• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I set up Approval Processes for Knowledge Base articles. The merge fields I set-up in the Approval Assignment Email Template that goes out to the Approver are pulling in fine. I also created email templates to go out to the Article submitter that let's them know the status of their Article Approval request. However with the exception of the first two merge fields, none of the other merge fields populate in the email. 

Merge Fields

Approval Process: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Name}

Process Step: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Step_Name}

Submitted by: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Assignee}

Approver: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Approver}

Approval Status: {!ApprovalRequest.Status}

Comments: {!ApprovalRequest.Comments}

Status Email to Article Submitter field population (fields not populating in italics)

Approval Process: Technical Review

Process Step: A

Submitted by: 

Approver: 

Approval Status: 

Comments: 

I also tried creating WorkFlow rules with email alerts, however there is no way to pull the Article Type merge fields into an email template. Can this be possible? It seems like such basic functionality to allow Article Type merge fields in email templates. 

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

• September 03, 2012

I have a customer that is planning to implement a SF to QuickBooks bi-directional tool. They have been working with DBSync so far. They need to be able to have QuickBooks write back the actuals from the Invoice to the individual SFDC Opportunity Product Line Items. They are being told by DBSync that it's not possible to write back from QuickBooks to the SFDC Product Line Items, which seems a bit obsurd. 

Use Case

The product order is created in SFDC using the Opportunity and Product Line Items. The order is then sent to QuickBooks to create a sales order. Due to inventory, they may not be able to ship the quantity ordered. Once the actual order is shipped, QuickBooks generates an Invoice for the actual shipped. The actual shipped information needs to be updated in the Product Line Items so the actuals are current in the SFDC Opportunities for reporting purposes.

DBSync said the only way they can do this is to have Quickbooks create a new Opportunity with Product Line Items with actuals. This work around creates several issues. The Opportunity ID and the Product Line Item ID's change and lose the creation date and stage history. Not only will this throw off all the reporting, it disconnects with the Campaign Opportunity and influence reporting on the new ID's. It also creates duplicate Opportunities that will have to be deleted. Not an option for this customer. 

It seems to me that this can't be the only customer that has this requirement and that an Apex Trigger can be created to update the actuals from the Invoice to the individual Porduct Line Items. 

Has anyone created a Trigger like this and is it possible?

You feedback is most appreciated. 

Thanks.

Janis

I'm trying to implement a public knowledge base that can be accessed via our web site. I followed the instructions in the Creating a Public Knowledge Base with SFDC Knowledge implementation guide. I created a Force.com site making sure to adhere to the notes about what not to configure prior to installing the PKB 2 app from the AppExchange. The next step in the implementation guide is to configure the PKB Site Set-up Object, however this object is not showing up. The only PKB object options I see are PKB 2 Settings, PKB Article deflection and PKB Featured. I can't go any farther with this set-up until I can access and configure the PKB Site Setup Object. What am I doing wrong here?

Also, I want to be sure that although PKB will be set-up as a Force.com site, I will still be able to embed it in our existing web site which is not built on Force.com Sites.

I'm trying to implement a public knowledge base that can be accessed via our web site. I followed the instructions in the Creating a Public Knowledge Base with SFDC Knowledge implementation guide. I created a Force.com site making sure to adhere to the notes about what not to configure prior to installing the PKB 2 app from the AppExchange. The next step in the implementation guide is to configure the PKB Site Set-up Object, however this object is not showing up. The only PKB object options I see are PKB 2 Settings, PKB Article deflection and PKB Featured. I can't go any farther with this set-up until I can access and configure the PKB Site Setup Object. What am I doing wrong here? Also, I want to be sure that although PKB will be set-up as a Force.com site, I will still be able to embed it in our existing web site which is not built on Force.com Sites.

Latigo Consulting is currently seeking freelance SFDC certified administrators/consultants located on the west coast to work remotely on multiple customer projects. You will work with lead consultants to help define requirements and configure/implement and deploy new functionality. Please send an overview of your skills/experience and hourly  requirements to janisd@latigoconsulting.com

I set up Approval Processes for Knowledge Base articles. The merge fields I set-up in the Approval Assignment Email Template that goes out to the Approver are pulling in fine. I also created email templates to go out to the Article submitter that let's them know the status of their Article Approval request. However with the exception of the first two merge fields, none of the other merge fields populate in the email. 

Merge Fields

Approval Process: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Name}

Process Step: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Step_Name}

Submitted by: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Assignee}

Approver: {!ApprovalRequest.Process_Approver}

Approval Status: {!ApprovalRequest.Status}

Comments: {!ApprovalRequest.Comments}

Status Email to Article Submitter field population (fields not populating in italics)

Approval Process: Technical Review

Process Step: A

Submitted by: 

Approver: 

Approval Status: 

Comments: 

I also tried creating WorkFlow rules with email alerts, however there is no way to pull the Article Type merge fields into an email template. Can this be possible? It seems like such basic functionality to allow Article Type merge fields in email templates. 

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

• September 03, 2012

On the action plan app, I have a template with several dependent tasks.  However when the controlling task is completed the dependent task is not showing up or sending the email to the person.  This functionality was working but is no longer working.  Any suggestions?

• October 12, 2010