• Tech Lead
  • MBO Partners

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a live agent chat snapin embedded on our custom application (not a community). I'm trying to pass information to the pre-chat lightning component to prompt the user "Hello {{firstName}}" - prior to initiating chat. I'm aware of the embedded_svc.settings.prepopulatedPrechatFields snippet (however I'm not getting it to work), so I'm wondering if the values passed through are available to my lightning component to use as a variable.

The other usecase I have for this is dynamically rendering the picklist value presented to the user for issue selection.
I have seen a few posts here and there regarding this, but none appear to have a solution for me.

I am attempting to implement keycloak as our authentication provider in our organization wide Salesforce environment. I have an authentication provider setup in Salesforce and a client established in the authentication provider. I open my browser and load the test endpoint from the Salesforce authentication provider setup screen. This redirects me to the auth provider to login. Upon successful login, I get a response from the authentication provider with my state and code. The next endpoint loaded is the error URL from the auth provider configuration within Salesforce with three parameters:
* ErrorCode=No_Openid_Response
* ErrorDescription=Bad+response
* ProviderId={{The ID of the Auth config in SF}}

Everything I'm seeing about the auth response looks correct; I have tried to decode the message to see if there is anything malformed but I haven't been successful in decoding.

I've seen other posts confirming their issue is a self-signed certificate. I've verified the certificate authority on the auth provider is a 'allowed' authority.

The issue appears to be Salesforce rejecting the auth response, but I'm not sure how to debug this let alone solve this.
I believe this is a bug, but turning to the communitiy for confirmation - and to see if there's a better way to submit a bug than pass it through support.

I have a Streaming Push Topic which should push when a datetime field is modified. I have a process builder which updates said datetime field when a collection of other fields are modified. When triggering the push topic through modifying one of those fields, we receive 2 push topics. When triggering the push topic through modifying the datetime field directly, we receive 1 push topic. When converting the process builder to a trigger and updating one of the collection of fields, we receive 1 push topic.

I've groomed the debug logs on the process builder and verified the process builder is only executing one time and does not enter any other process builders. I've deactivated all other process builders on that object and verified the same as well.

It seems there is a bug with push topics when the queried fields are contained in a process builder update.

Has anyone experienced any issues with this as well?
We are trying to enable the multiple SAML configurations on our sandbox. We had a single configuration enabled and confirmed we were able to authenticate. When we enabled the multiple SAML configurations, we noticed the original configuration broke and we are no longer able to authenticate. Did we miss a step - is there work to reconfigure a configuration after enabling or is there a bug in the multiple SAML configurations feature?
This past weekend I went through a deployment and data migration. During the data migration, we accidentally triggered enough internal notifications to reach the governor limit on the Single Email Limit.

Afterwards, we ran into an issue where migrating a table triggered a null pointer exception - this is a side issue we know about where we need to get continuous integration and deployment setup. We wanted to release a hotfix for this bug, but when we went to promote our change to production our test methods failed because they test the process which sends the email and we received the SINGLE_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED error. I can confirm the test and method is written efficiently as we were able to promote to a full sandbox and deploy the next day when the limit was reset.

After opening a ticket with support, I found out this is "working as intended". This baffled me that Salesforce would be designed to run a test against an exceeded limit that was not due to the test itself; I would imagine the test should have run against a clean slate similar to SOQL queries. This makes me wonder whether or not API Limits are reset for testing purposes. I know tests don't count towards that environment's governor limits, so I would expect the inverse as well.

I'm planning on creating an idea to support testing against a clean set of limits, but I wanted to understand why this would be designed this way. I get that only the product manager would truly be able to answer this, but I'm hoping to understand if my logic and process is inconsistent with testing and test method best practices. Salesforce Support suggested increasing governor limits prior to release, but based on the our number of records migrated we would have still hit that limit prior to deploying our hotfix.
I'm taking a stab at the Hybrid SDK trailhead, but I'm getting stuck and not seeing what my installation issue is. I've followed the directions and run forcedroid create. After running the cordova commands, I attempt cordova build android. I starts but gets down to "Resolving Dependencies for com.plugin.gcm.PushHandlerActivity..." and errors out with:
C:\Users\garrettadmin\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\tools\ant\build.xml:573:
 ../../external/cordova/framework resolve to a path with no project.properties f
ile for project C:\Users\gazaino\Projects\TrailHybridApps\MyTrailHybridLocal\plu
gins\com.salesforce\src\android\libs\SalesforceSDK

