• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I'd like to limit the amount of case record types that can be created per account.

for example if I have a record type called "MASTER"...I only want 1 MASTER record type per account.  I would like to prevent users to create another MASTER case. 

I've been trying to do this with validation rules but it's not working.  Can anyone assist with rule or help write something custom to prevent this?

Hello,

Is there any way to show case information on an opportunity?  I know we can tie cases to accounts, and all of the account's cases show on opportunities.

So I have a two-part question:

1) I'd like to limit an account to only have a certain case record type.  (Can I use validation rules to make this happen?)

2) Show a case field from that record type on an opportunity.  (I'm assuming that can be done via Apex).

Please help...I've been trying to do this but am stuck.  =\

Thank you x 100 in advance.

Hello,

I have a problem... I have a custom object that has a lookup to the Leads object.  (Leads >> Feedback)

Upon converting the lead, I would like the like the feedback object to attach to the newly created opportunity.  How would I attempt to do this? The feedback object also has a lookup to an opportunity.  Any help is appreciated.

There's a similar thread here but doesn't help much: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Converting-Lead-lookup-relationship-w-custom-object/m-p/69891

Thank you-

Kenny 

Hello!  Here's my issue:

I'm trying to make sure certain fields ($$, date, and picklists) are filled out before someone can switch the stage (ie closed won must have payment due date, amount, and length of term (drop down)).  

I looked around the forums and found these individually. ie. 1 validation rule for stage = closed won, isblank(fieldname)...etc.

How would I combine these various types of fields and map them to one stage validation?  I'm a newbie and stumped.  Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I'm fairly new to VF development and am running into a small issue.  I have a custom object that has a lookup to an account and a lookup to a contact (+ other custom fields). 

I built a VF page to pull these fields and overall page is rendered as PDF.  The problem I have is that the account and contact fields both show up as links (and therefore underlined and in blue).  Is there a way I can just make them come out as normal text?  I tried using outputText function, but then the IDs come out, instead of the account and contact name.

Any help is highly appreciated.  Thank you x 100 in advance.

Hello,

Is there any way to show case information on an opportunity?  I know we can tie cases to accounts, and all of the account's cases show on opportunities.

So I have a two-part question:

1) I'd like to limit an account to only have a certain case record type.  (Can I use validation rules to make this happen?)

2) Show a case field from that record type on an opportunity.  (I'm assuming that can be done via Apex).

Please help...I've been trying to do this but am stuck.  =\

Thank you x 100 in advance.

Hello,

I have a problem... I have a custom object that has a lookup to the Leads object.  (Leads >> Feedback)

Upon converting the lead, I would like the like the feedback object to attach to the newly created opportunity.  How would I attempt to do this? The feedback object also has a lookup to an opportunity.  Any help is appreciated.

There's a similar thread here but doesn't help much: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/General-Development/Converting-Lead-lookup-relationship-w-custom-object/m-p/69891

Thank you-

Kenny 

Hello!  Here's my issue:

I'm trying to make sure certain fields ($$, date, and picklists) are filled out before someone can switch the stage (ie closed won must have payment due date, amount, and length of term (drop down)).  

I looked around the forums and found these individually. ie. 1 validation rule for stage = closed won, isblank(fieldname)...etc.

How would I combine these various types of fields and map them to one stage validation?  I'm a newbie and stumped.  Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I'm fairly new to VF development and am running into a small issue.  I have a custom object that has a lookup to an account and a lookup to a contact (+ other custom fields). 

I built a VF page to pull these fields and overall page is rendered as PDF.  The problem I have is that the account and contact fields both show up as links (and therefore underlined and in blue).  Is there a way I can just make them come out as normal text?  I tried using outputText function, but then the IDs come out, instead of the account and contact name.

Any help is highly appreciated.  Thank you x 100 in advance.