• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to use logic in Mail Merges?

For example:

IF(account.Holiday_Card_Salutation__c=='Personal',account.Personal_Salutation__c,account.Formal_Salutation__c)

If not, is there any way to evaluate one field and output another field into the mail merge based on the first one?

Thanks in advance!

I set up an InputField so that it renders based on the value of a picklist:

<apex:inputField value="{!account.First_Line_Personal__c}" rendered="{!account.Wealth_Beacon_Salutation__pc=='Personal'}"/> 

And this works with no problem, but I would like to set it up so that it renders if any of several Picklists are = to 'Personal', but I am not sure how to use an OR statement in VisualForce.  This is what I tried, with no success so far:

<apex:inputField value="{!account.Envelope_Personal__c}" rendered="OR({!account.Wealth_Beacon_Salutation__pc=='Personal'}, {!account.Holiday_Card_PL_Salutation__c=='Personal'})"/> 

Any suggestions on this one?

Thanks!

I set up an InputField so that it renders based on the value of a picklist:

<apex:inputField value="{!account.First_Line_Personal__c}" rendered="{!account.Wealth_Beacon_Salutation__pc=='Personal'}"/> 

And this works with no problem, but I would like to set it up so that it renders if any of several Picklists are = to 'Personal', but I am not sure how to use an OR statement in VisualForce.  This is what I tried, with no success so far:

<apex:inputField value="{!account.Envelope_Personal__c}" rendered="OR({!account.Wealth_Beacon_Salutation__pc=='Personal'}, {!account.Holiday_Card_PL_Salutation__c=='Personal'})"/> 

Any suggestions on this one?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am trying to have a tab apear if the status of object project is ok (pickval).
I can't get it to work, I have looked everywhere

<apex:tab label="Stem" name="Stem" id="tabStem" rendered= "{!IF ((Project__c.Status__c = "ok"),"True","False")}">

Error that is generated:
Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'

I am sure that the syntax is right. It also doesn't work if I do

<apex:tab label="Stem" name="Stem" id="tabStem" rendered= "{!IF (CONTAINS(Project__c.Status__c , "ok"),"True","False")}">

Anybody any ideas?
Jeroen

• July 15, 2008