• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I know this should be simple but for some reason I cant get it to work.

The syntax checker keeps telling me that the last 3 on the opp owner id are "extra"

I am trying to set up an email workflow rule to send an email when opportunities with specific owners have the close date changed. Here is what I have

OwnerId =xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OR Ownerid = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OR Ownerid = xxxxxxxxxxxxxx OR Ownerid = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  AND ISCHANGED(CloseDate )

Thanks in advance

Working under the contact records attached to accounts.

We are using a field "contact types" that currently has choices primary or key.  We want only one contact to be chosen as the key contact.  I am attempting to use a validation rule so that if there are x number of contacts under account "a" only one of them may be indicated as the key contact.  If a second one is chosen, it will not allow saving but force the user to remove the other key contact before saving can occur.

I trying to use cross-Object formulas for this but have not been able to get it to work.  I have setup a lookup field in the account already.  This looks up the account's contacts who are marked as key contacts and will only allow their names to be added to the field.

We are on Professional.  Key Contact is set up as a check box as is Primary Contact.  Default is unchecked and it is not a required field.  I could not get the lookup in the accounts to find a picklist field or I would have set it up that way.

I should have let you know I tried in the validation rule the fomula below with no luck.  I have also tried Roll up summary in accounts but do not have the option for contacts, only opportunities.

Account.Key_ASA_Contact1__r.Key_Contact__c =True

I know this should be simple but for some reason I cant get it to work.

The syntax checker keeps telling me that the last 3 on the opp owner id are "extra"

I am trying to set up an email workflow rule to send an email when opportunities with specific owners have the close date changed. Here is what I have

OwnerId =xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OR Ownerid = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OR Ownerid = xxxxxxxxxxxxxx OR Ownerid = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  AND ISCHANGED(CloseDate )

Thanks in advance

On the opportunity page I would like to take the value of one field (Revenue) then subtract the value of another field (Gross Profit).  My new field will be Margin percentage and would be the Revenue minus Gross Profit divided by Revenue minus one.  What is the formula I need to add.

Working under the contact records attached to accounts.

We are using a field "contact types" that currently has choices primary or key.  We want only one contact to be chosen as the key contact.  I am attempting to use a validation rule so that if there are x number of contacts under account "a" only one of them may be indicated as the key contact.  If a second one is chosen, it will not allow saving but force the user to remove the other key contact before saving can occur.

I trying to use cross-Object formulas for this but have not been able to get it to work.  I have setup a lookup field in the account already.  This looks up the account's contacts who are marked as key contacts and will only allow their names to be added to the field.

We are on Professional.  Key Contact is set up as a check box as is Primary Contact.  Default is unchecked and it is not a required field.  I could not get the lookup in the accounts to find a picklist field or I would have set it up that way.

I should have let you know I tried in the validation rule the fomula below with no luck.  I have also tried Roll up summary in accounts but do not have the option for contacts, only opportunities.

Account.Key_ASA_Contact1__r.Key_Contact__c =True