• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have 4 lookup fields (based on Account) on a custom object and added to page layout. These fields are visible to system administrator but not to a user with custom profile. I verified these fields have correct field level security (read and edit) for the custom profile.

In other words, field level security is setup correctly for custom profile (I believe) and the fields are added on page layout. Visible to System Administrator but not to user who is setup to use the custom profile.

Appreciate any help!

• April 27, 2012

I have 4 lookup fields (based on Account) on a custom object and added to page layout. These fields are visible to system administrator but not to a user with custom profile. I verified these fields have correct field level security (read and edit) for the custom profile.

In other words, field level security is setup correctly for custom profile (I believe) and the fields are added on page layout. Visible to System Administrator but not to user who is setup to use the custom profile.

Appreciate any help!

• April 27, 2012

I've created a data synchronization service in .NET and have everything working except for OpportunityLineItems. The problem is if the item exists in Salesforce I can't specify a PricebookEntryID because it says I don't have to correct permissions to update it. I am logged in as admin and have full rights to everything.

So then if I remove the PricebookEntryID the record upserts fine. But if a new record is to be inserted Upsert fails because the PricebookEntryID is required.

Of course I could solve this by querying Salesforce to see if the LineItem exists and calling update or create. But isn't that what upsert is supposed to do?

So basically Upsert on OpportunityLineItem is useless.

Anyone come accross this and have a solution?