Total time: 0 seconds

C:\Users\gazaino\Projects\TrailHybridApps\MyTrailHybridLocal\platforms\android\c
ordova\node_modules\q\q.js:126
                    throw e;
                          ^
Error code 1 for command: cmd with args: /s,/c,ant,debug,-f,C:\Users\gazaino\Pro
jects\TrailHybridApps\MyTrailHybridLocal\platforms\android\build.xml,-Dout.dir=a
nt-build,-Dgen.absolute.dir=ant-gen
Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node_modules\cordova\node_
modules\cordova-lib\src\cordova\superspawn.js:139:23)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:110:17)
    at maybeClose (child_process.js:1015:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:1087:5)
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been uninstalling and reinstalling and can't figure out where I'm going wrong.

Looking to see if there is any way to create a flair or badge of your Trailhead progress to put on a profile or web-resume. Very similar to the Stackexchange flair. I'd like peak co-workers curiosity in Trailhead by showing them how awesome (ok still getting there) I am at Salesforce Trailhead.
I'm trying to deploy a destructiveChanges.xml file. I've updated the file name to accomodate the new pre/post function (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/daas/Content/daas_destructive_changes.htm): destructiveChangesPre.xml.

Here are the contents:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <types>
		<members>Activities</members>
		<members>SFDC_Referral_Survey</members>
		<members>Home</members>
		<members>MBO_System</members>
		<members>t_answerType__c</members>
		<members>Case_Assignment__c</members>
		<members>Forecast__c</members>
		<members>Invoice__c</members>
		<members>Landing_Page__c</members>
		<members>Merchandise__c</members>
		<members>t_questionType__c</members>
		<members>Status_Changes__c</members>
		<members>t_surveyInstance__c</members>
		<members>t_surveyResult__c</members>
		<members>t_surveyType__c</members>
		<members>t_metric__c</members>
		<names>CustomTab</names>
	</types>
	<types>
		<members>MBOSystem</members>
		<name>CustomApplicationConsole</name>
	</types>
    <version>33.0</version>
</Package>
The server was just updated to the Summer 15 release (API v 34.0).

I have a package.xml file as described:
    <version>33.0</version>
</Package>

I run the following target via ANT to use the Metadata API:
<target name="vDeployDev1">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.undev1}" password="${sf.pwdev1}" serverurl="${sf.urldev1}" deployRoot="src" rollbackOnError="true" ignoreWarnings="true" checkOnly="true" purgeOnDelete="true"/>
</target>

I authenticate but the deployment fails:
C:\Users\gazaino\Projects\Release_15-5-1>ant vDeployDev1
Buildfile: C:\Users\gazaino\Projects\Release_15-5-1\build.xml

vDeployDev1:
[sf:deploy] Request for a deploy submitted successfully.
[sf:deploy] Request ID for the current deploy task: 0AfM0000008hUi1KAE
[sf:deploy] Waiting for server to finish processing the request...
[sf:deploy] Request Status: InProgress
[sf:deploy] Request Status: Failed

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\gazaino\Projects\Release_15-5-1\build.xml:108:
*********** DEPLOYMENT FAILED ***********
Request ID: 0AfM0000008hUi1KAE

All Component Failures:
1.  package.xml -- Error: Bad file:Element {http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metad
ata}names invalid at this location

If I remove the destructiveChangesPre.xml file from my src folder, it deploys successfully - so I'm assuming the error is in the destructiveChangesPre.xml file.

Is anyone else running into this issue? Is it a bug in the new release? Am I missing something in my deployment files? I copied everything from prior releases where the deployment worked, so I'm assuming it's a bug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anyone on the Metadata product team that can get in touch with me? I've noticed a few issues and would like to confirm if they are issues or not and what the best workaround is. Standard support directs me here.

- Post Templates not retrieved
- Custom Console Components not retrieving the lookup value when the component references itself
- DestructiveChange fails because components don't exist

I couldn't find any of these in known issues or unsupported metadata article.
I believe there is a bug in retrieving the value for SideBarComponent field 'lookup' (https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_layouts.htm#SidebarComponent). We set a console component to look at the current record for a quick reference of fields on that record. When retrieving the Metadata, I noticed the entire container for that console component was missing. The retrieve of a value for a lookup to a related field worked though - i.e. Lead.Account__c was able to be retrieved.

