the API and recording the debug actually shows it going into a post update trigger without issues - trigger just checks to see if the lead was converted and auto-creates a task. 

I work with the API all day every day and have worked on hundreds of client sites. I have never seen this before. I've looked at everything I can think of. All the obvious stuff checks out and has been tested again and again. Documentation says to make sure the record is marked as "updatable" yet there is nothing anywhere in the UI for such a thing. There is "Read/Write" which a full admin has. 

• April 11, 2014
Please take a look at the screenshot and tell me what the Duration column unit of measure is in. I am trying to help answer this question (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=General_Development&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS&id=906F0000000MK4kIAG" target="_blank)so I am looking at the performance tree data for the guy.

Performance Tree Duration - Unit of measure doesn't seem consistent
  • January 06, 2016
Error: FATAL_ERROR|System.LimitException: Apex CPU time limit exceeded

The records basically come into my trigger code at Step 7 here (who knows if this is up to date):
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_triggers_order_of_execution.htm

And the CPU limit shows it is over the limit as soon as it hits my package.
Maximum CPU time: 13170 out of 10000 ******* CLOSE TO LIMIT

At this point as an App Builder what the heck can I do? The user doesn't seem to understand I can't controll all the workflows they have setup. Of course the error email they get is right when it comes into my package and tries to run the first line so it looks like I'm the cause and Salesforce Support just tells them the same thing so it is futile to argue. Even running a limit check to see if the limits are blown throws the exception

Scenario

• April 11, 2014

When logging in using OAuth as a standard user, any attempt to update salesforce fields using the Remote Access REST API fails with the following:

Salesforce is giving response 400 which means "Bad Request". The body of the response has "

{"message"=>"insufficient access rights on cross-reference id", "errorCode"=>"INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS"}

Updating works fine when logged in as a user with Administrator privileges.

We are developing a complementary app for Salesforce.  It relies on the API, and as such will only work with EE and higher.

But, we've heard two bits of information that we can't get confirmed:

1.  PE users can get the API enabled (likely for a fee).  I'm talking about regular SFDC subscribers, not partners, here.

2.  Alternately, application developers like us can request an API Token, which will enable the application to work with PE.  We've received the token, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Can anyone offers us some information and/or clarification?

Thanks,

Steve Harding
Symphonic Source

Just published a new managed package today. It has been working fine with all version of SF in the past. For some reason upon releasing my new package today all users of Professional Ed get an install fail message (even if they ignore the unit tests).

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 2093278357-19 (-1953474441)

Tried it on three different servers NA1, NA5, NA9. Installs fine on Enterprise. Called SF and they have no way to looup the reference number. Their paid support is always useless. It generally takes 2-3 weeks minimum for them to get back to me after the first "we're looking into this email." In a pinch here, anyone got any ideas?

• February 23, 2011

I'd like to run a query to find all Accounts without Contacts. I'm not sure how to form the SOQL query to acheive that.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

TIA