• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'd love to be able to follow opportunities based on a combination of Amount and the Stage of the opportunity....but can see (I think) that this would require the apex code to be tweaked. Sadly I am not a developer so don't know code, and (currently) our web developer is not Salesforce-trained.

Just wondering whether a) this would indeed be just a tweak or is this something major and b) if it is something quite small to do - does anyone have any suggested code that I could pretty much copy and paste into the existing code? I can be logical if things need a small change but as above, don't know code.

We have Professional Edition. I have been experimenting with this amazing application Cloud Swarm 3 and I noticed something. If I am not using the standard opportunity fields Type or Amount this is pretty useless to me.  We have custom fields in place of the Amount and Type fields. Is there a way to pull in our own custom fields to work with Swarm? Thanks.

Hi,

We have a Lead Swarm Rule with the criteria of "Only Leads owned by my direct reports" and the CEO set to follow the records. I am in the next role below the CEO and our sales rep is in another role directly below the CEO.

The CEO and I are both system administrators and the sales rep has a custom marketing user profile with read access to all swarm objects. We are using Enterprise edition.

When I create a new lead, I am the only one following it. I can edit and save any lead and the CEO does not swarm the record. The same happens when the sales rep creates or edits a lead. The CEO is not swarming any leads.

We have a Case rule for all cases and the CEO is swarming those just fine. The CEO is only following 271 records in Salesforce so he is not hitting the 500 limit.

Am I missing something on the lead swarm rule?

Thanks for your help,

George

Is Cloud Swarm 3 TLS encryption being updated to TLS 1.1 or 1.2 so that it meets Salesforce.com's announced encryption protocol change? 

Loving Cloud Swarm, just customized the unmanaged package to set up auto-follow rules for a custom object. I'm not really a developer, but a curious admin who can look at some code, sort of understand what it's saying/doing, and perform slight maniuplations to customize it.

Before I go down this road, I'm hoping someone can tell me whether this is possible and, if so, if it's relatively simple to do using the existing code in the Cloud Swarm package. I'd like to set up auto-follow rules for Files that are uploaded to custom object records that users own.

EXAMPLE:

• We have a custom object called "Producer Record."
  • I own the Producer Report record, "January 2013 Commission Report."
  • A PDF file is uploaded to the January 2013 Commission Report record.
  • I auto-follow the PDF file according to criteria established in the Cloud Swarm app.

Possible?

• October 10, 2013

Hi,

i have few questions Regarding Cloud Swarm3. Can anyone please answer:-

1. Can we follow the Records of the Objects(Custom, Standard) other than Leads, Cases, and Opportunities?

2. While creating Rule through Wizard Tab we can choose the specific multiple Users for that Rule but there we can't have multiple filter criterias for Records. and our requirement is to create Case Swarm Rule and need filter on Case Status, Case Priority and Case Type and also want to select multiple users for that. Can we do this and How?

3. Can we use any other filter other than that mentioned while Creating Swarm  Rule?

Hi,

I'd love to be able to follow opportunities based on a combination of Amount and the Stage of the opportunity....but can see (I think) that this would require the apex code to be tweaked. Sadly I am not a developer so don't know code, and (currently) our web developer is not Salesforce-trained.

Just wondering whether a) this would indeed be just a tweak or is this something major and b) if it is something quite small to do - does anyone have any suggested code that I could pretty much copy and paste into the existing code? I can be logical if things need a small change but as above, don't know code.

I can't see the + for adding individual users, when setting up which users should auto-follow opportunities - have I done something wrong when installing this package? I can only add and remove all users.

Sofia

• August 13, 2013

Hello,

Almost every day, we use the trigger text #AF to make users in our org auto-follow records. It was working perfectly fine until this morning...

We don't know what happened but it seems to have stopped working as when we type #AF and share it in the Chatter feed, the list of followers doesn't get updated an says "No followers".

Can you help?:)

Thank you,

Chris.