I tried to update the file manually to get it to work, but couldn't figure out the value to pass in for it to reference itself. Salesforce appears to be looking for a field name, and after trying several differnt values ('ThisLead','Lead','Id',NULL) I couldn't get it to work. Any ideas if retrieving that information has a bug or even what the value should be to pass into the file?
This is my first time using the migration tool, so I'm not sure if it's user error or if it's not supported.

I posed a question on StackExchange (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/46154/is-it-possible-to-delete-a-record-type-through-metadata-api/46156?noredirect=1#comment60102_46156) which I'm fairly certain confirms it can be done.

I built a destructiveChanges.xml file which I'm able to successfully deploy without the elements for RecordType. When I add them into the file and deploy, I get an error reading "Error: Cannot delete record type through API". As mentioned in the StackExchange question, the Metadata API guide states "Use this metadata type to create, update, or delete record type definitions for a custom object.", so I'm at a bit of a loss.

I have 4 record types (all for the standard object Case), and they are all inactive and not default for any profiles.

Has anyone ever been able to delete a record type using a destructiveChanges.xml file? Here is my code referencing RecordType:

<types>
	<members>case.Associate_Services</members>
	<members>case.InformationTechnology</members>
	<members>case.Operational</members>
	<members>case.Website</members>
	<name>RecordType</name>
</types>

We are setting up our CTI Adapater, developed by a 3rd party - yes, I know CTI Toolkit is going unsupported Winter 15. We are running into an issue with Person Accounts and wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue or if there is a known issue about this.

It appears the interaction log does not pop up when the soft phone pops up the incoming caller's record. If we navigate directly to the caller, the interaction log is there but not tied to the call.

The adapter does work for leads and contacts, but does not appear to work for Person Accounts. We do have Person Accounts referenced in the Soft Phone page layout.
I am receiving the following errors when I deploy 3 new Knowledge Base Article Types:

File Name: objects/External_QA__kav.object
Full Name: External_QA__kav
Action: NO ACTION
Result: FAILED
Problem: Cannot specify: compactLayoutAssignment for Knowledge Article Type

File Name: objects/Internal_QA__kav.object
Full Name: Internal_QA__kav

File Name: objects/Overview__kav.object
Full Name: Overview__kav

I'm not sure what the error is for nor how to fix it. I've tried building a compact layout for each article type and redeploying and I get the same issue. I am deploying from an Enterprise Edition Developer Sandbox to an Enterprise Edition Full Sandbox - both on Spring 14. I am using the Eclipse IDE (version Kepler) with Salesforce plug-in (version 29).

Any help would be appreciated.

I have been working on Salesforce in my company for the past 3 years, and I am learning to develop. We are getting into organization wide changes that will deploy Salesforce to everyone.

I'm running into issues with deployment at the moment, and I'm sure I will be needing guidance on Apex/Visualforce commands when we decide we want to start adding that. I'm looking for a consultant to assist and guide me in tackling some of these challenges.

We would like to keep this person as a point of contact to answer questions and provide insight; we will most likely want to keep you on retainer or we can negotiate a deal that works for both parties.

You should be familiar with APEX, Visualforce, the Force.com IDE, and Salesforce's Deployment Tool (ANT).

Thanks,

Garrett

I am working to deploy some changes to our metadata - including profile changes. When I go to deploy the only error I'm getting is

File Name:    objects/Idea.object
   Full Name:  Idea.Ideas_Last_7_Days
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: Could not resolve list view column: IDEA.IDEA_THEME

I've tried removing the column, however in the Salesforce UI I am not seeing it. In the IDE, I am.

I've deleted just that column. but a little bit after saving a replica of the standard view appears with the column in it. This creates an issue because of duplicate views as well.

I've tried deleting the entire view, but the same issue occurs - a replica view is added back to the metadata.

This is the one error I'm getting. Anyone know why it's throwing this error, even the server I'm deploying to has this list with the column? Is there any fix here?

I'm trying to create a project and I'm selecting all of my metadata components as initial project conent. However, when I click finish to create the project, the progress bar stalls and stops at "polling server 'server name' for response (23)..."

Is there any fix for this? I am operating behind a firewall.

I am new to development, but learning fast.

I currently have a Prod environment, Dev environment, and creating a Full Test enviornment. I have some Permission Sets in Prod (we needed them immediately to release an App) that I would like to deploy to Dev and Test. I also have Profiles and some more Permission Sets in Dev that I would like to eventually deploy to Test and Prod.

I know change sets does not include the Metadata to deploy the Object Level Security/Field Level Security or the Assign Apps, so I was referred to the IDE to deploy these changes.

