• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

Is there anyway that I can assign a task to a public group, preferentially minimizing the use of Apex code? I have a custom object with a custom field Status__c. I want that when an user associated with a certain profile causes a status change in the object, a task is assigned to a public group associated with that object.

Hello,

I am having difficulties in displaying the dashboards when logged as an user associated with a custom profile that I created, with less privileges than the administrator. The user has access to the Reports, because if I open the Reports tab they are all there. I assured that the folder has access granted to all users. In the profile settings I checked all the boxes granting permission to view, manage, or do anything related to reports and dashboards. I don't know what else I can do. I think it's not related to neither reports or folders settings. I need to change the visibility of a specific Dashboard. How can I do that? Have anyone faced similar problems? I want the reports to be shown when I click on the Dashboards tab.

Thanks

Hello,

I have created an approval process for a custom object MyObject__c with two approval steps, and have assigned different users with different profiles as approvers for each step. Another user, associated with a profile with less privileges, creates a record of MyObject__c and submits it for approval. I have then created a command button associated with an action that creates a new version of the record: it clones the record and all of its children, submitting it for approval if the old record had any approval process pending. The old record has its status changed to 'Inactive', and the new record, or new version, is an exactly copy of the old one.

Using the classes ProcessInstanceHistory, ProcessWorkitemRequest, and other Approval classes, I am able to detect if the old record was approved in step one, or step two, or rejected, and I am also able to submit for approval and approve the new version using Apex. It works perfectly if I use the System Administrator user and click on the Create New Version button. But when I'm logged as the basic user that creates the record and is not assigned as an approver, I am not able to approve using Apex Code. I get an "Insufficient Privileges" error message. Is there anyway that a user can trigger an action that approves an object using apex?

Thanks

Hello,

Does the Record Type of my custom object affect the objects that are a detail of this object in a master-detail relationship?

For example, I have a ParentObject__c and a ChildObject__c, and in the child object I create a custom master-detail relationship field that references the parent object. Then, I create different record types for the parent object. Can I display different page layouts for the child object according to its parent type?

Another question: can I have a custom field that is required for one record type but not required for another?

Thanks

Hello,

I want an unique combination of fields, so I have a hidden text field that concatenates the values of three fields and this text field is set as unique.The link below explains it better:

http://www.forcetree.com/2010/07/unique-field-combination-in-salesforce.html

When the user tries to create a record with an existing combination of fields, he gets an error message. But I need this message to be intuitive, I need to customize it. If I can't change the displayed error message, this solution won't work for me.

Is there a way of customizing the Salesforce standard error messages?

If not (I'm guessing there's no way), would anyone think of another way of achieving this unique field combination?

Thanks.

Hello,

Please tell me if you don't understand my question:

I want the field Name of my custom object to be something like {000000}-{000}, where {000000} is the number of the object and {000} is the number of the version, that should be incremented not when a record is created, but when some specific fields or child objects are updated. I can't use Auto Number, so I was thinking about using a Text name field and fill it with a trigger. I would have an Auto Number field called Object_Number__c and a Number Field called Version_Number__c. So, I would set the object name with: MyObject__c.Name = Object_Number__c + '-' + Version_Number__c; or something like that.

If I try to do this with a Before Insert Trigger, what I get in the name of my object is null-null because the Auto Number and the Number Fields are null before inserting. If I try to do this with an Afetr Insert Trigger, I can't change any field and I get the error "Record is Readonly". Does anyone have any idea of how to achieve this?

trigger formatName on MyObject__c (after insert) {

for(MyObject__c o : Trigger.new) {

MyObject__c.Name = MyObject__c.Object_Number__c + '-' + MyObject__c.Version_Number__c;

}

}

Hi,

I have an object MyObject__c with some fields Filed1__c, Field2__c, Field3__c.

I want to develop a custom page where the user can specify values for one or more of the fields and then the corresponding records are shown. I already have the filter working, but I need a way of showing the results. I want it to look like the Salesforce satandard lists, with a checkbox column, the options to Edit or Delete the records, and the links to each record. I also want to limit the number of rows, and if there are more records it would be shown in different pages.