It looks like there is a way to follow new leads in the Cloud Swarm, but is there a way to have it automatically follow all existing leads?  The issue is that we have thousands of leads and do not want to go back and check all the boxes to follow those leads.  Is there a way so that all leads will be followed, new and pre-existing that are not followed?

Much Thanks.

I installed Chatter Swarm in our Org many months ago. It did not work at the time very well and was posting whenever someone created a task or changed an opportunity name. I uninstalled it a month ago and it continued to post for a few days. I have since created an Apex trigger in my sandbox to post a closed opportunity to Chatter. It worked in the sandbox and only posted the information in my Apex code. I deployed it to my production site and now, whenever someone changes an opportunity name the old Chatter Swarm posts get posted to the Page. I have made my Apex inactive and it still does it. I do not understand why it did not do this in the sandbox. It is not posting my apex because it is still in the chatter swarm app style. Is there someplace this app may not have uninstalled successfully.?

I've installed Cloud Swarm in my test environment and am using the Opportunity Wizard.  I can select the criteria fine but I cannot select specific users for Auto Follow.  The 'Add All' link works but I cannot select (or move) one or several users to be swarmed.

Testing this out, I'm an admin user, ower of an account, created case swarm rule for cases for accounts I own and added my boss, also an SFDC admin, create case, he is not added.  Create rule for All cases, my boss can be added.

Tried the same thing but added some sales guys to swarm.  None could swarm.

I don't understand why?  Is there any kind of set up document or document that says what all settings need to be to have full functionality of cloud swarm?

Yes - it's deployed.  

Thanks for any help.

j-dog

• February 10, 2013

Hi,

I just installed Chatter Swam 3 but I noticed on the wizard I don't have the option to follow opportunties that I own specifically? In our organisation you can own an opp but not necessarily the account which is why I can't use the option Only Opportunities for Accounts I Own. How can I work around this?

Thanks! 

Can Cloud Swarm allow a user to follow a specific record type of a custom object?

If so, should I be installed the managed or unmanaged app?

I am on the Enterprise version of SFDC

Our environment is:

Unlimited Edition

Cloud Swarm 3 (Unmanaged)

Google Chrome

When trying to use the Opportunity Wizard (or any other) it appears that applying a rule is an "all or nothing" decision. Yet, the Cloud Swarm video would indicate that there should be a PLUS sign next to user names to include them in the group the rule impacts. I don't see the + anywhere.

Ideas?

I installed the managed pkg for Cloud Swarm in a sandbox, but don't see a way to either

1) notify someone an Opportunity has been created on an Account for which they are on the Account Team

2) notify someone an Opportunity has been created for an Account they follow in Chatter.

Are either one of those avail by using the managed pkg?

We have multiple people per account, so I want to be able to let everyone else know if RepA has an Opp open.  Also, there are some key accounts that higher level managers follow in Chatter that they would like to know if an Opp has been opened.

Thanks 

Hi,

We have a Lead Swarm Rule with the criteria of "Only Leads owned by my direct reports" and the CEO set to follow the records. I am in the next role below the CEO and our sales rep is in another role directly below the CEO.

The CEO and I are both system administrators and the sales rep has a custom marketing user profile with read access to all swarm objects. We are using Enterprise edition.

When I create a new lead, I am the only one following it. I can edit and save any lead and the CEO does not swarm the record. The same happens when the sales rep creates or edits a lead. The CEO is not swarming any leads.

We have a Case rule for all cases and the CEO is swarming those just fine. The CEO is only following 271 records in Salesforce so he is not hitting the 500 limit.

Am I missing something on the lead swarm rule?

Thanks for your help,

George

I have installed Cloud Swarm onto our Salesforce and am having a lot of difficulty getting it to work the way we need it to work. I have set it up so that a user follows any opportunity for an account that they own. It seems to be only working when either myself (admin) or the user that owns the account creates the opp record.

For example, when I create the record for User A's account, they follow it. When another User creates an opp for User A's account, User A is not following it.

Can you please tell me why?

• July 27, 2011