I went to the IDE and I saw Profiles as a Metadata Component to add, but I'm not seeing Permission Sets.

My first question is - is the IDE the right tool to deploy Profile and/or Permission Set changes to App Assignments, Object Settings, and System Permissions?

My next question is - Why do I only have Profiles as a choice of Metadata Components to deploy through the IDE?

Another question I will have is how do I push changes from one Organization to another, but I can look that up on my own or research it later.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Garrett

I'm in the process of learning how to develope with Apex and I have a question about a test I'm trying to write for a trigger. I'm finding both don't have any syntax errors or anything but the test has 0% coverage of the trigger. The trigger is pretty basic, based on a status (I have a query for this) update a lookup field (rs_BM__c) with the same record as another lookup field (Enrollment_Manager__c) on the same table (Lead). Here is my Trigger code:

trigger SetBMForTransition on Lead (after update, after insert) {
	for(Lead a : [SELECT Id, Associate_Status__c, rs_BM__c from Lead
					WHERE (Associate_Status__c = 'Pending'
					OR Associate_Status__c='Enrolled' )
					AND rs_BM__c = null] )
					{a.rs_BM__c=a.Enrollment_Manager__c;}
}

Here is my test code:

@isTest
private class SetBMForTransitionTriggerTest {

static testMethod void pendingAndNull() {

//instantiate the data
        List<Lead> inquiries = new List<Lead>();
        My_Biz_Office_User__c a = new My_Biz_Office_User__c();
        a.name='Sara Conde';
        My_Biz_Office_User__c b = new My_Biz_Office_User__c();
        b.name='Nicolette Taylor';
        insert a;
        insert b;	
        for (Integer i = 1; i <=20; i++){
        	inquiries.add(new Lead(FirstName='Test'
        						  ,LastName='Inquiry' + i
        						  ,Enrollment_Manager__c=b.id
        					      ,Status='Inquiry'));
        }
        for(Lead newInquiry : [SELECT id, name, Enrollment_Manager__c, Status
        					   FROM Lead
        					   WHERE Id
        					   IN :inquiries]){
					      		  	insert(newInquiry);
        					   }

//update the data
        for(Lead change : [SELECT id, name, Enrollment_Manager__c, rs_BM__c, Status 
        				   FROM Lead
        				   WHERE Id
        					  	change.Status='Pending';
      	}
        for(Lead newInquiry : [SELECT id, name, Enrollment_Manager__c, Status
        					   FROM Lead
        					   WHERE Id
					      		  	update(newInquiry);
        					   }

//test the data
        for(Lead updated : [SELECT id, name, Enrollment_Manager__c, rs_BM__c 
        					FROM Lead
        					WHERE Id
                				System.assertEquals(updated.rs_BM__c,updated.Enrollment_Manager__c);
    	}
}
}

Thanks in advance - any help would be appreciated

I'm looking for a similar feature in SOQL.

I have a child table where I want to take the value from a field (on each record in that table), and have it search for a matching value on a field from a parent table. The lookup field will most likely be blank.

If it finds a match, it will return selected field values from the parent table.

Here is a start at what I'm thinking, but quite possibly far off.

SELECT Id, fs_questionText__c, fn_order__c, fs_format__c, fs_questionId__c FROM t_questionType__c WHERE fs_questionId__c IN (SELECT fs_questionId__c FROM t_surveyResult__c)

**In this example, I am trying to pull the Id, the question text, the order, the format, and question ID from each record on the Question Type table that has a Question ID that is used in any record on the Survey Results table's Question ID field.**

Is that even possible? I'm afraid it isn't - I've seen some threads and ideas requesting this functionality.

-Garrett

I have a joint object connecting Contacts and Accounts. We are using person accounts, so the connection to contacts is really to connect to Accounts a second time. We are trying to pull the list of Accounts related to a list of contacts via this joint table.

I believe I need to use the child relationship name for this query. Here is the query for the person accounts

SELECT USER_NAME__C,LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME,ASSOCIATE_NUMBER__PC,ASSOCIATE_STATUS__PC,PERSONMAILINGCITY,PERSONMAILINGSTATE,PERSONEMAIL,CLIENTLIST__C,MEMBERSINCE__C,TOTENGAGEMENTS__C,TOTBILLING__C,COMENGAGEMENTS__C,ACTENGAGEMENTS__C FROM Account WHERE (RecordTypeId='012C0000000Q8EyIAK' OR RecordTypeId='012C0000000Q8ExIAK') AND ASSOCIATE_STATUS__PC!='Terminated' AND Associate_Number__PC!=null AND IsDeleted=FALSE

When I include Clients__pr (The child relationship name for Contact [Master] to Joint Object [Child]) in the SOQL query, I get an invalid field error.

