• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I can't seem to find any information about how Content PACKS are dealt with in the API documentation.

Does a PACK have any methods or fields for which Content items it contains somewhere?  Or is there a method to download the pack as a unit?

From what I can gather packs aren't very usable through the API yet.  Or am I missing something?

We are new to SF development and recently created a simple app that uses a few custom fields, objects and triggers.  Unfortunately, the entire thing is running within a free "Dev" account (rather than a standard Force.com account).  Is there any reasonable way to take that entire installation and somehow import or migrate it into another SF account?  

The account rep I spoke with said that everything would need to be recreated within an Enterprise account.  But that sounds insane to me.  What would be the purpose of a dev account if I can't deploy my work to another SF (client) account.

I appreciate any insights or help...

I can't figure out a "clean" way to assign a RecordType when creating a new Account object.  Is it possible to do some kind of subquery during the create operation that will lookup the RecordTypeId based on the RecordType Name?

It just seems weird to me to have these 15 character Ids hard coded...

$so = new SObject();
$so->type = 'Account';
$so->fields = array(
  'Name' => $someName,
  'Phone' => $someNumber,
  'RecordTypeId' => '01270000000DVD5');

Maybe I'm missing something, but it would make more sense if it could be something like "RecordType.Name => Something" instead.

I'm just getting my feet wet with the some customization work.  And I'm looking for a way to add a few custom fields to the standard Document object (e.g. Category).  Under App Setup / Customize, I don't see any mention of Documents.  

If this isn't available natively, what would be the best way to create this functionality?  Is it possible to create a custom object, and use it as a "wrapper" to map to Documents?

We are new to SF development and recently created a simple app that uses a few custom fields, objects and triggers.  Unfortunately, the entire thing is running within a free "Dev" account (rather than a standard Force.com account).  Is there any reasonable way to take that entire installation and somehow import or migrate it into another SF account?  

The account rep I spoke with said that everything would need to be recreated within an Enterprise account.  But that sounds insane to me.  What would be the purpose of a dev account if I can't deploy my work to another SF (client) account.

I appreciate any insights or help...

I can't figure out a "clean" way to assign a RecordType when creating a new Account object.  Is it possible to do some kind of subquery during the create operation that will lookup the RecordTypeId based on the RecordType Name?

It just seems weird to me to have these 15 character Ids hard coded...

$so = new SObject();
$so->type = 'Account';
$so->fields = array(
  'Name' => $someName,
  'Phone' => $someNumber,
  'RecordTypeId' => '01270000000DVD5');

Maybe I'm missing something, but it would make more sense if it could be something like "RecordType.Name => Something" instead.

I'm just getting my feet wet with the some customization work.  And I'm looking for a way to add a few custom fields to the standard Document object (e.g. Category).  Under App Setup / Customize, I don't see any mention of Documents.  

If this isn't available natively, what would be the best way to create this functionality?  Is it possible to create a custom object, and use it as a "wrapper" to map to Documents?