• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Friends,

Can u please tell me about the life cycle implementation in salesforce?As I am new to salesforce and I want to know about it.?

Dos that mean creating new application on the force.com enviroenment which includes creation of only custom objects or it has got something to do with leads and then Acconts etc?.

Where can I get more information about the life cycle implementation?.Is there any URL where I can read about it.

Thanks

Trick

• May 19, 2011

Hi Friends,

Can u please tell me about the life cycle implementation in salesforce?As I am new to salesforce and I want to know about it.?

Dos that mean creating new application on the force.com enviroenment which includes creation of only custom objects or it has got something to do with leads and then Acconts etc?.

Where can I get more information about the life cycle implementation?.Is there any URL where I can read about it.

Thanks

Trick

• May 19, 2011

I am migrating from source to the destination instance.I have picklist and dependedent picklist in the source instance.I have to replicate same in the destination instance.
In the source instance when I select record type,account page opens and then picklist automatically gets populated with some default value.As a result of that,dependent picklist becomes available for selection.
I am not able to set up default value for the picklist in the destination instance.I want to select record type in the destination and then click on the new button and then page opens which should automatically pop default value for the picklist and hence dependent picklist becomes available for selection .
Please tell me how to set default value for the picklist 
Am I suppose to write some code.I do not want  to write any code ,please tell me if its possible in salesforce.

• April 29, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have to download certian accounts and upload them into another instance.Then I have to doownload opportunities related to accounts and upload into another instance.I am using data loader.Can somebody please give me steps on how to go about it?

I can export accounts easily into the excel sheet which can be uploaded into another instance.After that I can download opportunities.Now,I am not able to figure out how to associate accounts with opportunities.

Guys,Please help me soon as I need to do this quickly.

Thanks,

Trick

• February 28, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have to download certian accounts and upload them into another instance.Then I have to doownload opportunities related to accounts and upload into another instance.I am using data loader.Can somebody please give me steps on how to go about it?

I can export accounts easily into the excel sheet which can be uploaded into another instance.After that I can download opportunities.Now,I am not able to figure out how to associate accounts with opportunities.

Thanks,

Trick

• February 28, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have to move data from Excel sheet to pricebook entry.I do not see products tab in the saleforce menu.I could see opportunittes and other options.I know I can access products from APP setup.But how will I add products from Excel sheet to the custom price book unless  I see products tab in the menu options.

I am not sure If I am making myself clear to you.Please help me as soon as possible,

Thanks,

Trick

• February 25, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have to move data from Excel sheet to pricebook entry.I do not see products tab in the saleforce menu.I could see opportunittes and other options.I know I can access products from APP setup.But how will I add products from Excel sheet to the custom price book unless  I see products tab in the menu options.

I am not sure If I am making myself clear to you.Please help me as soon as possible,

Thanks,

Trick

• February 25, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have been able to upload data through the data loader to the salesforce in standard price book.However,I want to move those records from the standard price named Pmp.Can Somebody please guide me how to do that?.I have been trying but I am not able to ,please help

Thanks,

Trick

• February 20, 2011

I have been able to upload data through the data loader to the salesforce in standard price book.However,I want to move those records from the standard price named Pmp.Can Somebody please guide me how to do that?.I have been trying but I am not able to ,please help

Thanks,

Trick

• February 20, 2011

Hi Guys,

Since we are moving form sales force to salesforce ,therefore,we have lot of information to move.I have to move data repated to attachments.

I don't think we can export data through data loader .What is the way to extract data from sfdc to the excel sheet.Please help me.

Thanks ,

Trick

• February 20, 2011

i Friends,

I have to create two price book entry in sales force.Then I will  be moving active products from SFDC to SFDC under the new pricebooks.

I have extracted list of products in excel sheet through reports  which i be uploading to another salesforce instance through data loader.

Do I need to have ID's also extracted along with the active products or I can simply extract fields into salesforce and map those with the fields in another salesforce and transfer them.Can Somebody please clear my confusion about and If somebody can guide me about it.I am not going to use excel connector.

Thanks,

Trick

• February 19, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have to create two price book entry in sales force.Then I will  be moving active products from SFDC to SFDC under the new pricebooks.

I have extracted list of products in excel sheet through reports  which i be uploading to another salesforce instance through data loader.

Do I need to have ID's also extracted along with the active products or I can simply extract fields into salesforce and map those with the fields in another salesforce and transfer them.Can Somebody please clear my confusion about and If somebody can guide me about it.I am not going to use excel connector.