When I add the tag

<apex:listViews type="MyObject__c"/>

it has everything I want, but I didn't find a way of showing only selected records, based on the filter. I needed something like:

<apex:listViews value="{!myObejctList}"

but there isn't such attribute.

What is the best way to mimic the listViews? How can I present the filter results in a table, with the options of editing and deleting?

Thanks 

Hello,

I have a custom object MyObject__c that has some fields and relationships, like Quantity__c, Price__c, and a relationship with an Account.

I need a page that allows the user to specify none, one, or more than one of these fields and list the corresponding records.

I wish that the user can type a number in the Quantity or Price fields, or choose one of the existing Accounts, and then the instances of MyObject that satisfy the filter are shown.

I believe I will use a Command Button with the action={!list}, but I'm having trouble to think a way of getting the input values and filtering it. Can anyone help?

I just want something to start with.

Thanks

Hello,

I am trying to develop a page that shows the records of a custom object in a panelGrid according to a filter, where the user specifies values for the object's fields. I want to write a controller extensions that fetches the records from the Database using SOQL, but I need to get the values from the page, after the user types it. It probably will be something like [select field1, field2 from customobject__c where field1 = :ApexPages.currentPage().... (i don't know the rest)]

Thanks

Hello,

I have a few doubts concerning internationalization and translation issues. First: How does the Translation Workbench work? I mean, when we use translation definitions, it translates to what language? Is it the user's browser language, or the user's language in the Salesforce platform, or what? I want to test this feature, so I need to change my settings and see if the page changes showing the labels translated, so I want to know what settings should I change.

The second question I have is if it is possible to have a similar behavior in number, currency and date fields. Is it possible to change the currency or date format based on the user's location or language? Can I change, for example, the decimal separator from dot to comma dynamically, depending on the user's language? Can it be done using Apex?

Thanks

Hello,

When I add a table column related to a currency field, VisualForce automatically formats the rows with the currency symbol and number separators. For example:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!CustomObject__c}" var="varname">
	<apex:column value="{!varname.Custom_Currency_Field__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

I couldn't find out what currency format does it use (associated with the browser or user's language, for example). I changed my Location in My Personal Information but the currency format in the VF page didn't change, so I guess it's not related to the user's settings. I wonder if anyone knows how to set the currency format. I found a lot of examples to manually format the output field, but that's not what I need, I need something similar to the Translation Workbench feature, that translates my customizations to the user's language. I want to know if is there a stantard function that "translates" the currency, or if I can achieve this through the Force.com IDE and the Translation Workbench.

Thanks

Hello,

I have created a custom object CustomObject__c that is a detail of Account in a Master-Detail relationship. I am developing a VisualForce page with the standard controller for the object CustomObject__c. So, I can show in the page the fields from this object, like {!CustomObject__c.name}. When I type {!CustomObject__c.Account__c} what is shown in the page is a link for the corresponding account in the relationship field. But I want to show fields from this Account, like account.name, account.phone, account.website. It doesn´t work if I try {!CustomObject__c.Account__c.name} and I still haven´t found a way of defining a controller extension for doing this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hello,

Is there a way of stoping or aborting an approval process?

I want to maybe create a custom button that removes the approval process, without approving or rejecting it.

Maybe there's a way of doing it through the setAction() method for the ProcessWorkitemRequest class that takes the argument 'Removed'. Is it what the method is for?

Thanks

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to view the Items to Approve for a user in an external application through web services?

I want that when a user logs onto the external application it shows something similar to the component "Items to Approve" shown in the user's home page in the force platform.

