• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

Does any one have any idea about this.

I want to refresh/ reload my pageblock after regular interval. To get the new data/record form the WSDL.

Pleae revert back in case you can help or you need clarifications in this

Hey everyone.

I have two pages where I'm trying to use ActionStatus and I'm running into some issues that I haven't been able to find solutions for.

Situation: I have two VF pages. Page1 is loaded through a custom link on the Opportunity. This page does some custom validation and only displays if there's an apex message. Otherwise, Page1 goes straight to Page2.

On this page, I want to be able display my ActionStatus as the page is loading and doing it's own validation. I've looked through the options, but it doesn't appear there's a way I can call the status against the Apex : page component - or through an event ="onload" in ActionPoller or ActionSupport.

Page2 I have a different issue. I have two buttons taht I want to use the same status. Button1 just refreshes the page. I've successfully gotten the status to work on this. Button2 calls a big method that ultimately returns to the Opportunity - but it can take some time. I have button2 call my status but it never appears. I know the status is working because it works when I use Button1

So to try something different, I removed the status from Button1, and the Action from Button2. The status then loads when using button2. If I had status back to button1 - the Status only works for one of the buttons (Button2). I thought this meant that the status can only be used once, so I removed Status from Button1 and put the action back in Button2. But I still don't get my status with button2.

so questions:

1. How can I get my action status to appear as Page1 is loading?

2. Is there's limitations or restrictions on the number of components able to use the same actionStatus?

3. Is there particularly controller activities that won't show an actionStatus? (My controller is creating an attachment, sending an email, attaching the Attachment to the Opportunity, creating an activity, saving a field on the opportunity and then returns to the Opportunity page).

Is there an easy way to only display the Time of a DateTime object in VisualForce?

Also is there an easy way to display the Day-of-the-week like 'Friday' in VisualForce?

Currently, I'm using a switch statement taken from the pdf on Formulas, but am wondering if there is a better method:

{!CASE(MOD( TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),0, "Sunday",1, "Monday",2, "Tuesday",3, "Wednesday",4, "Thursday",5, "Friday",6, "Saturday", "Error")}

Thanks

Parker