• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to develop a number of forms that a portal user can input data, save and return to the same form at a later date.

The problem I'm experiencing is how to pre-fill the form with the answers they have already given. This is easy to achieve in a VF page or using the visual flow.

I thought it would be the same for site.com forms but I cant see any feature to call a record lookup and pre=populate the form fields.

help!

I want to create a web interface that allows a customer to login and view their SF record. I will manually create the users using their first name and the unique key assigned to their record in SF as their password. When they click login, this will run a query and match up their unique key with their SF record and thus show all the fields i want them to see in the web interface. Once the user is setup, everything is dynamically created on the web interface

Is this logical way to do it?

If someone could point me in the right direction as to which API to use that sould be great.

I am knowledgable at PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and also use JavaScript and Jquery as our website runs on WordPress, So if I could use my PHP skill to this advantage it would be great.

Hello all,

Has anyone written code to calculate Internal Rate of Return using Apex?

Erik

I can't for the life of me grasp the concept of test methods. 

I have a very basic class that deactivates specific users but i don't know how to write a test method for it.

global class deactivateAccount {

webservice static String deactivateUserAccount(){

String myResult; // define the result that will be returned

Integer countUsers = 0; // count the updated users

List<User> myUsers = [

SELECT u.Profile.Name, u.isActive

FROM User u

WHERE u.Profile.Name = 'test' and u.IsActive = TRUE

];

for (User aUser: myUsers){

aUser.IsActive = FALSE;

countUsers++;

}

update myUsers;

return 'done: ' + countUsers;

}

}

How do I test this? Can someone EXPLAIN what i'd be testing.

Thank you!

Message Edited by Sergiu on 03-04-2010 10:32 PM
  • March 05, 2010

Does anyone know how I'd go about creating a trigger to convert a lead to an account contact and oppty, based upon a field in the lead?  For example, A lead score of > 30, I'd like to trigger the lead to automatically convert, and kick off a notification email. 

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

Chris

Hey Excel Connector Peoples,

Can someone tell me how I can have the Excel Connector update a salesforce field (such as "Actual Cost") to be blank instead of "$0".

When I attempt to update the cell with a space, I get an error, and if I merely update a cell with the contents deleted, it ends up getting updated as "$0".

Since I know that I can update the records with these field values to be blank from within Salesforce, I know that it must be possible. I just can't manage to make the Excel Connector do it.

Other things that I have tried:

-Updating with "" in the cell, which yields a data type mismatch error
-Change the cell format from currency to "general" and to "text" which still yields no positive result
-Updating with "(null)" in the cell which yields a type mismatch

Thanks!

IW
  • February 15, 2007