Thanks,

Trick

• February 19, 2011

Hi Friends,

Can we assign text field and number fields to record types or we can only assign picklist values to record layouts.Please help soon

Thanks,

Trick 

• February 17, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have to understand some existing validation rule which I need to modify and then use it again.Can somebody please help me in understanding this rule.

Rule is given below:-

IF( 
AND( 
(ISPICKVAL(Channel_Opportunity__c ,"Direct")),
Not(ISPICKVAL( StageName ,"Identified")), 
$RecordType.Id ="0127000005ELJ",
$User.ProfileId <>"00e700000wujI"), 
ISPICKVAL( Bid_Strategy__c,"" ) 
,false)

Can u please explain what this validation rule seems to be doing and what is the role of $RecordType.ID and  $User.ProfileId and why are we using them.Please help.I know I am asking a bit too much but I also know that people in this forum have high calibre.

Trick

• February 17, 2011

Hi guys,

I have couple of record types on account object. Is there a way to create a field  and assign it to a partiular record type.

Please guys I need to know about it urgently.Can somebody please let me know how to go about it.?ck

Thanks,

Trick

• February 17, 2011

Hi Friends, 

When we move from SFDC 2 SFDC and we have to create profiles,roles etc .What all we need to consider while making roles in the new salesforce.I know we have to create heirarchy,create same sharing rules which were there in the other instance.what else do we need to condider while doing SFDC 2 SFDC migration as far as roles are concerned.

Thanks,

Trick

• February 09, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have some simple questions.

1)When u join some organization,you are assigned sandbox login credentials.When they move you to another project they give you new sandbox login credentials or u have to use previous credentials.

2)Do we get another login credentials for the production.

3)To do coding,testing and putting it to the production .How many login credentials we need to have.For example,sandbox,production what else

Please help me as I am new to salesforce and I am trying to learn it

• February 03, 2011

Hi Friends,

As far as I know from this forum,constructor gets fired as soon as browser loads the page.If that is correct then I should be able to invoke getgreetings getter method and see greeting message .However,I get an error message

System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Account.Name.

My question is if the constructor has been executed when the page has been loaded then I should be able to invoke grettings getter method and see results.

As per me constructor has retreived account record in the current context and passed it to the acct variable and then I am accessing the name field in the getter method.But when I invoke getter method in the visual page then I get the above exception.Why.Your suggestions are most welcome   

public class myControllerExtension {

private final Account acct;

// The extension constructor initializes the private member  

// variablae acct by using the getRecord method from the standard  

// controller.  

public myControllerExtension(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.acct = (Account)stdController.getRecord();
    }

public String getGreeting() {
        return 'Hello ' + acct.name + ' (' + acct.id + ')';
    }
}

<apex:page standardcontroller="account" extensions="mycontrollerextension" >

I have invoked the greeting getter method by invoking{!greeting}; 

</apex:page>

• January 27, 2011

Hi Friends ,
Can somebody please explain lines in red.I need to understand the functionality.For example,what kind of value will  value="{!account.contacts}" have. Is it retrieving account or contact information etc.
<apex:page standardController="account">
    <apex:pageblock title="Hello {!$user.firstname}">
    You are displaying contact from the {!account.name}account.
    click contact's name to view his or her details.
    </apex:pageblock>
    <apex:pageblock title="contacts">
        <apex:form>
            <apex:datatable value="{!account.contacts}" var="contact" cellpadding="4" border="1">
                <apex:column>
                    <apex:commandlink rerender="detail">
                        {!contact.name}
                        <apex:param name="cid" value="{!contact.id}"/>
                    </apex:commandlink>
              </apex:column>
            </apex:datatable>
         </apex:form>
      <apex:outputpanel id="detail">
          <apex:detail subject="{!$currentpage.parameters.cid}" relatedlist="false" title="false"/>
      </apex:outputpanel>       

Thanks,

Trick

• January 25, 2011

Hi friends ,
I do not see detail page and its related lists when I run below given code.How do I see contact detail page and its related lists..I am specifying contactID in the URL Please help?
<apex:page standardcontroller="contact">
<apex:pageblock Title="hello{!$User.FirstName}!">
  Hello {!$User.FirstName}
  <apex:detail subject="{!contact.ownerid}" relatedList="true" title="false"/>

• January 23, 2011

Hi Friends,

Thanks,

Trick

• February 28, 2011

Hi Friends,

I am trying to pull out data from one instance.Here comes the situation.I have,for example, 10 custom  price books in one instance and I just wants to move data under two custom price books to another instance.When I use data loader to export data from the custom price books I get  all data which is listed under 10 books including standard price book,I do not want that.Is there a way to just directly extract data under the two custom price books into the excel sheet.?Please help.

