• PaaS Architect
  • DESK Ventures

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Great Apex developer opportunity with Fitbit.  Looking for deep back-end Apex expertise to lead technical integration of SFDC with in-house CS, sales and marketing systems.  Must be able to work in San Francisco.  Check it out here:  https://www.fitbit.com/jobs/search#jobs/oyNa1fwg
  • September 04, 2015
Trailhead is a great addition to the SFDC learning platform.  And given SFDC's long-standing tradition of supporting standards and cross-platform integration, I think it would be really neat if the Trailhead badge infrastructure was built on top of the Open Badge Alliance (http://openbadges.org/) OBI standard.  Then SFDC badge earners could have many more ways to make their accomplishments visible externally.

What do you think?   
  • January 28, 2015

I'm looking for some pointers on geolocating within an SFDC Apex custom application.  Specifically, I want to link an instance of one custom object with an instance of another custom object based on a geolocation computation each object's address.  Think matching a customer to the nearest store, given an address for the customer and a list of store addresses. 

It doesn't look like SFDC has gotten around to any Apex-specific geocoding / query methods, but maybe I'm wrong or missed something.

Alternatively, has anyone had any luck doing something like the above via webservice calls from Apex to external (3rd party or role-your-own) geo services?  If so, any general guidelines for architecture/implementation?

Thx for any pointers.

• April 19, 2011

We allow customers to self-register for classes.  A registration requires collecting about 50 data points, which map to Account, Contact and Opportunity objects. Often we already have a Lead or Account instance created for the individual submitting the application, but sometimes we don't.

My question:  What's the best way to handle the capture of application web form data in SFDC?  One obvious way is to use the built-in Web to Lead capability.  But since we already have an Account with an email address, so conceptually a second approach could be to simply find the associated Account instance and update Account Contact fields, and create a new related Opportunity instance.  But is this approach a) reasonably doable in Apex and b) any better than creating a new new and then "converting" it?

Any other approaches / best practices we could consider for scenarios like this?

• March 02, 2011

Assume an SFDC instance in each of 3 global regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC).  A 4th SFDC instance sits in marketing.  I want to automatically route Leads that get created in the Marketing SFDC to 1 of the 3 regional SFDC instances.   I have SF2SF up and confirmed working on all 4 instances, and I can manually click the "Externally Share" button on a Lead detail page and get it to show up on a regional SFDC instance. 

Questions:

1)  Would a trigger + APEX code be the best way to automate external sharing?  If so, any pointers to sample code for triggering the SF2SF external sharing would be most welcome.

2)  I need to set the Record Type in the regional SFDC instance to something different than that of the marketing instance.  Is that possible?

Thx.

• February 15, 2011
Trailhead is a great addition to the SFDC learning platform.  And given SFDC's long-standing tradition of supporting standards and cross-platform integration, I think it would be really neat if the Trailhead badge infrastructure was built on top of the Open Badge Alliance (http://openbadges.org/) OBI standard.  Then SFDC badge earners could have many more ways to make their accomplishments visible externally.

What do you think?   
  • January 28, 2015

What do you think?   
  • January 28, 2015