• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, 

I want to get the last modified date of a custom object definition in Apex or via WS.  Schema.DescribeSObjectResult doesn't have a method like getLastModifiedDate.  But this info is clearly available in the custom object definition detail page.  Is there anyway to get this in the Apex code?  Similarly I want to know the last modified date of a custom field definition, and I'm facing the same issue.

I also check the meta data API reference and cannot find anyway to get the last modified date of custom object definition.

Please point me to the right direction.

Thanks,

-Qin zhang

• January 21, 2011

I want to create an organization hierarchy and associate users and some custom business objects to this hierarchy.   There should be two data access rules:

1. A user can see data with their org or any ancestor or descendant orgs.
  2. A user can edit data with their org or any descendant orgs.

Has anybody tried to support this type of multi-org data access restriction with force.com custom objects, roles hierarchy, and sharing rules support?  If you do, how did you resolved the issues of not able to assign objects to a role?

I started on this but encountered a couple roadblocks:

1.  I cannot find a way to assign a custom object to UserRole.  In the developer edition, when I tried to add a new lookup relationship, UserRole is in the list of objects.   It seems that UserRole should be a standard object.   Is it restricted to user only?
  2. Is there anyway to assign a user to multiple roles?  It seems to be a limitation of force.com,..
  • December 31, 2011

Hi, 

I want to get the last modified date of a custom object definition in Apex or via WS.  Schema.DescribeSObjectResult doesn't have a method like getLastModifiedDate.  But this info is clearly available in the custom object definition detail page.  Is there anyway to get this in the Apex code?  Similarly I want to know the last modified date of a custom field definition, and I'm facing the same issue.

I also check the meta data API reference and cannot find anyway to get the last modified date of custom object definition.

Please point me to the right direction.

Thanks,

-Qin zhang

• January 21, 2011

I want to create an organization hierarchy and associate users and some custom business objects to this hierarchy.   There should be two data access rules:

1. A user can see data with their org or any ancestor or descendant orgs.
  2. A user can edit data with their org or any descendant orgs.

Has anybody tried to support this type of multi-org data access restriction with force.com custom objects, roles hierarchy, and sharing rules support?  If you do, how did you resolved the issues of not able to assign objects to a role?

I started on this but encountered a couple roadblocks:

1.  I cannot find a way to assign a custom object to UserRole.  In the developer edition, when I tried to add a new lookup relationship, UserRole is in the list of objects.   It seems that UserRole should be a standard object.   Is it restricted to user only?
  2. Is there anyway to assign a user to multiple roles?  It seems to be a limitation of force.com,..
  • December 31, 2011