• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi , I have a trigger on opportunities after update, in the trigger am trying to get the Account object as follow:

for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {

acc=o.Account;

}

but the acc object is always null while the oportunity am updating has parent acount, whats wrong?

• March 03, 2013

Hi , am writing an apex trigger in which I need to validate the account name if already exist before insertion... so this trigger event will be "before insert" on "Account" object... my question is there is a way from the trigger to stop the insertion process and rase an error or warning to the user that this account name already exist?

• November 28, 2011

I have some "System.debug" statement in my apex class.. where can I see the output of these statements after executing the class?

• June 23, 2011

Hi , where can i find the documentation on how to write unit test for my apex classes and triggers?

• June 07, 2011

Hi, am running a future method in a pex class , I call this method in trigger after opportunity update, here is the trigger:

Trigger test on Opportunity(after update) {
  OppDateTest.updateOppDate();
  }

and here is the class and the future method am calling:

global class OppDateTest{

@future(callout=true)
  public static void updateOppDate() {

Http h = new Http();

// Instantiate a new HTTP request, specify the method (GET) as well as the endpoint  
    String url='http://xxx.xxx.com/xxx/xxx.php';
    HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
    req.setEndpoint(url);
    req.setMethod('GET');

// Send the request, and return a response  

HttpResponse res = h.send(req);
    String str=res.getBody();

Opportunity[] opp = [SELECT id, name FROM Opportunity where name='test'];
    for (Opportunity o : opp) {
     o.description = str;
      update o;

}

}

}

but am getting this error whever the trigger fires:

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void updateOppDate()' on class 'OppDateTest' for job id '707M0000000E4PF'

caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 006M00000026BVNIA2; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, cloudswarm.opptySwarm: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.AsyncException: Future method cannot be called from a future method: cloudswarm.SwarmHelper.evaluateOpptyRules(LIST<Id>)

(cloudswarm): []

Class.OppDateTest.updateOppDate: line 22, column 7
External entry point
Any idead why is this and what does this error mean?
  • May 08, 2011

I have an apex code in which am using the HTTP class to call a PHP page in external server and getting the following error all the time: "Invalid HTTP method"

when I open the page in a web broswer it opens and I can see the output so why am geting this error in the apex class , any idea?

• May 04, 2011

Hi, am writing a visualforce page and using the <apex:iframe> tag the src attribute .. I need to encode the URL am passing in the src ..how can I do so?

• May 04, 2011

Hi Am trying to do soem HTTp callouts from an apex triger but when itest it fires I get the error:

contact your administrator Callout from triggers are currently not supported

whats this? any idea?

• May 02, 2011

Hi, I created a visualforce page and mapped it to opportunity object ... in some scenario I want to update the value of one field in the opportunity object from this visualforce page so what apex tag should I use? Is there anyway to do so?

• April 21, 2011

Hi , I have a trigger on opportunities after update, in the trigger am trying to get the Account object as follow:

for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {

acc=o.Account;

}

but the acc object is always null while the oportunity am updating has parent acount, whats wrong?

• March 03, 2013

Hi , am writing an apex trigger in which I need to validate the account name if already exist before insertion... so this trigger event will be "before insert" on "Account" object... my question is there is a way from the trigger to stop the insertion process and rase an error or warning to the user that this account name already exist?

• November 28, 2011

I have some "System.debug" statement in my apex class.. where can I see the output of these statements after executing the class?

• June 23, 2011

Hi , where can i find the documentation on how to write unit test for my apex classes and triggers?

• June 07, 2011

Hi, am running a future method in a pex class , I call this method in trigger after opportunity update, here is the trigger:

Trigger test on Opportunity(after update) {
  OppDateTest.updateOppDate();
  }

and here is the class and the future method am calling:

global class OppDateTest{

@future(callout=true)
  public static void updateOppDate() {

Http h = new Http();

// Instantiate a new HTTP request, specify the method (GET) as well as the endpoint  
    String url='http://xxx.xxx.com/xxx/xxx.php';
    HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
    req.setEndpoint(url);
    req.setMethod('GET');

// Send the request, and return a response  

HttpResponse res = h.send(req);
    String str=res.getBody();

Opportunity[] opp = [SELECT id, name FROM Opportunity where name='test'];
    for (Opportunity o : opp) {
     o.description = str;
      update o;

}

}

}

but am getting this error whever the trigger fires:

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void updateOppDate()' on class 'OppDateTest' for job id '707M0000000E4PF'

caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 006M00000026BVNIA2; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, cloudswarm.opptySwarm: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.AsyncException: Future method cannot be called from a future method: cloudswarm.SwarmHelper.evaluateOpptyRules(LIST<Id>)

(cloudswarm): []

Class.OppDateTest.updateOppDate: line 22, column 7
External entry point
Any idead why is this and what does this error mean?
  • May 08, 2011

I have an apex code in which am using the HTTP class to call a PHP page in external server and getting the following error all the time: "Invalid HTTP method"

when I open the page in a web broswer it opens and I can see the output so why am geting this error in the apex class , any idea?

• May 04, 2011

Hi, am writing a visualforce page and using the <apex:iframe> tag the src attribute .. I need to encode the URL am passing in the src ..how can I do so?

• May 04, 2011

Hi Am trying to do soem HTTp callouts from an apex triger but when itest it fires I get the error:

contact your administrator Callout from triggers are currently not supported

whats this? any idea?

• May 02, 2011

Hi, I created a visualforce page and mapped it to opportunity object ... in some scenario I want to update the value of one field in the opportunity object from this visualforce page so what apex tag should I use? Is there anyway to do so?

• April 21, 2011