• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I have a timebased workflow (time trigger) created after 1 hour of a date field on a record.

It's not firing on exact time. If you see the screeshot the time it should fire is 12:04 PM but now it's 12:12 but it's still not fired.

It's taking 15 to 30 mins and sometimes more to fire and doing the action.

Screenshot

Is it queued and it's not exact time all the time? I am doing this in a DE org. Is it the issue?

In production environment will it work fine?

Thanks for your help,

RK

Hi,

I have a scenario where a Case owner who is part of the Approval Queue is able to approve the Case.

I want to prevent that from Happening and i am having tough time to Validate that.

It seems we cannot call Validation rule while someone is approving a record. So that is ruled out.

I started coding trigger for Case, where i try to capture the event of someone approving the Case but not able

to get any pointers how to proceed.

Please help.

Thanks,

RK

Hi,

I have a scenario where a Case owner who is part of the Approval Queue is able to approve the Case.

I want to prevent that from Happening and i am having tough time to Validate that.

It seems we cannot call Validation rule while someone is approving a record. So that is ruled out.

I started coding trigger for Case, where i try to capture the event of someone approving the Case but not able

to get any pointers how to proceed.

Please help.

Thanks,

RK

Hi,

I have a requirement to check if a XML paramter Node contians certain text and if so to replace it.  

With the following code for example.  I would need to replace the content I get via 

arrayOfActionTypeNode.getText()

for(String parameterName : this.paramterMap.keySet()) {
       arrayOfFieldTypeNode = this.paramterMap.get(parameterName).toXML(arrayOfFieldTypeNode);
        if (parameterName.contains('AccountID')) {
            System.debug('AccountIDVal=' + this.paramterMap.get(parameterName));
            System.debug('arrayOfFieldTypeNode=' + arrayOfFieldTypeNode);
            System.debug('nameVal=' + arrayOfFieldTypeNode.getName());
            System.debug('textVal=' + arrayOfFieldTypeNode.getText());
     }
}

I tried it with 

arrayOfActionTypeNode.getText().put('test') but a similar function is not available. 

If I want to update the text in the parameter do I need to delete the attribute or child first via removeAttribute/removeChild and create a new one, or is there a simpler way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

When will Force.com IDE version 21 be available for Eclipse?

I found it nowhere. Is it available then can anyone post the link from where i can update it?

I went to check updates from force.com startup page in eclipse but i am not getting the latest IDE.

I want to use contentdocumentLink object released in spring11 which is available for API version 21 but cannot use it in eclipse because of IDE version 20.

Simply put the following formula into a formula field of type "Text":

Id
& MID("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ012345",(
    IF(FIND(MID(Id,1,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,1,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,2,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,2,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,3,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,4,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,4,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,8,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,5,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,16,0)
    )+1,1)
    IF(FIND(MID(Id,6,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,1,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,7,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,2,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,8,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,4,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,9,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,8,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,10,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,16,0)
    )+1,1)
    IF(FIND(MID(Id,11,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,1,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,12,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,2,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,13,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,4,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,14,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,8,0)
    +IF(FIND(MID(Id,15,1), "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")>0,16,0)
    )+1,1)

This is an optimized version of the code example "BPS: 18 digit external ID within the UI" you can find on the Online Help, but unlike the example provided there, it is small enough to fit into a formula field. Also, this code doesn't contain the error found in the online help example, where the second character byte equivalent of the first 5-character chunk was "4" instead of "2". I'd be more than happy if someone could come up with an even shorter version of this formula...Still, I hope you can use this.

Cheers,

Erik Mittmeyer

Hi All,

I would like to be able to call the SF Metadata API from Apex code in my custom app.

I went to Setup/App Setup/Develop/API and clicked on 'Download Metadata WSDL' and saved it to my hard drive.

Then I went to Setup/App Setup/Develop/ApexClasses and clicked on the 'Generate from WSDL' button. For Step 1, I navigate to the Metadata WSDL that I just saved and click 'Parse WSDL.' This takes me to the Step 2 screen where I then click on the 'Generate Apex code' button.

This takes me to the Step 3 screen which shows this error:

<error>

Apex generation failed.

Error message:
Error: Class name 'Metadata' already in use. Please edit WSDL to remove repeated names

</error>

Does this error mean that what I am attempting to do is not allowed? If it is allowed, how do I get around this error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew