Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Patch , New York, NY

Salesforce Developer

About Patch

At Patch.com we’re radically reinventing community journalism. We launched in February 2009, currently operate hundreds of local community news and information sites, and are rapidly expanding to many more markets and towns across the country! We've already won acclaim in the industry and coverage in the New York Times, Forbes, Newsweek, Bloomberg, NPR's "talk of the nation", "the news hour with Jim Lehrer", and numerous industry blogs and web sites. In June of 2009 we were acquired by AOL Ventures. Well funded, and led by a management team of leaders in each of their respective fields, Patch is poised to become the largest pure-play local news and information platform employing professional journalists--and we’re always looking to hire bright new Patchers!

Area: SDFC Development

As a Salesforce Develeoper at Patch you’ll leverage your expertise in the configuration and development of Salesforce.com as well as your experience in utilizing Visual Force. 

Role & Responsibilities: Salesforce Developer

3+ years of professional experience coding enterprise-class systems using Web technologies including Web Services, CSS, JavaScript, dynamic HTML, and / or Asp.net

Strong experience with Apex and Visual Force

B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or related field (M.S. ideal).

Strong experience with Integrations to other systems

Advanced experience with MS SQL, Excel

Strong knowledge of page layouts, workflow rules, validation rules, triggers, reports, etc.

Experience with 3rd party tools to support business users or experience evaluating other add-on

Ability to translate business requirements into Technical Requirements

Manage relationships with internal clients (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Operations), aligning with business objectives and implementing new changes

Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail

Experience working with digital advertising servers a plus

Patch , New York, NY (Soho)

Salesforce Developer

About Patch

At Patch.com we’re radically reinventing community journalism. We launched in February 2009, currently operate hundreds of local community news and information sites, and are rapidly expanding to many more markets and towns across the country! We've already won acclaim in the industry and coverage in the New York Times, Forbes, Newsweek, Bloomberg, NPR's "talk of the nation", "the news hour with Jim Lehrer", and numerous industry blogs and web sites. In June of 2009 we were acquired by AOL Ventures. Well funded, and led by a management team of leaders in each of their respective fields, Patch is poised to become the largest pure-play local news and information platform employing professional journalists--and we’re always looking to hire bright new Patchers!

Area: SDFC Development

As a Salesforce Develeoper at Patch you’ll leverage your expertise in the configuration and development of Salesforce.com as well as your experience in utilizing Visual Force. 

Role & Responsibilities: Salesforce Developer

3+ years of professional experience coding enterprise-class systems using Web technologies including Web Services, CSS, JavaScript, dynamic HTML, and / or Asp.net

Strong experience with Apex and Visual Force

B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or related field (M.S. ideal).

Strong experience with Integrations to other systems

Advanced experience with MS SQL, Excel

Strong knowledge of page layouts, workflow rules, validation rules, triggers, reports, etc.

Experience with 3rd party tools to support business users or experience evaluating other add-on

Ability to translate business requirements into Technical Requirements

Manage relationships with internal clients (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Operations), aligning with business objectives and implementing new changes

Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail

Experience working with digital advertising servers a plus

Hi,
 Does anyone know any blog or link which talks about building ruby on rails and salesforce mashup projects.
Has pointer to hows and things like if I want the application to connect both to my local db and to saleforce depending on various situations. Also things like how to access saleforce in ruby on rails. I am not talking connecting using ASF gem. I have done that. What after that?
I must seem very naive :) It just that I see lot of materials on php but not on RoR+salesforce when I googled.
So if any one can point me in the correct  direction or even tell here, that would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
ciao
Arjun