• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Friends,

Can somebody please explain me what is happening in the below given lines.

What is header and why do we use it.?

What does this EncodingUtil.base64Encode does?

What is the use of Blob.valueof()?.

String username = 'myname';
String password = 'mypwd';

Blob headerValue = Blob.valueOf(username + ':' + password);
     String authorizationHeader = 'BASIC ' +
     EncodingUtil.base64Encode(headerValue);
     req.setHeader('Authorization', authorizationHeader);

Thanks,

Trick

Hi Friends ,

I have some support issue and I have to provide resolutoin to the below mentioned issue.

I create a new case and after putting all the values on the case  I have to click on the save and close button on the case object itself.Now,once I have clicked on the save and close button it takes me to another page with many fields on it.One field is picklists with the name case resolution.It had some values in it.I added some more values.The support user who save and close this this after choosing the reason from the picklists has complained that ever since new value "No problem found" has been added to the case resolution picklists,case object sends an email alert to the account manager with "no problem found"email alert even though the case resolution code "Application support" has been selected from the picklists.

The guy who has this issue thinks that since new values have been added and therefore  order of the picklists has been changed and workflow was probaly set on theb position of the picklists

What do u think could be the problem with the workflow?

Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks,

Trick012

Hi Friends ,

I have some support issue and I have to provide resolutoin to the below mentioned issue.

I create a new case and after putting all the values on the case  I have to click on the save and close button on the case object itself.Now,once I have clicked on the save and close button it takes me to another page with many fields on it.One field is picklists with the name case resolution.It had some values in it.I added some more values.The support user who save and close this this after choosing the reason from the picklists has complained that ever since new value "No problem found" has been added to the case resolution picklists,case object sends an email alert to the account manager with "no problem found"email alert even though the case resolution code "Application support" has been selected from the picklists.

The guy who has this issue thinks that since new values have been added and therefore  order of the picklists has been changed and workflow was probaly set on theb position of the picklists

What do u think could be the problem with the workflow?

Please help me with your suggestions.

Thanks,

Trick012

I have case object,c1 object and new object.C1 object and new object are both having lookup relationship with the case object.

Now, both c1 and new object appears as related list to the case object.When I click on the new button on the C1 Object I have certain field in which people put information.Some processing happens and the processed result should be stored on the fields in the new object.

So after putting  values in the field on the c1 object,I save it and trigger runs which is suppose to put processed results in the new object.After all this happens,I click on the new new button on on the new object which is a related list on the case object.I see empty fields.

All processed values are lost.

Can I overide this button and when some body clicks on the override button it shops a new object with results in the fields?.

Can somebody please help?

Thanks,

Trick012

I have case object,c1 object and new object.C1 object and new object are both having lookup relationship with the case object.

Now, both c1 and new object appears as related list to the case object.When I click on the new button on the C1 Object I have certain field in which people put information.Some processing happens and the processed result should be stored on the fields in the new object.

So after putting  values in the field on the c1 object,I save it and trigger runs which is suppose to put processed results in the new object.After all this happens,I click on the new new button on on the new object which is a related list on the case object.I see empty fields.

Can I overide this button and when some body clicks on the override button it shops a new object with results in the fields?.

Thanks,

Trick012

I have case objject and another object which is child of the case object.On this child object I have picklist known as stages and one by one I have to go through those stages and I have to record the number of days I have stayed in a particular stage ,now I have to show  days in another object which is a also a child object of the case object.But both of these cases have no direct relation to each other.

Will this kind of functionality work ,Plesase suggests me the way

Or

The object on which I am showing number of days has to be the master of the child object which is related to the case object

Please help

trick012   

Hi Friends,

I use Internet Explorer 8(IE 8).My problem is that when I select an object and try to edit some date fields.The calendar on the object is abnormally large and date displayed in the field is way off than what I selected 

Other browsers are working fine But I need to solve this support issue.

Please help.

Thanks,

Trick12

Hi Friends,

I use Internet Explorer 8(IE 8).My problem is that when I select an object and try to edit some date fields.The calendar on the object is abnormally large and date displayed in the field is way off than what I selected 

Please help.

Thanks,

Trick12

Hi Friends,

Please help.

Thanks,

Trick12

Hi Friends,

My problem is that I have couple of record types on the case page  and I select record type named Support case then it opens a page associated with support case record type.Then on this page I click on close page button then it opens another page whaich has

Picklist field named resolution types.

Now I have to add picklist values in this field.

So what I do is that I add new values in the field in the backend  but when I check it on the page after clicking close page button I do not see any new added values in the picklist 

What could be the reason.How do I values into it ,cansomebody please help me with this.

Thanks,

Trick

Can I overide this button and when some body clicks on the override button it shops a new object with results in the fields?.

Thanks,

Trick012

I have case objject and another object which is child of the case object.On this child object I have picklist known as stages and one by one I have to go through those stages and I have to record the number of days I have stayed in a particular stage ,now I have to show  days in another object which is a also a child object of the case object.But both of these cases have no direct relation to each other.

Will this kind of functionality work ,Plesase suggests me the way

Or

The object on which I am showing number of days has to be the master of the child object which is related to the case object

Please help

trick012   

Hi,

I just got into a requirement where i need to pull lov of a field based on the record type , so that i do not need to change the code , if in future more lov's are added to the record type. I know the record type and dependencies will induce into VFP by default, but as per my requirement the standard controller object and the one for which i wanted to retrieve the lovs are different.

Let me know if there is any way to do this using global describe or any thing.