Thanks

Hello,

I need to create a complex Approval Process for an Account (or for a Custom Object that is a detail of Accout in a Master-Detail relationship). I need to create several approval steps and in each of them I need the approver to be set as an User in a higher hierarchical level, but I don't want to set an specified User, I want to specify his role, because there are more than one User that I want to be able to approve, and besides it would be very unpleasant to perform system maintenance if I the the roles change. The only options I get are to "Automatically assign using the user field selected earlier (Manager)" or to "Automatically assign an specific User or Related User". Is there any way that I could assign using some user that is above in the hierarchy, or to select the manager of the user who approved in the last step, instead of the manager of the user who first submitted for approval?
Another problem: I wish more than one user could be the approver in each step, but Queues are not available for Accounts. Is there another way of doing it?
Thanks.

Hello,

Does the Record Type of my custom object affect the objects that are a detail of this object in a master-detail relationship?

For example, I have a ParentObject__c and a ChildObject__c, and in the child object I create a custom master-detail relationship field that references the parent object. Then, I create different record types for the parent object. Can I display different page layouts for the child object according to its parent type?

Another question: can I have a custom field that is required for one record type but not required for another?

Thanks

Hello,

I want an unique combination of fields, so I have a hidden text field that concatenates the values of three fields and this text field is set as unique.The link below explains it better:

http://www.forcetree.com/2010/07/unique-field-combination-in-salesforce.html

When the user tries to create a record with an existing combination of fields, he gets an error message. But I need this message to be intuitive, I need to customize it. If I can't change the displayed error message, this solution won't work for me.

Is there a way of customizing the Salesforce standard error messages?

If not (I'm guessing there's no way), would anyone think of another way of achieving this unique field combination?

Thanks.

Hello,

I am trying to develop a page that shows the records of a custom object in a panelGrid according to a filter, where the user specifies values for the object's fields. I want to write a controller extensions that fetches the records from the Database using SOQL, but I need to get the values from the page, after the user types it. It probably will be something like [select field1, field2 from customobject__c where field1 = :ApexPages.currentPage().... (i don't know the rest)]

Thanks

Hello,

I have a few doubts concerning internationalization and translation issues. First: How does the Translation Workbench work? I mean, when we use translation definitions, it translates to what language? Is it the user's browser language, or the user's language in the Salesforce platform, or what? I want to test this feature, so I need to change my settings and see if the page changes showing the labels translated, so I want to know what settings should I change.

The second question I have is if it is possible to have a similar behavior in number, currency and date fields. Is it possible to change the currency or date format based on the user's location or language? Can I change, for example, the decimal separator from dot to comma dynamically, depending on the user's language? Can it be done using Apex?

Thanks

Hello,

When I add a table column related to a currency field, VisualForce automatically formats the rows with the currency symbol and number separators. For example:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!CustomObject__c}" var="varname">
	<apex:column value="{!varname.Custom_Currency_Field__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

I couldn't find out what currency format does it use (associated with the browser or user's language, for example). I changed my Location in My Personal Information but the currency format in the VF page didn't change, so I guess it's not related to the user's settings. I wonder if anyone knows how to set the currency format. I found a lot of examples to manually format the output field, but that's not what I need, I need something similar to the Translation Workbench feature, that translates my customizations to the user's language. I want to know if is there a stantard function that "translates" the currency, or if I can achieve this through the Force.com IDE and the Translation Workbench.

Thanks

Hello,

I have created a custom object CustomObject__c that is a detail of Account in a Master-Detail relationship. I am developing a VisualForce page with the standard controller for the object CustomObject__c. So, I can show in the page the fields from this object, like {!CustomObject__c.name}. When I type {!CustomObject__c.Account__c} what is shown in the page is a link for the corresponding account in the relationship field. But I want to show fields from this Account, like account.name, account.phone, account.website. It doesn´t work if I try {!CustomObject__c.Account__c.name} and I still haven´t found a way of defining a controller extension for doing this. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi, I'm not sure if Validation rules can do this, perhaps there's a nother way :

The combination of 3 fields on an Account record must be unique (so no other account record can have the same combination of values in the 3 fields). 2 of these fields are Text fields while one is a picklist.

Has anyone been able to do something such as this.

Any help will be great!

• August 10, 2009