• 5 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, let me know if it is not.

Here is the scenario, I have a visual force page with a pageblocktable, the first column in the table has links that when hovered over opens a related pageblocktable in a hover similar to the related list hover links you would normally see. Within the hover pageblocktable certain links when clicked will open a modal dialog confirming a question with the user before they continue to a new page. The modal is working perfectly until you mouse outside of the browser or to the scrollbar for your browser, then the modal dialog with its opacity covering the page will dissapear. But if you mouse back into the hover the modal turns back on. I realize this is most likely due to the hover being 'mouseout' of, so closing the hover and closing the modal in the process. What is the best way to approach this challenge. My jquery and javascript knowledge is limited but I can hack through some things.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

What would be the best practice solution for when my markup's basic structure looks like the following:

<apex:page>
  <apex:form>
    <apex:tabpanel>
      <apex:tab>
        <apex:include pageName="page1" />
      </apex:tab>
        <apex:include pageName="page2" />
    </apex:tabpanel>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

With this structure, if I put a form tag in either 'page1' or 'page2' then I will receive the nested form error message.

What would be the best practice solution for when my markup's basic structure looks like the following:

<apex:tabpanel>
        <apex:include pageName="page1" />
        <apex:include pageName="page2" />
    </apex:tabpanel>
  </apex:form>

With this structure, if I put a form tag in either 'page1' or 'page2' then I will receive the nested form error message.

In my application I need to fade the page on load(when it is loading).

I have used this code but its not working...

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){

$(document).ready(function () {$('.nav').fadeIn(3000);});
});</script>

and then div tag <div class="nav" style="display:none"> 

before closing page tag.

Can any one help me.

• January 24, 2011

Hey All,

I am wondering if it is possible to apply the new Salesforce tab style to an <apex:tabPanel> object.

Tab Style

I understand that I can apply custom css, but I was hoping that I could get access to the Salesforce styles.

Thanks for any help,

DH

Hi all.  I'm looking for general guidance on the best way to handle the following situation:  I have a high level structure like this:

Code:
    <c:myComponent />

where 'myComponent' is a component that ends up outputting another apex:form tag.

I gather that VF does not like the nested forms - it complains with something like

'c:myComponent' component cannot be nested within form tags

I believe this kind of thing is pretty unavoidable in our design - typically those components are outputting a commandLink or some other thing that requires an enclosing form.

We've considered a couple of alternatives for structuring our pages to avoid this.  The current frontrunner is to do the following:

- Declare a single apex:form at the page level
- Cordon off the various areas of responsibility using actionRegions instead of form tags

Does that seem like a reasonable solution, or should we consider another approach?

Thanks very much in advance.

Message Edited by pcal on 08-13-2008 06:18 PM
  • August 14, 2008