• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our package creates Contact records driven by an integration component. When we deploy it in an Org with admin-created Contact fields that are 'required', what values shall we put on these fields? Of course, using describeSObjects() method, we can identify Required fields. And, we can insert random numbers or strings or dates onto those fields. This approach sounds ugly. Another option is to elicit appropriate values from the Admin via a Config page on the managed package. What is the best practice? Any thoughts...

In my WSDL which I am using I have defined complex type objects with attributes. When the Apex classes get generated, the attributes are not seen in the generated classes.

Here is my wsdl: http://www.ascnet.com/~sarathy/ASARAT.wsdl.

In this WSDL, notice cObject and cForm_ASARAT_Vendor (complex type) objects have a type attribute defined. For my web service to work I need this type attribute set properly in the soap message request. If it is not part of the generated class,
a) how can my get it as part of the generated class? what do I need to adjust in the wsdl?
b) Or can I hand edit the class and add the attribute? If so, how can I do it? what is the syntax?

Thanks
Sarathy