• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello folks,

Is there a way to override the 'Share' button on the chatter window ? Im trying to find a way to enable chatter for our Org and make it available for only certain profiles. Looks like there is no straight forward way to do this. This being the case, if I can override the share button or if I can find a way to write a trigger on 'SHARE' , I can display user friendly warnings to the profiles that are not allowed to use Chatter.

Appreciate your thoughts folks.

Hi there,

Im working on a project to send messages from Salesforce.com to our internal java based webservices. Our company has firewalls configured and hence would like to know what is the general practise in connecting Salesforce to an internal application ? I mean will I need to create a public IP and use that only in the apex code that would be making the webservice call or is it sufficient if I just add my internal application WS URL to the Remote Site settings on the setup menu.

I truly appreciate guidance and help with this questions.

Thanks in advance,

Mirarun

Hello folks,

Is there a way to override the 'Share' button on the chatter window ? Im trying to find a way to enable chatter for our Org and make it available for only certain profiles. Looks like there is no straight forward way to do this. This being the case, if I can override the share button or if I can find a way to write a trigger on 'SHARE' , I can display user friendly warnings to the profiles that are not allowed to use Chatter.

Appreciate your thoughts folks.

Hi there,

Im working on a project to send messages from Salesforce.com to our internal java based webservices. Our company has firewalls configured and hence would like to know what is the general practise in connecting Salesforce to an internal application ? I mean will I need to create a public IP and use that only in the apex code that would be making the webservice call or is it sufficient if I just add my internal application WS URL to the Remote Site settings on the setup menu.

I truly appreciate guidance and help with this questions.

Thanks in advance,

Mirarun