• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Everyone,  

My question is related to the wave platform:  

Is it possible to join two external data sets into one by using primary keys and foreign keys to link them??  Can someone provide an example of how to do it?  Ultimately I would like to upload 5 data sets usign the CSV option that are all joined by a trasnaction ID #.  I am assuming for wave analytics to work and have a drill down capability I need to join these data sets into one.

Hello,

I am new at this so please bare with me but I am trying to create an Apex class with a query in a custom object.

The custom Object is called "SIM"

I basically want to use a For loop to sum a field for all records under this object that have the same two fields

The two fields are called:

"Account" which is a masterdetail relationship lookup field to the Standard Account Object

"Item" which is a masterdetail relationship lookup field to a Custom Object called "INV"

However to do this I need to first retrieve the account ID or name.  I tried somehting like this:

String accountId = SIM__c.Account__c.getId();

and I got this error:

ErrorError: Compile Error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: [Schema.SObjectField].getId()

Any Ideas?

I think the code would be different for the two since one is Master/detail lokup to a standard object and the other to a custom object.  I need help for both of them.

Thanks in advance!!