Essentially I am looking for a way to have a query of Accounts referenced on this joint table within a query of contacts.

-Thanks much, Garrett

My team is growing in size and am curious on the best approach to source control adoption. We have a good number of apex controllers and rest services.

Does it make sense to just add all apex classes, VF pages, lightning components  to source control
or
start trying to group related metadata to developer controlled packages (DCP) and source control them that way?

Does anyone have any experiences they can share on their integration of source control for their org? What worked well? what didnt?
We have an external login service and, on login success, we want to redirect the users to our app within Salesforce:
https://our-app-name.sf-server.visual.force.com/apex/our-app-homepage

The problem is that the sf-server is arbitratry.
How to fix this? If we redirect to login.salesforce.com, the user still needs to click his username and then open our app within Salesforce.
We'd like to just redirect to our app.
Thanks!
I have seen a few posts here and there regarding this, but none appear to have a solution for me.

I am attempting to implement keycloak as our authentication provider in our organization wide Salesforce environment. I have an authentication provider setup in Salesforce and a client established in the authentication provider. I open my browser and load the test endpoint from the Salesforce authentication provider setup screen. This redirects me to the auth provider to login. Upon successful login, I get a response from the authentication provider with my state and code. The next endpoint loaded is the error URL from the auth provider configuration within Salesforce with three parameters:
* ErrorCode=No_Openid_Response
* ErrorDescription=Bad+response
* ProviderId={{The ID of the Auth config in SF}}

Everything I'm seeing about the auth response looks correct; I have tried to decode the message to see if there is anything malformed but I haven't been successful in decoding.

I've seen other posts confirming their issue is a self-signed certificate. I've verified the certificate authority on the auth provider is a 'allowed' authority.

The issue appears to be Salesforce rejecting the auth response, but I'm not sure how to debug this let alone solve this.
Looking to see if there is any way to create a flair or badge of your Trailhead progress to put on a profile or web-resume. Very similar to the Stackexchange flair. I'd like peak co-workers curiosity in Trailhead by showing them how awesome (ok still getting there) I am at Salesforce Trailhead.
I'm trying to deploy a destructiveChanges.xml file. I've updated the file name to accomodate the new pre/post function (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/daas/Content/daas_destructive_changes.htm): destructiveChangesPre.xml.

Here are the contents:
    <types>
		<members>Activities</members>
		<members>SFDC_Referral_Survey</members>
		<members>Home</members>
		<members>MBO_System</members>
		<members>t_answerType__c</members>
		<members>Case_Assignment__c</members>
		<members>Forecast__c</members>
		<members>Invoice__c</members>
		<members>Landing_Page__c</members>
		<members>Merchandise__c</members>
		<members>t_questionType__c</members>
		<members>Status_Changes__c</members>
		<members>t_surveyInstance__c</members>
		<members>t_surveyResult__c</members>
		<members>t_surveyType__c</members>
		<members>t_metric__c</members>
		<names>CustomTab</names>
	</types>
	<types>
		<members>MBOSystem</members>
		<name>CustomApplicationConsole</name>
	</types>
    <version>33.0</version>
</Package>
The server was just updated to the Summer 15 release (API v 34.0).

I have a package.xml file as described:
    <version>33.0</version>
</Package>

I run the following target via ANT to use the Metadata API:
<target name="vDeployDev1">
      <sf:deploy username="${sf.undev1}" password="${sf.pwdev1}" serverurl="${sf.urldev1}" deployRoot="src" rollbackOnError="true" ignoreWarnings="true" checkOnly="true" purgeOnDelete="true"/>
</target>

I authenticate but the deployment fails:
C:\Users\gazaino\Projects\Release_15-5-1>ant vDeployDev1
Buildfile: C:\Users\gazaino\Projects\Release_15-5-1\build.xml

vDeployDev1:
[sf:deploy] Request for a deploy submitted successfully.
[sf:deploy] Request ID for the current deploy task: 0AfM0000008hUi1KAE
[sf:deploy] Waiting for server to finish processing the request...
[sf:deploy] Request Status: InProgress
[sf:deploy] Request Status: Failed

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\gazaino\Projects\Release_15-5-1\build.xml:108:
Request ID: 0AfM0000008hUi1KAE

All Component Failures:
1.  package.xml -- Error: Bad file:Element {http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metad
ata}names invalid at this location

If I remove the destructiveChangesPre.xml file from my src folder, it deploys successfully - so I'm assuming the error is in the destructiveChangesPre.xml file.

