• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I don't think this is possible in SF, but wanted to ask.  I would like to be able to send customers an email with a link to a document in our SF instance.  However, it prompts for a login and password.  Is there a way to publish some documents online in SF?

I'm trying to figure out where I go to add addtional Account fields when I'm using the New button on the Account lookup screen in Opportunities.  For example:

I start by creating a New Opportunity;

I click on the lookup button next to Account to do a search.

In the search screen there is an option to click the New button to create a new Account.

That screen only has the values: Account Name, Billing Address, City, State, Zip, Country, Phone, Fax, and Website.

How can I add my custom fields to that screen so that the users can fill it out during the process of creating a new Opportunity?

By default there is an option in the New Task window to associate the task with an Account, Contact, etc. using the Related To field.  Then when you select from the Picklist, you can then do a Lookup.

I would like to create a second Related To that would be called Related to Manufacturer.  But otherwise it would function the same as the current Related To field.  You would do a lookup in Account for the specific Manufacturer. 

How do I do that?  I tried creating a custom object in New Task, but there is not a New option.

I created a new object called End User Opportunities.  In it, I created most of the same attributes as in Opportunities.  How do I create the Stage - Probability relationship so that it automatically fills in the appropriate Probability when the Stage is selected?

I'm new to Salesforce so this may be an easy one:

I would like to create a Picklist whose values I can manage in one place but will be included in multiple objects.

For example, I want to create a Picklist called End User Types.

It will have the values: Hospital, Restaurant, University, etc.

I want to add the End User Types picklist  to Account, Opportunities, Leads, and other custom objects. 

Most importantly, I don't want the user to have to do a Lookup of the values.  I want it to look like a regular Picklist within Account, Opportunities, etc.

It will show up as a dropdown.

But I can manage the values in one place rather than creating separate Picklists within each object (Account, Opportunities, etc.)

It seems that I can do this with custom java development, but that is beyond my skillset.  Isn't there another way?

By default there is an option in the New Task window to associate the task with an Account, Contact, etc. using the Related To field.  Then when you select from the Picklist, you can then do a Lookup.

I would like to create a second Related To that would be called Related to Manufacturer.  But otherwise it would function the same as the current Related To field.  You would do a lookup in Account for the specific Manufacturer. 

How do I do that?  I tried creating a custom object in New Task, but there is not a New option.