Thanks,

Trick

Hi Friends,

I have etracted some data from one instance and i am trying to upload in another through data loader.

I have been able to extract data which is in Excel file and then I am able to upload to the standard price book and from there I want to move that data to custom price book names pps.

I have been able to load data to the standard price but Everytime I try to move data to the custom price book I get an err meesage in the excel sheet along with other data.

Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0SIAW Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0TIAW

Guys can any one of you tell me why am I getting this error what is that I am not doing correctly.Please help

Thanks,

Trick 12

Hi Friends,

I have etracted some data from one instance and i am trying to upload in another through data loader.

I have been able to extract data which is in Excel file and then I am able to upload to the standard price book and from there I want to move that data to custom price book names pps.

I have been able to load data to the standard price but Everytime I try to move data to the custom price book I get an err meesage in the excel sheet along with other data.

Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0SIAW Product ID: id value of incorrect type: 01uC0000006HL0TIAW

Guys can any one of you tell me why am I getting this error what is that I am not doing correctly.Please help.

Thanks,

Trick12

Hi Friends,

Can we assign text field and number fields to record types or we can only assign picklist values to record layouts.Please help soon

Thanks,

Trick 

• February 17, 2011

Hi guys,

I have couple of record types on account object. Is there a way to create a field  and assign it to a partiular record type.

Please guys I need to know about it urgently.Can somebody please let me know how to go about it.?ck

Thanks,

Trick

• February 17, 2011

Hi Friends, 

When we move from SFDC 2 SFDC and we have to create profiles,roles etc .What all we need to consider while making roles in the new salesforce.I know we have to create heirarchy,create same sharing rules which were there in the other instance.what else do we need to condider while doing SFDC 2 SFDC migration as far as roles are concerned.

Thanks,

Trick

• February 09, 2011

Hi Friends,

I have some simple questions.

1)When u join some organization,you are assigned sandbox login credentials.When they move you to another project they give you new sandbox login credentials or u have to use previous credentials.

2)Do we get another login credentials for the production.

3)To do coding,testing and putting it to the production .How many login credentials we need to have.For example,sandbox,production what else

Please help me as I am new to salesforce and I am trying to learn it

• February 03, 2011

Hi Friends,

As far as I know from this forum,constructor gets fired as soon as browser loads the page.If that is correct then I should be able to invoke getgreetings getter method and see greeting message .However,I get an error message

System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Account.Name.

My question is if the constructor has been executed when the page has been loaded then I should be able to invoke grettings getter method and see results.

As per me constructor has retreived account record in the current context and passed it to the acct variable and then I am accessing the name field in the getter method.But when I invoke getter method in the visual page then I get the above exception.Why.Your suggestions are most welcome   

public class myControllerExtension {

private final Account acct;

// The extension constructor initializes the private member  

// variablae acct by using the getRecord method from the standard  

// controller.  

public myControllerExtension(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.acct = (Account)stdController.getRecord();
    }

public String getGreeting() {
        return 'Hello ' + acct.name + ' (' + acct.id + ')';
    }
}

<apex:page standardcontroller="account" extensions="mycontrollerextension" >

I have invoked the greeting getter method by invoking{!greeting}; 

• January 27, 2011

Hi Friends ,
Can somebody please explain lines in red.I need to understand the functionality.For example,what kind of value will  value="{!account.contacts}" have. Is it retrieving account or contact information etc.
<apex:page standardController="account">
    <apex:pageblock title="Hello {!$user.firstname}">
    You are displaying contact from the {!account.name}account.
    click contact's name to view his or her details.
    <apex:pageblock title="contacts">
        <apex:form>
            <apex:datatable value="{!account.contacts}" var="contact" cellpadding="4" border="1">
                <apex:column>
                    <apex:commandlink rerender="detail">
                        {!contact.name}
                        <apex:param name="cid" value="{!contact.id}"/>
                    </apex:commandlink>
              </apex:column>
            </apex:datatable>
         </apex:form>
      <apex:outputpanel id="detail">
          <apex:detail subject="{!$currentpage.parameters.cid}" relatedlist="false" title="false"/>
      </apex:outputpanel>       

Thanks,

Trick

• January 25, 2011

Hi friends ,
I do not see detail page and its related lists when I run below given code.How do I see contact detail page and its related lists..I am specifying contactID in the URL Please help?
<apex:page standardcontroller="contact">
<apex:pageblock Title="hello{!$User.FirstName}!">
  Hello {!$User.FirstName}
  <apex:detail subject="{!contact.ownerid}" relatedList="true" title="false"/>

• January 23, 2011