• 15 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am getting this error in a Apex/Visualforce page/controller.

Unable to retrieve object

I am trying to use Page.PageName.getContent() in my controller. This code works well and fails randomly for this error, with same inputs and same state.

Please suggest a fix, tried searching on discussion boards, its mentioned that this error only comes in Apex test cases. But for me its coming in normal visualforce page controllers, and the pain is its coming randomly.

Please help !

Hello all,

We are building an app in which one of the pages requires information submitted by the user. So we have set a few "input fields" in the vf page so the user can enter the information.

Problem is that the input fields are not rendering, they are showing as visible and does not allow to input. We checked the field accesibility and security of the fields, so they are accesible to such profile and also verified that the public profile has read, edit, delet on the object permission.

Any ideas on what may be the problem? Or what else we could check? Thanks folks!

Here is the code

<apex:tab id="tab_cliente_actual" label="Cliente X" title="Cliente X" rendered="{!is_cliente==true}">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageblock >
<apex:pageBlockSection id="cliente_data" title="Datos del cliente">
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >Nombre del Cliente: <apex:inputField value="{!current_cliente.name}"/></apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
<p>
<apex:commandButton value="GUARDAR CLIENTE" action="{!guardar_datos}">
<apex:actionSupport event="onclic" rerender="tab_granjas"/> 
</apex:commandButton> 
</p>
</apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:pageBlockSection id="block_granjas" title="Granjas">

<apex:pageblock >
<div id="results">
<h2>Lista de granjas</h2>
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Granjas_list}" var="p" id="results2"> 

<apex:column value="{!p.Name}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Acciones" >

<apex:commandLink value="ver" action="{!go_granja}">
<apex:actionSupport event="onclic" rerender="tab_panel"/> 
<apex:param name="id" assignTo="{!current_id}" value="{!p.Id}" /> 
</apex:commandLink>
</apex:column> 
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</div> 
</apex:pageblock> 
</apex:pageBlockSection> 
</apex:pageblock>
<apex:commandButton value="RETORNAR A CLIENTES" action="{!go_start}">
</apex:commandButton> 
</apex:form>
</apex:tab>

Hi,

We have a process where customers need to submitted / upload scanned documents via a force.com app

Is it possible to store the documents externally via Google Docs OR Amazon S3 services?

There will be 100's of jpg scanned docs per week uploaded via the application.

Appreciate any advise on best practice.

Many thanks

Matt

• March 08, 2011

So we have an AppExchange app that does all sorts of cool things when a standard Salesforce record (Opportunity, for instance) is inserted, updated, or deleted. However, some of the cool stuff that we're trying to do is breaking batch jobs that our customers run on a regular basis. I won't go into the gory details, suffice it to say that I'd like to be able to detect when my code is running in a Batch Apex context and branch into some different logicy if that is true. I've scoured the Apex documentation and the web, but I can't figure out a reliable way to detect the fact that I'm running in a Batch Apex context. Does anyone know how that might be done?

I can't find a way to find accounts whose value from a picklist START WITH a particular string. That forces me to check for all the possible values that start with it. E.g. we have Merchant: Active, Merchant: Prospective, Merchant: Committed.

It also means the code won't be forward-compatible if we add another Merchant type.

Is there no way to query for all that start with "Merchant", or even INCLUDE "Merchant" would be better than hard-coding all possibilities.