• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am using email to case and we sometimes get cases with no matching contact found. I would like to have a custom button on the case that can open a new contact screen and parse the Web email address to a custom VF page I created. The new page should close on successful save (contact creation) or by clicking cancel. I am new to programming and would appreciate some assistance on how to nake this work.

Thanks

My VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" showHeader="false" sidebar="false">
<style type="text/css">
h2{
font-size:20pt;
}
</style>

<h2>Create a new contact</h2>
<p />
<apex:form >
<apex:pageblock >
<apex:pageblockbuttons location="bottom">
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save" id="SaveButton"/>
<apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel" id="CancelButton"/>
</apex:pageblockbuttons>

<apex:pageblocksection columns="1">
<apex:inputField value="{!Contact.FirstName}"/>
<apex:inputField value="{!Contact.LastName}" />
<apex:inputField value="{!Contact.Email}" />
<apex:inputField value="{!Contact.AccountID}" required="true" />
</apex:pageblocksection>
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

OK so I've been an admin for about 3 years and (for better or worse) know more about SF than anyone in my company.  i have some experience with apex and Visualforce, but little with triggers.

what i need is to write a trigger in production that does this:  the trigger should create a new record in a custom object called "Vehicles" when an Opportunity record is created with a specific value in one of its custom fields (the field is called "Type").  So, when an opp is created and saved with Type = "x", then the trigger should fire, and a new vehicle object record should be created that is populated with a few fields from that opportunity record.

can anyone send me some code to show me what this trigger should be or look like?  I've been researching this but have no clue, and I'm afraid of writing bad code that will cause problems.

also, the custom object is not in a parent-child relationship with the opporuntiy object, and i don't want it to be unless it has to be.

i know the developers in here are ridiculously smart and talented, and i'm just hoping one of you feels sorry enough for an amateur like me to help me out.  thanks a lot.

hi,

can anybody help me in making a input checkbox hidden in a visualforce page. 

The excel connector was working great until I had to uninstall and reinstall Excel yesterday (completely unrelated problem).  Now when I open an excel file it opens the Visual Basic Editor and gives me the error: "Compile Error: Object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found."  I completely uninstalled the connector, the Office Toolkit, and reset the settings on Excel.  When I reinstalled the Toolkit and it worked fine, then I installed the connector and I'm getting the same message again.  Help?

Hello,

Installed the Excel Connector.  Worked for the first day.  Next day, I open Excel and recieve this message:

Compile Error in hidden module: AutoExec

I clicked OK and the message cleared out.  But when I try to launch the Connector:

Compile error in hidden module:  CSession.

Thanks

I'm attempting to create my first VF page. It is a line-item entry form that will allow a user to enter multiple child records (Lit_Order_Detail__c) before clicking save. Right now, I'm opening the VF page from a custom button on the parent (Lit_Order__c). However, when the page opens, the lookup field for the parent is not populated - so the user has to click the lookup to select the parent from Lit_Order__c. Is there a way to pass the parent id of the previous page to the new child records on the VF page?

My Visualforce page:

<apex:page standardController="Lit_Order_Detail__c" extensions="OrderEntry"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Sales Literature Orders Quick Entry" > <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" rerender="error" /> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!ords}" var="a" id="table"> <apex:column headerValue="Order ID"> <apex:inputField value="{!a.Lit_Order__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column headerValue="Order Detail ID"> <apex:inputField value="{!a.Name}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column headerValue="Request"> <apex:inputField value="{!a.Literature_Request__c}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column headerValue="Quantity"> <apex:inputField value="{!a.Quantity__c}"/> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlockTable> <apex:pageblockButtons location="bottom"> <div style="text-align:right;margin-right:30px;font-weight:bold;"> <apex:commandLink value="Add Row" action="{!addRow}" rerender="table,error" immediate="true" /> &nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp; <apex:commandLink value="Remove Row" action="{!removeRow}" rerender="table,error" immediate="true" /> </div> </apex:pageblockButtons> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

My Apex class:

public class OrderEntry { public List<Lit_Order_Detail__c> ords {get; set;} public OrderEntry(ApexPages.StandardController myController) { ords = new List<Lit_Order_Detail__c>(); ords.add(New Lit_Order_Detail__c());} public void addrow() { ords.add(new Lit_Order_Detail__c());} public void removerow(){ Integer i = ords.size(); ords.remove(i-1);} public PageReference save() { insert ords; PageReference home = new PageReference('/home/home.jsp'); home.setRedirect(true); return home; }}

Thank you!

• February 06, 2009
Hi,

I'm trying to delete records through sforce connector that I uploaded through sforce connector (v 6.15). Every delete attempt was unsuccessful and give the error of the following:

Error Generated by request:: Zero length array passed to Refresh
ExceptionCode : 1

Could not establish connection to API service

Any ideas what might caused the issue?

Thanks..
  • March 03, 2006