Is anyone else running into this issue? Is it a bug in the new release? Am I missing something in my deployment files? I copied everything from prior releases where the deployment worked, so I'm assuming it's a bug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there anyone on the Metadata product team that can get in touch with me? I've noticed a few issues and would like to confirm if they are issues or not and what the best workaround is. Standard support directs me here.

- Post Templates not retrieved
- Custom Console Components not retrieving the lookup value when the component references itself
- DestructiveChange fails because components don't exist

I couldn't find any of these in known issues or unsupported metadata article.
I believe there is a bug in retrieving the value for SideBarComponent field 'lookup' (https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_layouts.htm#SidebarComponent). We set a console component to look at the current record for a quick reference of fields on that record. When retrieving the Metadata, I noticed the entire container for that console component was missing. The retrieve of a value for a lookup to a related field worked though - i.e. Lead.Account__c was able to be retrieved.

I tried to update the file manually to get it to work, but couldn't figure out the value to pass in for it to reference itself. Salesforce appears to be looking for a field name, and after trying several differnt values ('ThisLead','Lead','Id',NULL) I couldn't get it to work. Any ideas if retrieving that information has a bug or even what the value should be to pass into the file?
We are setting up our CTI Adapater, developed by a 3rd party - yes, I know CTI Toolkit is going unsupported Winter 15. We are running into an issue with Person Accounts and wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar issue or if there is a known issue about this.

It appears the interaction log does not pop up when the soft phone pops up the incoming caller's record. If we navigate directly to the caller, the interaction log is there but not tied to the call.

The adapter does work for leads and contacts, but does not appear to work for Person Accounts. We do have Person Accounts referenced in the Soft Phone page layout.

I have been working on Salesforce in my company for the past 3 years, and I am learning to develop. We are getting into organization wide changes that will deploy Salesforce to everyone.

I'm running into issues with deployment at the moment, and I'm sure I will be needing guidance on Apex/Visualforce commands when we decide we want to start adding that. I'm looking for a consultant to assist and guide me in tackling some of these challenges.

We would like to keep this person as a point of contact to answer questions and provide insight; we will most likely want to keep you on retainer or we can negotiate a deal that works for both parties.

You should be familiar with APEX, Visualforce, the Force.com IDE, and Salesforce's Deployment Tool (ANT).

Thanks,

Garrett

I'm trying to create a project and I'm selecting all of my metadata components as initial project conent. However, when I click finish to create the project, the progress bar stalls and stops at "polling server 'server name' for response (23)..."

Is there any fix for this? I am operating behind a firewall.

I am new to development, but learning fast.

I currently have a Prod environment, Dev environment, and creating a Full Test enviornment. I have some Permission Sets in Prod (we needed them immediately to release an App) that I would like to deploy to Dev and Test. I also have Profiles and some more Permission Sets in Dev that I would like to eventually deploy to Test and Prod.

I know change sets does not include the Metadata to deploy the Object Level Security/Field Level Security or the Assign Apps, so I was referred to the IDE to deploy these changes.

I went to the IDE and I saw Profiles as a Metadata Component to add, but I'm not seeing Permission Sets.

My first question is - is the IDE the right tool to deploy Profile and/or Permission Set changes to App Assignments, Object Settings, and System Permissions?

My next question is - Why do I only have Profiles as a choice of Metadata Components to deploy through the IDE?

Another question I will have is how do I push changes from one Organization to another, but I can look that up on my own or research it later.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Garrett

Hi

I have an apex:outputLink field inside a table cell.

I set the value to: www.mysite.com but when I press the link I get directed to https://c.na12.visual.force.com/apex/www.mysite.com

I can't understand why this is happening and how to fix it.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

Oded

• July 18, 2011

Hello,

I am trying to deploy a new application from eclipse to server. In the salesforce source Development edition I can see this application, but if I try to refresh this application from server to Eclipse I find in the folder src/applications all other applications but not this one and surely my deployment fails because of the missing application. Probably this problem is linked with another problem: in eclipse the related package.xml shows the warning: Refresh error: Cannot retrieve documents in a user's private folder; move the document to a named folder.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Harry

Is it possible to override standard field labels and make standard fields not required on page layouts?  For example, can the Opportunity Close Date field label be modified and not required?

Thanks.